A Level Maths and Computing AS Level Physics @
Notre Dame Sixth Form College
An experienced Business Analyst looking to build upon current experience within a fast paced organisation. A highly motivated and skilled individual; who works well under pressure whilst delivering detailed output in an effective and timely manner. A well-motivated, energetic individual who possesses good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage stakeholders on all levels within an organisation.
An experienced Business Analyst looking to build upon current experience within a fast paced organisation. A highly motivated and skilled individual; who works well under pressure whilst delivering detailed output in an effective and timely manner. A well-motivated, energetic individual who possesses good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage stakeholders on all levels within an organisation. Dynamic and innovative; possess the skills to be an asset to any project.
• Working as a BA for a global HR programme costing over $365m – integration into SAP HR system and implementation of OCS, Documentum, IVR and new Portal for internal colleagues.
• Supporting Telefonica O2 to gain full permission from the FCA to supply credit agreements.
• Lead Business Analyst for Major Billing replacement programme - Leading a team of 4 BA's, responsible for overall business analysis for project, distribution & co-ordination of workload.
• Worked as the sole BA for the Plusnet TV Programme – Projects included Trials, Network Connectivity, Commercial Launch and BT Sport over Sky.
• Defining toolkit for BA team - Improve work methods & efficiencies. Defining the tools, techniques and processes the BA team follow. Producing templates & guides to build consistency within the team and aligning to the Project Delivery Life Cycle.
• Leading projects to improve efficiencies within the Broadband Provisioning team, removing unnecessary work, automating manual functions and providing new services to successfully reduce the workload by 38%.
Business Analyst @ An organisation that puts the needs of its customers and its people at the heart of every decision it makes. A valued member of the team working on the implementation of the EU Mortgage Credit Directive.
• Perform complex business analysis tasks in support of the research, definition and agreement of business and operational design options that meet the functional and non-functional requirements.
• Support and drive the regulatory interpretation from the impacted business areas to identify gaps to satisfy the regulations.
• Support the maintenance of the traceability to and from design and test to ensure delivery of required solution to meet stakeholder needs.
• Role model the company values are consistently demonstrated and embedded through the way change is managed and delivered.
• Work closely with the Subject Matter Experts of the relevant business areas to support their business change agenda. From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Manchester, United KingdomDirector @ From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Business Analyst @ Working on the O2 Refresh programme. O2 Refresh is the new type of phone contract that is a Fixed Sum Loan Agreement under the Consumer Credit Act.
• Working with the business owner, legal, compliance, credit & risk and impacted voice teams to create new and update existing processes that complies with the FCA rules and meets the regulations of consumer credit sourcebook (CONC).
• Support the project scope definition, define success criteria, and create requirements documents with supporting process models and gain sign off.
• Identify and impact assess existing problems related to unenforceable agreement/contracts (SECCI, Key Information & CCA related problems).
• Help drive the best customer experience within the constraints and align to the O2 core values. From February 2015 to May 2015 (4 months) Business Analyst @ Part of a mission to save Asda’s customers money every day. A trusted member of the Business Engagement team within the Information System Division and had the responsibility for the elicitation and documentation of business requirements within the iterative lifecycle.
• Analysing business processes, assessing feasibility for change and recommending new approaches; contributing to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in a change programme.
• Responsible for eliciting business requirements and specifying effective business processes through improvements in information systems using best practice and lean techniques.
• Applying and monitoring the use of modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives. (UML, BMPN, Basic flows and Storyboards)
• Facilitating scoping and business priority setting for change initiatives; contributing to the most appropriate means of representing business requirements, ensuring traceability back to source. From July 2014 to February 2015 (8 months) Leeds, United KingdomBusiness Analyst @ A fast paced working environment always responsive and adapts quickly to change. Responsible for supporting projects from initial conception through to delivery including - outline requirements, design, build, test and any PIR activities. Liaising with Project Sponsors to assist them with the initial project concepts and then proactively engage all areas of the business in order to specify, agree, document and support the processes/functionalities required to be delivered.
• Creation of Requirements Specification documents for new projects, developed in collaboration with the full consultation across impacted business areas.
• Gathering, analysis and documentation of effective Epics and User Stories using JIRA
• Prioritising user stories in order to deliver the maximum benefit in the minimum amount of time
• Contributing towards sprint planning and managing stakeholders expectations for deliverables
• Validating that the deliverables produced by the project team meet the requirements defined
• Responsible for end-to-end requirements traceability through project and appropriate systems
• Identify dependencies and overlap between any active or planned projects, recommending strategies to secure delivery and minimise negative impact
• Reviewing proposed technical solutions to ensure that all requirements have been captured and any risks identified, signing-off Technical Specifications against the current Requirements Specification From December 2012 to July 2014 (1 year 8 months) Sheffield, United KingdomBusiness Analyst (Innovation & Incubation) @ Working on projects ranging from new opportunities, strategy, operations and IT, evaluating the information gathered through workshops, surveys, interviews, business process descriptions and task analysis to produce the business requirements. Coupled with business intelligence and an understanding of the customer's needs so that they can be transformed into functional and non-functional requirements.
• Contributing towards project risk & scope (RAID register), acting as a consultant for wider programmes or the lead &/or facilitator where delivery contained within my unit.
• Applying project & delivery methodologies through day to day activities within the project work streams (CCD, Prince2, Agile & ITIL)
• Responsible for project management & tracking for projects within my segment. Capturing updates from stakeholders, assigning actions and work streams to persons and groups.
• Leading the testing & process work streams for the Converged Core project ensuring migrations from legacy to new network impacts are understood by the affected areas.
• Understanding the implementation of new technical changes and translating what it means from a systems point of view to customer impact and how to mitigate risk.
• Test planning and resource allocation for BVT, UAT, OVT, PIT and regression testing.
• Leading on process analysis & redesign, using subject matter specialists from targeted areas and transcribing the changes into BRD’s.
• Providing detailed insights for service level management through reporting and analysis From June 2007 to December 2012 (5 years 7 months) Leeds, United KingdomOperations Manager @ Working within a compact operation my role was to build strong customer relationships through developing an effective team and ensuring strong operational performance. Leading and managing a small intimate team of employees to achieve the business targets
• Managing resource and budgets to ensure effective operational performance
• Responsible for training and coaching to new and existing staff
• Communicating to and leading team, to deliver a world class customer experience
• Sales channel optimisation & all marketing and customer promotions From May 2004 to June 2007 (3 years 2 months)
HNC Software Engineering @ Huddersfield University From 2003 to 2006 A Level Maths and Computing AS Level Physics @ Notre Dame Sixth Form College From 2001 to 2003 8 GCSE’s including Maths, Science and English @ St Michael’s Catholic College From 1996 to 2001 Chen Tran is skilled in: Negotiation, Communication, Requirements Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Business Requirements, Project Planning, Project Delivery, Microsoft Office, Visio, microsoft project, Oracle SQL, Remedy, Business Objects, HTML, Java
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension