Client Side Engineer / Front-End Developer @ Bodybuilding.com
Dave is a Front-End Engineer who specializes in high performance websites ranging from large eCommerce sites to single page web apps. He has worked for the largest online supplement and nutrition company in the world at Bodybuilding.com and was a technical consultant for many Fortune 500 companies while at Acquity Group. Dave is currently working on the
Dave is a Front-End Engineer who specializes in high performance websites ranging from large eCommerce sites to single page web apps. He has worked for the largest online supplement and nutrition company in the world at Bodybuilding.com and was a technical consultant for many Fortune 500 companies while at Acquity Group. Dave is currently working on the “reboot” of the worlds largest database on the startup community and venture capital called CrunchBase. Dave received his degree from Boise State University.
Development Expertise - Languages:
Design, Internet Marketing, and SEO:
Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Bridge, Android and iPhone UI, Twitter API, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, MailChimp, HootSuite, SEO, Direct Mail, Yardi, InfoUSA, ACT!, Social Media Marketing, Salesforce.com, and SugarCRM.
Front-End Architect @ Accomplishments:
* Worked with a core team of engineers, a designer, a QA lead, and executives to rebuild CrunchBase from the ground up, end-to-end inside of a year.
* Wrote a custom responsive design front-end framework and owned the view layer of the app.
* Built a POC (proof of concept) prototype of the application in Angular JS that mocked every component and interaction.
* Ran a Ruby on Rails back-end, developed locally while committing code via iTerm2 and GitHub Enterprise Edition.
* Core team member to rebuild CrunchBase and to build The Business Graph.
* Working to establish Agile Methodologies to our development process and to help build the company.
* Developing the best tools in the world for the start-up and venture community. From June 2013 to Present (2 years 7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Front-End Developer / Client-Side Engineer @ * Led design, UX, and client-side teams in enterprise architecture design and development for several Alexa Top 1000 sites.
* Provided client-side implementation of code with several J2EE back-ends, ran builds, and deployments.
* Rewrote Flash applications and implemented into HTML5/CSS3/JS websites.
* Provided project scoping estimates for client pitches.
* Developed iPad/iPhone responsive landing pages for mobile campaigns.
* Created custom jQuery plugins for homepage hero carousels. From July 2011 to June 2013 (2 years) Boise, Idaho AreaClient Side Engineer / Front-End Developer @ * Responsible for cross-browser compatibility of the site wrapper for an Alexa Top 700 website.
- Supported IE6+, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera browsers.
- Crafted bulletproof semantic and highly reusable markup for implementation into the supersite and e-commerce store.
* Developed code using SVN and agile development teams.
* Developed custom Facebook and Twitter applications throughout the site.
* Created a jQuery video replacement plugin that saved 95K for page load time.
* Ant builds to minify production code for stylesheets From August 2010 to July 2011 (1 year) Front-End Engineer / UI Designer / SEO & PPC Consultant @ Freelance Designer, Developer, and Speaker.
* Ben 4 Boise - Boise City Council Campaign 2011.
* Website homepage, brand design, and social strategy.
Featured presenter and writer for social media marketing and app development:
* Geo location social media panel - Social Media Club Boise - May 2011.
* Selling your product training panel - LaunchPad Series with Perkins Coie - March 2011.
* Gamification - the next digital marketing trend - Published by Idaho Business Review - Feb 2011.
* Arts Northwest, Boise - October ’09; social media’s use in chambers and young professional programs:
* American Chamber of Commerce Executives, Cleveland - October ’09;
* The social media revolution: Stevens-Henager College, Boise - September ’09;
* Social media 101: Boise State University, Boise – July ’09;
* Social media panel: J.R. Simplot and Company, Boise - January ’09 From June 2008 to July 2011 (3 years 2 months) Boise, Idaho AreaUI Web Designer and E-Commerce Architect @ * Developed, designed, and deployed custom user interfaces from wireframe, mock-up, to valid XHTML/CSS, PHP, AJAX, MySQL, and various other techie acronyms. Both frontend and backend development.
* Created custom themes with various CMS platforms from Wordpress, to Drupal, to Magento.
* Developed e-commerce solutions from FoxyCart, to Zen Cart, to OsCommerce, to Magento online stores.
* Ran Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising programs and SEO work for e-commerce stores. From October 2009 to August 2010 (11 months) Adjunct Instructor- Graphic Arts and Marketing @ * Taught classes in Package Design, Information Design, Beginning Web Development, Beginning User Interface Design and Usability, Advertising Design, and Intro to Computers.
* Student Mentor for the SHC Design Club. From May 2009 to August 2010 (1 year 4 months) Web, Brand, and Social Media Manager @ * Leadership Team – 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
* Founding member - 2006
* Professional & Leadership Development Marketing Liaison – 2007, 2008
o Marketed and helped to develop the b|wise series (mentoring program)
* Marketing & Development Chair – 2006 , 2007
o Led the Work-Team in the Rebranding Campaign for BYP
- RFP Process
- Interviews and Selection
- Discovery Phase
- Design Phase (including Style Guide)
- Brand Launch
* Created and manage the LinkedIn account, now with more than 1000 members
* Marketed program events via Facebook and managed the BYP group page
* Created the Twitter account to alert BYP “followers” of what is going on with BYP
* Launched a members only social networking site to give the members the ability to blog, create their own events, and manage their own programs through work-team group pages. From October 2006 to January 2009 (2 years 4 months) Marketing Specialist / Project Manager @ * Designed and executed a corporate rebranding effort, new collateral, new Web 2.0 website, and managed brands
* Created and launched a nationwide direct marketing program that increased portfolio occupancy by 7%, $14 million annually. Tracked direct mail, Web hits, showings, leases
* Managed programs for cross-functional and cross-organizational teams including knowledge owners, designers, copy writers, photographers, and executive management, plus two ad agencies, eight outside vendors, nine regional leasing managers, and five real estate brokerages: CBRE, Transwestern, Grubb-Ellis, Colliers International, and Cushman & Wakefield. From October 2005 to June 2008 (2 years 9 months) Market Development Representative / Trainer @ * Launched promotions for Iomega, Microsoft, Epson, and Texas Instruments
* Covered an eight store region involving training retail sales associates, managing POP, implementing new product introductions in stores, and shelf-space negotiations From June 2002 to March 2005 (2 years 10 months) Marketing and Community/Public Relations Intern @ * Created the first ever corporate media guide
* Managed the Web site and the ACT! Database for season ticket renewals and promotions From April 2004 to October 2004 (7 months) Public Relations Director and Web Designer @ * Provided the groundwork for the redesign of the ASBSU Website
* Passed an initiative to add a "Diversity Requirement" for graduation
* Helped to create the New Student Orientation program: new, transfer, and non-traditional student
* Created a training event with Monster.com: Community change through individual involvement. From August 2003 to May 2004 (10 months)