Sr. Director, Global Customer Support @ Axcelis Technologies, Inc.
Director, Global Customer Support @ Axcelis Technologies
Product Support Manager @ Eaton Corporation
Electrical Engineering @
Penn State University
An accomplished Sr. Director Global Customer Support, with over 20 years domestic and international experience in semiconductor engineering, marketing, training, customer service and technical support centers involving both start-up and growth organizations. Decisive, results oriented leader with proven success in developing customer service programs and long-term leadership for multimillion-dollar service and after-market organizations. Track record of delighting
An accomplished Sr. Director Global Customer Support, with over 20 years domestic and international experience in semiconductor engineering, marketing, training, customer service and technical support centers involving both start-up and growth organizations. Decisive, results oriented leader with proven success in developing customer service programs and long-term leadership for multimillion-dollar service and after-market organizations. Track record of delighting customers, directing staff, and spearheading operational improvements to increase service, drive productivity, and reduce costs. Excels in demanding, dynamic environments while remaining focused and agile. Strong management and leadership skills, with ability to motivate professionals, achieve goals, and maximize levels of productivity. Excellent communication skills to influence, build, and sustain alliances at the executive level to advance the philosophy and methodology of the “Voice of the Customer” with internal and external customers.
Sr. Director, Global Customer Support @ Directs the global support organization including product support, software automation, install and warranty, technical training, and technical documentation for all Axcelis product lines. (Implant, Dry Strip, Curing, RTP)
• Generate and Daily management to facilitate and enable service delivery, quality, cost and safety by leveraging the factory and field resources to drive continuous improvement, reliability, and customer escalations in a fast paced service focused environment.
• A leader with a strong blend of both strategic and tactical approaches to operational and business objectives, leveraging both background and experience with continuous improvements to drive results via credibility, influence and leadership by example.
• Manage installation and warranty cost to less than 8% of ASP through establishing local installation teams, establishing refurbish parts programs, supplier credit process, and advanced field service training.
• Implemented a corporate CRM program to enhance customer satisfaction, data collection, and reporting. This program provides visibility to management and product teams by establishing a single repository for worldwide customer interactions such as presentations, tool performance, customer visits, and meeting reports. The program links internal and external data to drive collaboration for continuous improvement, improved quality, cost reduction, reduced CoO, and recognized customer satisfaction. From May 2005 to Present (10 years 8 months) Director, Global Customer Support @ Directed the global support organization including product support, field service, software automation, install and warranty, after-market upgrades/spares, technical training, and technical documentation for all Axcelis product lines. (Dry Strip, Curing)
• Lead CCS Division transition team to transfer all aspects of the business to the Beverly
Massachusetts Headquarters. This included the project plan to hire, relocate, and lay-off staff in all departments while continuing to manufacture, develop new products, support and service customers, and transfer the business unit over a 14-month timeframe.
• Customer Support Departments generated 35 million dollars in revenue for the CCS Division.
• Reduced support cost by 40% by establishing local expertise and local language regionally by rotating engineers through the factory annually to build expertise.
• Served as the primary management owner for all customer escalation plans, recommend courses of action regarding customer management issues and implement requisite action plans. From February 2000 to Present (15 years 11 months) Product Support Manager @ • Lead the 300mm Support Team winning the Intel Dry Strip selection establishing the ES3 product as tool of choice resulting in a 32-tool order over 18 months.
• Created a Web-based Technical Bulletin distribution site to provide customers access to BKM’s, Lesson Learned, Safety Alerts, and Technical Bulletins for all tool sets.
• Established the Product Support Department in 1996 moving from the New Products/System Engineering Team. Hired seven engineers and established multiple policies to consolidate all of the customer touch points of the business From February 1996 to February 2000 (4 years 1 month) Additional Positions: Fusion Systems @ • New Products Engineering Manager, Sales and Marketing
• Technical Support Manager, Sales and Marketing
• Sustain Engineering Manager, Engineering
• System Engineer, Engineering
• Program Manager, Technology Transfer Texas Instruments, Engineering From February 1988 to February 1996 (8 years 1 month)
Business: Marketing Concentration @ University of Phoenix From 2009 to 2011 Electrical Engineering @ Penn State University From 1984 to 1990 Dave Shaner is skilled in: Semiconductor Industry, UHV, Semiconductors, Etching, Electro-mechanical, Field Service, Robotics, SPC, Electronics, Design of Experiments, Engineering Management, Characterization, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Root Cause Analysis, Automation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension