Accomplished strategic marketer, brand builder and consumer engagement innovator with over 20 years of experience in retail marketing in both client and agency environments.. Ability to define high-level strategies, implement effective solutions and create/establish strong brands. A key decision-maker influencing the company’s vision/ strategy, brand, marketing/advertising and digital strategies. Consistent record of sales, profit and market share
Accomplished strategic marketer, brand builder and consumer engagement innovator with over 20 years of experience in retail marketing in both client and agency environments.. Ability to define high-level strategies, implement effective solutions and create/establish strong brands. A key decision-maker influencing the company’s vision/ strategy, brand, marketing/advertising and digital strategies. Consistent record of sales, profit and market share growth through P & L responsibility and leadership of marketing, creative, media, production and loyalty programs. Honed strategic brand management skills through brand development and agency management experience working with partners such as The Walt Disney Company, Sony Pictures, Paramount Pictures, Lucasfilms, Dreamworks, Marvel Studios, Coca-Cola, Dr. Pepper, NFL, Nascar, MTV, Live Nation, Nickelodeon, Microsoft X-box and with brands such as Burger King, Firehouse Subs, Dunkin Donuts, Boston Market, White Castle, Logan’s Roadhouse, Captain D’s and Ashley Furniture.
Areas of expertise include: Brand Strategy; Brand Development; New Product Introduction ;Website Creative Development; Consumer Engagement; Brand Management; Product Management; Media Management; Marketing Administration; Engagement Strategy; Pricing/Planning/Promotion; Digital Marketing; Multicultural Marketing; Public Relations; Advertising; Sales Promotion/Events; People Development; Brand Marketing; Database Management/CRM; Social Media
Vice President, Marketing Activation @ From March 2015 to Present (8 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSenior Vice President, Group Account Director @ ZIMMERMAN ADVERTISING, OMNICOM AGENCY
Senior Vice President, Group Account Director
Agency Senior Executive with management oversight for the Restaurant and Retail division. Responsible for overseeing multiple brand portfolios worth $5B+ in revenues, chief client contact as well as agency lead for all C-level marketing meetings, strategic planning and franchisee meetings. Lead cross-functional internal teams of 20+ people.
• Led strategic direction, marketing efforts, and media strategy that resulted in record growth of Firehouse Subs business to first national advertising and media campaign launch in 2015. Led Franchisee Marketing Road Shows to sell in new media strategy and advertising campaign.
• Won new business and named AOR for Dunkin Donuts (DD) National Local Store Marketing platforms including traditional media and retail-technology, supporting Franchisees and field teams for over 10,000 restaurants including new market development.
• Won new business with Logan’s Roadhouse restaurants providing strategic oversight in new media plan launch including digital and traditional media, creative, and consumer engagement promotions.
• Conducted and led strategic review of Boston Market account resulting in revised strategy, creative campaign and promotional calendar and 35 months of positive comp sales including most successful new product campaign launch of ribs. Increased Digital and Social media business.
• In-charge of re-branding White Castle consumer campaign and secured new digital and social business resulting in positive comp sales.
• Strategic oversight and management of licensee and corporate teams for Ashley Furniture, largest American Furniture Company. Responsible for the implementation of branding, advertising, and omni channel marketing implementation support for client and licensees. Managed Licensee advertising including production and media buying for 100+ licensees From June 2011 to March 2015 (3 years 10 months) Ft. Lauderdale, FLVice President Sales & Marketing Inter-Continental Cigar Company @ The US division of Danneman Cigar Company, which sold Al Capone cigarillos in the United States. Retail sales organization with 25 sales representatives and sampling teams.
• Responsible for company’s Sales Field team, Brand Promoter field team and oversight of all key accounts including Walgreens, 7-11, Race Trak, ABC Wine & Liquor and Hess accounts.
• Developed first social and digital media plan including new website launch and database management conversion.
• Created strategic Brand Positioning and Marketing Launch campaigns for two new product categories – Al Capone Snus and Kagi, premium Swiss chocolate bar. From June 2010 to December 2010 (7 months) Ft. Lauderdale, FLSenior Director Cultural Marketing @ Senior Executive and Brand Manager for a $3B global brand and second largest fast food company in the world. Responsible for the Youth & Family Marketing and Adult Promotions as well as Multi-Cultural marketing resulting in award-winning promotions and sales. Responsible for management of a department of 15+ and a $100M+ budget in the functional areas of: branding, marketing, advertising, digital and social media, PR, internal communications, licensing and managed 22+ global agencies include supply chain management, logistics and franchisee communications.
• Responsible for the strategy, product development and calendar process with focus on driving sales, customer count and profitability and co-management of overall $400M ad budget including direct and indirect media expenditures, merchandising, promotions and sponsorship, public relations and agency fees
• Developed fully integrated omni channel marketing programs for kids meal and national promotions including advertising, media, print, merchandising, digital, social, CRM and database, public relations & multicultural campaigns including African-American & Spanish Dominant campaigns.
• Oversaw global premium/toy program including design, manufacturing, safety testing, logistics & supply chain as second-largest manufacturer in the world of toys distributed in 51 countries. Responsible for agency management in US and China.
• Pioneered cross-functional teams in developing Better Business Bureau Food Pledge and creation of new, healthier Kids Meal menu and Positive Steps Kids Meal featuring BK Fresh Apple fries that launched in 2008 with 6M units sold in four weeks and 30mm media impressions. Resulted in winning “The Event Marketer of The Year” for Apple Fries sampling program.
• Managed Global Franchisee & Employee National Convention for 15 years as Executive Producer of $3mm four-day event including all speech and content creation, creative and on-site logistics, employee meeting and team building functions. From October 2006 to June 2010 (3 years 9 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaVice President Sales & Marketing @ Led the marketing and sales communications for a private South Florida builder ($3B) with oversight of an in-house advertisement and media department of 15+ people.
• Directed $10M annual media budget. Developed strategic media plan and sales support plan for eight community/brands within the corporate portfolio.
• Designed company web site and developed analytics to track web-based sales leads.
• Developed and managed sales events for each community including Grand Opening and promotional sales events resulting in multi-million dollar one-day revenue. From June 2005 to September 2006 (1 year 4 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaSenior Director National Sponsorships & Promotions @ During a 10+ year tenure at Burger King Corporation, provided marketing, advertising and franchisee/franchisor leadership during pivotal business turn-around phase.
• Negotiated partnership with Mark Burnett and championed development of a new Limited-Time-Only Whopper tied to The Apprentice season premiere which was executed with in-restaurant signage, advertising and training in 24 hours of the show airing, resulting in record January same-store sales, winning ”Promotion of The Year 2005.”
• Negotiated NFL four-year partnership with Burger King for national fast food exclusive rights including Super Bowl and promotional rights for premiums. Oversaw development of iconic King Super Bowl ad resulting in best Super Bowl Ad Round-ups.
Sr. Director, Marketing Communications May 2002-July 2004
• Responsible for strategic development of test markets, marketing plans and rollout of national promotional initiatives.
• Designed National Executive Team Road Show “Listen & Learn” Meetings developed to improve communications between the field employees, franchisees and Senior Management. Led 50 meetings in 25 DMA’s and produced creative, speeches and managed all logistics.
• Named Ad Age “Top 10 Women To Watch”
Positions included Director, Marketing Communications(2002- 2004), Director Interactive & Adult promotions (2000-2002), Manager National Promotions (1998-2000) Manager National Advertising (1996-1998),Manager Marketing Communications (1995- 1996) Manager Communications & Public Relations( 1993- 1995), Supervisor Technical Communications (1993) From March 1993 to July 2005 (12 years 5 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Masters degree in Communication, Public Relations & Hospitality Management @ Florida International University From 1989 to 1992 Bachelors, English Major, Business Communications @ State University of New York College at Oneonta From 1985 to 1989 Cortland High School Cindy Syracuse is skilled in: Merchandising, Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Shopper Marketing, Advertising, Customer Insight, Event Planning, Relationship Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Multicultural, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Consumer Marketing, Strategic Planning, Marketing Strategy, Marketing Communications, Advertising Management, Strategy, Brand Management, Marketing, Cross-functional Team..., Creative Direction, Leadership, Sales, Team Building, Sponsorship, Direct Marketing, Creative Strategy, Interactive Marketing, Management, Marketing Management, Product Development, Media Planning, Brand Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension