Results-driven, entrepreneurial leader and change-agent with C-level executive and consulting background. Collaborates with diverse stakeholders to identify and implement operations best practices driving both top- and bottom-line growth. Consistently builds high-performance teams. Strategic and tactical expertise in sales, finance and procurement including organizational design and management, process and policy definition, governance, continuous improvement, data analysis, contract negotiation,
Results-driven, entrepreneurial leader and change-agent with C-level executive and consulting background. Collaborates with diverse stakeholders to identify and implement operations best practices driving both top- and bottom-line growth. Consistently builds high-performance teams. Strategic and tactical expertise in sales, finance and procurement including organizational design and management, process and policy definition, governance, continuous improvement, data analysis, contract negotiation, strategic account and supplier management. Effectively interfaces with private equity stakeholders, Boards of Directors, C-level executives, operational and functional management.
Specialties: Sourcing and Procurement, Spend Analysis, Contract Negotiation and Management, Governance, Organization Design, Change Management, Continuous Improvement, Competitive Strategy, Web Business Strategy and Operations, Sales and Business Development, Program and Project Management, Supply Chain
Vice President, Global Procurement @ From July 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Waltham, MAHead of Global Strategic Sourcing & Procurement @ • Hired to lead strategic sourcing and procurement transformation for a KKR and Bain Capital-owned medical devices contract manufacturer with $531M in revenue and ~$230M in sourceable spend. Manufacturing operations span 17 sites in 5 countries including the US, Mexico, Ireland, Germany and Malaysia. Reported directly to the CFO. From January 2012 to June 2013 (1 year 6 months) Greater Boston AreaVice President, Chief Procurement Officer @ • Established and managed sourcing and procurement function for $1.5B technology services division owned by a consortium of seven private equity companies including TPG, Goldman Sachs, KKR, Blackstone, Bain, SilverLake and Providence Equity Partners.
• Drove $20M in bottom-line savings in the first 8-months of the program, $43.8M in the second year with 60% of spend under management ($335M). At corporate CEO’s direction, leveraged the success of the Availability Services Procurement Initiative to extend the program to a $3.1B business unit. Produced $143M in combined validated savings in the first three-years of the program.
• Built and refined team of 23 FTEs (including Network Finance) using existing buyers and external talent. Trained team in a seven-step sourcing process and kicked-off proof-of-concept sourcing waves to drive self-funding quick-wins.
• Instituted peer ranking system. Quantitative metrics included savings and supply base reduction metrics. Qualitative metrics measured development of category management capabilities including needs definition, category strategy development, supplier selection and negotiation, purchase-to-pay process, supplier management and contract administration, and supplier performance evaluation.
• Developed Procurement Finance capability to validate savings ensuring all reported savings were real and auditable.
• Implemented Oracle Purchasing to manage transactional workflow, enhance company-wide spend visibility and reporting
• Initiated quarterly Sourcing Council meetings to ensure alignment with business goals, enable governance by executive sponsors, and shift the perception of procurement’s value proposition from transactional to strategic.
• Created, distributed and enforced Procurement, Travel and Entertainment, and Signature Authorization policies.
• Initiated/led multiple cross-functional efforts to resolve upstream/ downstream operational capability gaps. From 2008 to 2011 (3 years) Greater Philadelphia AreaManager @ Sample Projects:
Led procurement projects for Fortune 500 companies addressing up to $1.2B in annual spend. Managed 3-5 member teams to identify requirements, assess savings, and direct RFP creation and evaluation. Secured reductions up to 40% of spend for 700% return on fees.
***Contract Negotiation and Management***
Negotiated $3M software agreement for an outsource services provider, securing increases in baseline functionality and vendor support with negligible cost increase.
***Supply Chain and Logistics***
Synthesized commercial best practices for a defense contractor to develop a logistics concept of operations for a new class of Navy ship. Innovative operational and contracting mechanisms helped client win $386M naval contract and identify adjacent line of business.
Defined clustering strategy and maturity model for the State of Maryland to attract high-growth manufacturing companies into geographically related business networks. From 2006 to 2008 (2 years) San Francisco Bay AreaAssociate @ From 2003 to 2005 (2 years) San Francisco Bay AreaManager @ ***Member Engagement Manager***
Developed and refined customer-facing value creation reports detailing investment and ROI. Customer surveys indicated strong positive shift in perception of professional service delivery.
***Member Development Manager***
International Sales and Marketing
Managed sales relationships with prospective accounts in EU and UK. Assisted in closing firm’s first non-retail member.
Owned two global manufacturing relationships. Managed account planning and sales achieving 100% membership renewal. From 2001 to 2003 (2 years) Washington D.C. Metro AreaConsultant @ Sample Projects:
Defined functional requirements for development of a procurement tool for the County of San Diego, CA. Led interviews and produced documentation for design team, including back-end interfaces with Oracle Financials.
***Web Business Strategy and Operations***
Managed planning, development, launch and operation of a B2C portal for a defense contractor’s marine division. Co-authored site development methodology featured in The New York Times.
Developed and championed internal business plan and financial models advocating an equity position in select strategic, high-growth clients in lieu of professional service fees. Decision to implement precluded by 2001 market downturn.
2000 CSC Excellence Award for outstanding delivery service (Boston Business Unit) From 1999 to 2001 (2 years) Boston/ San FranciscoAnalyst @ From 1998 to 1999 (1 year) Boston/ San Francisco
MBA, Finance, Management @ University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton SchoolBachelor's Degree, International Relations @ Dartmouth CollegeHigh School @ The Shipley School Chad Trexler is skilled in: Supply Chain, Spend Analysis, Change Management, Program Management, Business Strategy, Organizational Design, Governance, Continuous Improvement, Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Cross-functional Team..., Acquisition Integration, Supply Chain Management, Vendor Management, Management Consulting, Outsourcing, Business Process..., Global Sourcing, Strategy, Sourcing, Product Lifecycle..., Process Improvement, Business Process, Operations Management, Management, Supply Management, Leadership, Strategic Partnerships, Business Development, Contract Negotiation, Strategic Planning, Business Planning, Contract Management, Project Planning, Executive Management, Mergers & Acquisitions, Logistics, Consulting, Negotiation, Six Sigma, Entrepreneurship, Manufacturing, Forecasting, Operational Excellence, P&L Management, ERP, Financial Modeling, Awesomeness
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension