Global Director, Talent Management & Organization Development @
Global Head of Organizational Development & Change @
Master of Science (M.S.) @
University of St. Francis
** ORGANIZATIONAL AND TALENT DEVELOPMENT LEADER **
Accomplished leader with over 18 years of experience focusing on change leadership, business results, learning & development, employee engagement, & executing on large-scale change initiatives. Demonstrates strong thought-leadership, strategic thinking, global & cross-functional collaboration. A business partner known for her ability to foster trusting & advisory relationships with senior leaders
** ORGANIZATIONAL AND TALENT DEVELOPMENT LEADER **
Accomplished leader with over 18 years of experience focusing on change leadership, business results, learning & development, employee engagement, & executing on large-scale change initiatives. Demonstrates strong thought-leadership, strategic thinking, global & cross-functional collaboration. A business partner known for her ability to foster trusting & advisory relationships with senior leaders & stakeholders. Adept in helping leaders develop the unrealized potential of their team members, while closing skill gaps in meaningful & satisfying ways. Proven results impacting 33 countries & 10 business verticals. Master of Science degree in Education & Training Management.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Plan, guide & implement change in processes & systems, including needs assessment, team building, training, performance measurement & evaluation.
CHANGE MANAGEMENT: Execute large-scale change initiatives; transition leadership & employees, close organizational skill gaps, & successfully achieve talent needs in response to rapid globalization.
TEAM COLLABORATION: Work closely with senior management, organizational leaders & partners, & cross-functional team members to build enterprise-wide improvements to talent management.
CRITICAL THINKING: Conceptualize, analyze, & present solutions to senior management as key resource for leading & directing strategic business & talent initiatives for selection, retention, training and motivation of talent.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Budget management; career development; coaching; competency modeling; employee engagement surveys; executive team development; employee selection & onboarding; performance management; talent review & succession planning; post-acquisition integrations.
RECOGNITION: Developed three start-up teams in large financial services organizations where talent & organizational effectiveness functions did not previously exist.
Global Head of Organizational Development & Change @ * Built and staffed an Organizational Development and Change Team in less than 12 months to create and embed a set of consistent and sustainable talent and change management processes for the enterprise.
* Led a center of excellence which provides enterprise strategies and solutions for talent management, change management, competency development, effective leadership, and performance management.
* Oversaw change management for key enterprise-wide strategic initiatives: New HR performance management system implementation; open space office renovation; technology infrastructure overhaul, sales effectiveness and employee networking resource groups.
* Created and implemented a talent review and succession strategy focusing on the top 200 most critical positions through assessment, development and succession processes.
* Directed the strategic initiative to introduce organizational core leadership and functional competencies.
* Standardized the performance management processes, executive assessment and coaching processes, and vendor partnerships across the enterprise.
* Collaborated with regional dotted line reporting partnerships to ensure all programs and communications are adjusted as needed when cultural differences mandate such alterations. From July 2012 to June 2015 (3 years) Senior Consultant, Organizational Development @ * Reported to the Vice President of Talent Management; responsible for providing a mix of organizational effectiveness programs to improve performance during a period of rapid globalization.
* Responsible for post-acquisition integration, talent management and succession planning, global change management, performance management, employee development and engagement, talent selection and assessment, leadership development, executive coaching, team development, and training and tools.
* Provided consulting services and solutions for three corporate segments: Global, North America, and Business Units.
* Led project teams of up to 40 members to design, develop and implement corporate talent programs.
* Worked closely with HR Business Partners to evaluate and support the needs of the businesses. From May 2005 to June 2012 (7 years 2 months) Management & Leadership Educational Consultant @ * Reported to the Senior Director of Leadership Development; partnered with HR and leadership team to assess, develop and implement organizational effectiveness solutions including strategic planning; training needs assessment; team, culture, and leadership development.
* Oversaw alignment of strategic objectives and goal setting activities, including linking corporate values.
* Facilitated strategic planning, focus groups, needs assessment and organizational change management.
* Assessed internal client needs, developed recommendations for sustainable productivity improvements.
* Designed, developed, and administered training and development programs to improve leadership skills; continuously measured results of implemented solutions; made adjustments to ensure quality outputs. From May 2004 to May 2005 (1 year 1 month) Training Manager @ * Reported to the Vice President; responsible for the advancement of the learning function and team; led human performance initiatives; facilitated employee and leader training programs.
* Liaison to HR Department; ensured all corporate activities were closely aligned and delivered, including employee engagement surveys, performance management process, training and development for all employees, vendor management and assessment service delivery. From August 1997 to May 2004 (6 years 10 months) Training Specialist @ * Reported to the Senior Director of Marketing; responsible for needs analysis, design, development and execution of blended learning and training.
* Defined performance standards for all staff members of the team; executed evaluation methodology.
* Promoted to Training and Development Manager. From January 1994 to August 1997 (3 years 8 months)
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Communication @ Elmhurst CollegeMaster of Science (M.S.), Education & Training Management @ University of St. Francis Cheryl Pienkowski is skilled in: Change Management, Process Improvement, Performance Management, Organizational Design, Succession Planning, Executive Coaching, Employee Engagement, Organizational Development, Talent Management, Management Consulting, Employee Relations, Coaching, Onboarding, Leadership Development, Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension