Most people have a hard time finding a career or a job that they are happy with. As for me however, I always knew that I wanted to work with computers someday. Yet all the material I found on the tech industry as a child pointed towards computer engineer, which quite honestly lacked something for me. As
Most people have a hard time finding a career or a job that they are happy with. As for me however, I always knew that I wanted to work with computers someday. Yet all the material I found on the tech industry as a child pointed towards computer engineer, which quite honestly lacked something for me. As time passed I worked as an office aide, teacher assistant, and a few miscellaneous labor jobs, but it would all soon change. I started my career as a Developer completely by chance, as one night I was browsing the web on StumbleUpon and came across Codeacademy. Curious as I am, I took an intro course on HTML&CSS and fell head over heels for programming. With time I outgrew Codeacademy and was looking for more in-depth learning and found Treehouse. To supplement my education on Treehouse I joined a bootcamp in Chicago, and even though my experience was wonderful and filled with knowledge, it was short lived. Due to the fact that I had to move to Chicago with no financial support and only shelter, I couldn’t make the payments no matter how hard I tried. So I stuck to what I new best, self-teaching and Treehouse, and after only a little over a year, I have completed three tracks (about to finish my fourth), few projects (a simple online game, animations, and an up and coming blog/portfolio page) and the career program. I hope to eventually create projects that will be recognized as my own, and I'd love to be a part of a company or start-up that will continuously push me to reach new levels in my developer career.
Office Aide @ • Managed incoming email communication among staff to promote responses.
• Resolved conflicts with clients by using office communication techniques among staff members.
• Interpreter for Spanish speaking patients to facilitate communication and medical care and to ensure a more comfortable visit.
• Retrieved and re-cataloged patient files to maintain confidentially and increasing organization. From February 2010 to December 2012 (2 years 11 months) Daycare Teacher Assistant @ • Cataloged students’ daily activity and behavior to inform and aid teachers and parents about any progress or difficulty in child development.
• Supervised students to ensure their safety and acted as a mediator to resolve conflicts.
• Initiated math and reading activities (games, puzzles, and group work) to better increase rate of student learning.
• Motivated students to learn and engage in teamwork through weekly soccer matches. From January 2004 to January 2009 (5 years 1 month)
Computer Science and Psychology @ Los Angeles City College From 2011 to 2013 Computer Science @ University of California, Irvine From 2010 to 2011 High School Diploma @ Dr. Olga Mohan High School From 2006 to 2010 Web Design/ Development, Computer Programming @ Team Treehouse/ Codeacademy/ Anyone Can Learn To Code(ALCTC)