I am a software development engineer on Amazon's Fulfillment Technologies team. My team owns two internal tools that are crucial to running Amazon fulfillment centers worldwide. Prior to this, I had a career in science where I studied rapidly evolving insects and vector-borne diseases. Over time, my accomplishments grew increasingly technical, from web development to backend system
I am a software development engineer on Amazon's Fulfillment Technologies team. My team owns two internal tools that are crucial to running Amazon fulfillment centers worldwide. Prior to this, I had a career in science where I studied rapidly evolving insects and vector-borne diseases. Over time, my accomplishments grew increasingly technical, from web development to backend system design. I finally decided to take the leap into software via Ada Developers Academy, an intensive training program for women transitioning into software development.
Here’s me in a nutshell:
• Lives for problem-solving — This is the best part of the job.
• Digs simplifying — I want to write code that my team can actually read.
• Loves feedback — I welcome criticism. It’s how I learn and improve.
• Customer-obsessed — That's the Amazon mantra. I drank the Kool Aid and it was delicious.
• Gets stuff done — No BS. I know when to put the Nerf gun down.
Here’s what I know:
• PostgreSQL, RSpec, JSON, jQuery, AJAX, HTML, CSS, Selenium, Bash, OSX, Git, Eclipse, Vim
Here’s what I can learn:
• Anything. Seriously. For example, I independently designed and built a complex web app in 30 days with only a few months of programming experience. I've written and published a scientific paper describing a new species of insect without having ever taken a single entomology course in my life. In short, I'm a passionate learner who makes things happen.
Software Development Engineer @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Greater Seattle AreaSoftware Development Engineer Intern @ • Worked in Java to develop a Spring MVC application for Amazon Fulfillment Centers. The application allows fulfillment centers to manage the SLAs that determine how quickly their staff need to work to meet promised delivery deadline for all Amazon shipments.
• Integrated internal APIs into application for data display and permissions verification.
• Created and tested methods to call new SLA service.
• Wrote integration tests for algorithm that handles every customer shipment that Amazon delivers. From March 2015 to August 2015 (6 months) Greater Seattle AreaStudent Software Developer @ • Built full-stack skill set at intensive software development program for women
• Spearheaded and helped engineer a completely redesigned backend for California's official West Nile virus surveillance program. This allowed us to sustain a robust reporting system, despite severe budget cuts.
• Identified and resolved systematic discrepancies between database interfaces, thus completely eliminating misclassification errors From July 2012 to August 2014 (2 years 2 months) Scientist @ Major achievements:
• Built exhaustive online guide to scientifically significant insect species (soapberry bugs) from the ground up. I single-handedly combed 300 years worth of scientific literature across multiple languages to develop a truly complete and user-friendly guide. This website quickly became a top Google hit for soapberry bug searches.
• Named and formally described a new species of soapberry bug, Leptocoris ursulae
• Independently designed and conducted comparative developmental study of soapberry bugs From October 2009 to July 2012 (2 years 10 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension