It wasn’t until a good friend and CS grad from MIT introduced me to new possibilities within the exciting and fast paced world of software. From the moment I created my first rock, paper, scissors game I knew where I belonged.
Fast forward to now, I've led and collaborated with engineers on multiple applications shifting between server-side and front-end roles. I love working with UI, UX and frameworks including Angular.JS & React.JS and also have substantial experience with back-end technologies including Node.JS, Express, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Bookshelf.JS. Insatiably curious, I love a fresh challenge, picking up new technologies and using my creativity to develop meaningful applications with valuable outcomes.
When I'm not diving into code, I love to surf, snowboard and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I have also been crazy about cars since just about the day I was born and in the near future plan on racing semi-competitively. Oh, and just as a fair warning I might claim the title of ping pong champion if we ever happen to share the same office.
Feel free to browse my portfolio here: chriscastillo.firebaseapp.com
Medical Device Sales Representative @ • Provide premier body composition devices targeting a wide array of industry professionals within the southeast region with a larger emphasis on bariatric care, exercise physiologists, professional sports & fitness centers.
• Successfully balanced a multitude of tasks including independent lead generation, cold calling, price quotes, PRF’s, and inquiries all while hitting/surpassing sales quota through direct selling. From March 2014 to April 2015 (1 year 2 months) Educator @ • Educate guests on technical features of the products and materials used at a high volume retail location
• Developed interpersonal sales skills through guest interactions
• Learned to efficiently work as a team to reach and exceed daily/ monthly sales goals
• Developed quick problem solving skills and time management skills enabling success in a fast paced environment From October 2013 to March 2014 (6 months) Lab Assistant @ • Assisted in recruiting hundreds of subjects for 6 ongoing studies for the nationally recognized lab
• Managed and coordinated weekly DEXA body composition scans weekend mornings and escorted subjects for MRIs.
• Assisted in attaining muscle & adipose tissue samples from study subjects for biopsy’s
• Actively attended weekly meetings pertaining to the ongoing goals of the lab enabling further growth in effectively engaging and communicating with highly educated professionals. From October 2012 to September 2013 (1 year)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension