Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Law @
University of Notthingham
Forward looking, confident B2B SaaS marketing professional who won a seat at the table to help grow not just the brand but the business. Practical experience gained from tech start-ups to S&P500. Proven ability to transform a fast growing SaaS marketing organization and lead it to full productivity as a high lead velocity machine, sourcing > 97%
Forward looking, confident B2B SaaS marketing professional who won a seat at the table to help grow not just the brand but the business. Practical experience gained from tech start-ups to S&P500. Proven ability to transform a fast growing SaaS marketing organization and lead it to full productivity as a high lead velocity machine, sourcing > 97% sales pipe MoM, impacting 20% growth in Quality Lead Velocity QoQ and contributing to 20+ consecutive months of hitting ARR and bookings goals at 20% growth MoM.
Strong track record in creating functional alignment with Sales, SalesOps/ BizOps and Product to drive demand gen success. Proven record in launching innovative, results-driven, digital and field strategies that introduce Sales leadership to prospect accounts at the highest levels.
Repeatable successes in assembling and focusing 21st century marketing teams on: acquisition/ demand generation, automation, content strategy and product marketing.
Certified in Pragmatic Marketing. Advanced knowledge of Sirius Decision demand funnel. Fluency in automation with success in deploying Marketo w 100% sync to Salesforce.com within six months (and became finalist in Marketo's 2015 Revvies Awards).
Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Recognized for strong vision, directness, high impact and high creativity applied to innovative problem solving.
Global mindset. Proficient in Cantonese, Chinese, Malay and Spanish.
A "hands-on, think big, start small, not afraid of the new, with eyes on the ball" kind of revenue-driven, performance marketer.
- 2015 Marketo 2015 Revvies Award - Finalist, SMB (Grovo)
- 2014 Content2Conversion Killer Content Awards - Best Influencer Content (LivePerson)
- 2009 Marketing Experiment ME52 - Featured Contributor on the State of B2B Marketing
Also, a certified vinyasa-based yoga instructor.
Advisory + Smart Marketing Strategies for Scalable Growth @ Delivery of advisory, strategic planning and full execution to early and mid-stage SaaS startup clients looking to scale their growth and see where marketing dollars make an impact.
Strong experience in building, leading and mentoring cross-functional teams across:
1) demand generation / automation
2) product marketing
4) digital marketing
5) field, and
Industry experiences include information security, marketing and advertising, e-learning, professional services, Enterprise, and small businesses. From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Senior Director of Marketing- Demand Generation, Automation, Digital Marketing and Content @ Smartling uses technology to transform the way content is created and consumed around the world. Smartling’s Global Fluency Platform helps brands access new markets, more customers and greater value.
The Global Fluency Platform enables ambitious brands to achieve a more dominant global position. Smartling enables brands such as British Airways, InterContinental Hotels Group, Uber, AdRoll, Shinola, Spotify, Pinterest, Hasbro and Survey Monkey to provide truly native brand experiences.
In my role, I integrate brand with demand to build a consistent, predictable, and scalable pipe for Sales and Marketing. I also built from scratch and oversee content, automation and demand generation teams, while ensuring planning, execution and measurement are aligned to wider business objectives. From June 2015 to November 2015 (6 months) Director of Demand Generation and Digital Marketing @ Grovo is a micro-training platform that uses 60-second videos to help large corporations teach employees new skills. Founded in 2010, Grovo has raised venture financing from Accel Partners, Greg Waldorf, Costanoa Venture Capital, SoftTechVC, Lerer Ventures and Red Swan Ventures.
I re-focused marketing, driving vision and execution on advanced B2B marketing strategies that contributed 100% pipe MoM for 10 months (and > 97% MoM thereafter), and drove Grovo's 20% growth MoM for 20+ months (approx. 800% annualized growth) and 1000%+ ARR growth YoY from 2014-2015:
- Transformed and led fast growing SaaS marketing org to full productivity in six months as a high lead velocity machine sourcing > 97% sales pipe MoM
- Directed team of 10+ marketers on full-funnel acquisition + nurture strategies and strict execution processes across inbound and outbound, growing Quality Lead Velocity 20% QoQ for 3+ quarters, resulting in $57M+ pipe generated across MidMarket and ENT in 1+ year.
- Setup, hired and trained Grovo's content marketing and marketing operations functions, aligning them with Product, Sales Ops and BizOps, scaling demand gen impact across the entire funnel for both MidMarket and ENT and contributing to Grovo's first-ever $1M sales month with $1.055M in TCV by month 20th.
- Collaborated with Engineering, Product, Sales and SalesOps/BizOps to re-deploy Marketo with 100% sync to SFDC, repositioning it as a critical artery for > 97% of leads ending up in Sales' pipes.
- Finalist in Marketo's 2015 Revvies Awards. From June 2014 to May 2015 (1 year) Director of Demand Generation, NA @ LivePerson leads digital engagement with a cloud-based 'intelligent' platform that enables businesses to proactively connect in real-time with their customers via chat, voice, and content at the right time and through the right channel, including websites, social media, and mobile.
I owned acquisition and nurture strategies with 4 direct reports for NA Mid-Market and Enterprise.
• Set up and implemented acquisition, demand gen and nurture that contributed 30% annual ENT pipe and 50% annual MM pipe
• Actively reviewed new demand gen techniques and technology to support development and execution of customer engagement strategies across all channels and touchpoints
• Hands-on evaluation and execution of digital and offline programs to reach, educate, acquire, nurture and create opportunities for Sales in prospect accounts at the highest levels
• Collaborated with Business Systems, Sales Operations and Finance to obsessively measure marketing technology investments (automation, CRM, content technology, web analytics) to support management, tracking and reporting of marketing and business metrics
• Worked closely with Sales and Sales Development to close loop on lead quality, improve lead sourcing and scoring, and refined end-to-end lead management processes to support tracking metrics.
• Set up and managed processes for database architecture, management and growth, including integration with SFDC.
• Accountable for annual budgets (over $1M per half year), goals and plans, ensuring alignment to pipeline funnels
• Handpicked, grew and focused a tightly-knit team of marketers to drive demand, create content, implement operational best practices, while remaining data driven all the way From April 2012 to June 2014 (2 years 3 months) Director, Online Marketing - Demand Generation @ Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) is the global marketplace for expertise. Since 1998, its technology-enabled platform for collaboration and consultation has helped the world's leading institutions find, engage, and manage experts across a broad range of industries and disciplines.
• Owned entire digital acquisition strategy including partnerships and sponsorships, SEO/SEM/PPC, email marketing, social media and webcasts to help leads find the brand, and convert leads into high quality opportunities for Sales.
• Trained and instilled best practices on lead acquisition disciplines including lead scoring, lead nurturing, content marketing, ROI tracking and pipeline conversions across Sales, Inside Sales, and the wider Marketing team.
• Led development and implementation of Eloqua and SFDC for Demand Generation team.
• Pursued Eloqua 10 accreditation: Eloqua Master and Revenue Lifecycle Master. From June 2011 to March 2012 (10 months) SaaS Senior Marketing Manager, US Small and Mid-markets @ Highly metrics-driven role with full responsibility for demand generation, planning/ execution, analysis and reporting to drive over $1M ARR for Symantec's SaaS security.
• Generated $1.1M ARR in new business in FY10, raising marketing contribution to 74% of total ARR within 7 months by FY10/H2.
• Increased AOV of new deals by 50% in FY10/H2.
• Significantly improved Opportunities conversion by 10% and Deals conversion by 15% in a high volume business in FY10 / H2.
• Strategy and Planning: owned quarterly demand gen strategy, planning, forecasting and budgeting for US MidMarkets.
• Campaign development: developed campaigns leveraging Sales feedback and analyst research (Forrester, Gartner, etc) and drove 100s of MQLs per month. Owned end to end planning and execution, on-going optimization and ROI reporting.
• Pipeline acceleration: developed nurture programs to accelerate lead movement through sales pipeline. Drove 200 opps and 40 deals per month into pipeline.
• Database Marketing: created meaningful segmentation for greater campaign efficiency and effectiveness. Effectively cleansed, grew and optimized database of 60K prospects.
• Budgeting: owned quarterly budget (up to $250K) to develop and implement media strategy and lead gen programs including webcast, email optimization, SEO, direct mail, content syndication, social media, appointment setting, sponsorships and roadshows.
• Conducted analysis to identify improvements in lead conversion, lead routing and nurturing. Measured impact and ROI on pipeline and revenue.
• Pipeline reporting and analysis: tracked flow of leads through pipeline. Worked with Sales to ensure follow-up and closed loop reporting. Reported impact/ROI of lead generation programs from cold nurtured inquiries to closed opportunities.
• Owned agency relations, including budgeting, scope of work and contract negotiations.
Also, featured contributor on Marketing Experiment 52. From 2009 to June 2011 (2 years) Marketing Communications Manager @ Led communications strategy including branding, awareness and PR, demand generation and partner marketing with Microsoft, Intel and HP for IMSL Numerical Libraries.
• Spearheaded global marketing partnership with Microsoft High Performance Computing, leading integrated demand generation programs
• Shifted marketing strategy from ‘offline’ to ‘online’, lifting inbound leads and reducing overall marketing costs vs. Prior Year.
• Initiated, and collaborating with Sales, developed and implemented first effective lead scoring model. Trained Internal Sales on leads management best practices, collaborated to enhance qualification, significantly improving alignment between Sales and Marketing.
• Devised and implemented lead nurturing to lift conversions and marketing contribution to $15M per year.
• Devised and implemented social media strategy, lifting organic search positioning to top of page. Increased product reviews, featured podcasts and inclusion of brand in Gartner and other analyst reports.
• Managed, from conception to launch, re-branding and optimization of website and email marketing to improve web traffic and lift inbound conversions.
• Managed quarterly marketing budget ($80K) – developed and implemented lead generation and awareness campaigns through media and field marketing.
• Collaborated with Product Marketing on global launch strategy for new products. Created and implemented positioning activities through offline, online and partner activities.
• Directed planning for 20+ regional and international tradeshows. Oversaw strategy, messaging, training, logistics and budgets. Led teams of 5-15 to successful tradeshow presence regionally and internationally.
• Drove collaboration between Americas and other regional marketing groups to share and incorporate demand generation best practices, branding, awareness and PR. From March 2007 to May 2009 (2 years 3 months) Houston, Texas AreaStrategic Initiatives Manager @ •Represented Simdesk in Greater Houston Partnership Technology Infrastructure Committee. Successfully contributed to “Imagine.Houston” White Paper, proposing city-wide wi-fi in downtown Houston.
•Led online marketing strategy in Intel Digital Communities partner program, driving significant awareness and global demand generation.
•Researched and analyzed competitive landscape, pains and pricing models. Shared findings to enable informed decision making on go-to-market strategy.
•Refined and restructured communication process to deliver Strategic Initiatives, leading to re-architecture of the Intranet which increased awareness, communication and cross collaboration across organization.
•Oversaw PR including Codie Awards (Finalist), analyst relations (Gartner, Forrester, Yankee Group) and media briefings. Increased inclusion of Simdesk in published reports.
•Full accountability for online marketing- managed microsites for reseller programs, including product demos and online enrollment capabilities; expanded web presence to better support inbound lead generation.
•Worked with Sales to conceptualize and develop web based sales tools, resulting in easier access to critical information in the field by Sales and Partners. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Houston, Texas AreaAssociate Tax Consultant (Corporate Tax) @ Tax consulting - articled in the Entrepreneurial Services Group.
Passed Institute of Chartered Accountancy of England and Wales' Stage 1 papers - Financial Decisions, Financial Accounting, Marketing Management From September 1999 to August 2000 (1 year) London, United Kingdom
Postgraduate Bar Professional Training Course, Barrister-at-Law @ BPP Law School From 1997 to 1999 Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Law, Second Class Upper @ University of Notthingham Caryne Say is skilled in: Lead Generation, Online Marketing, Email Marketing, SaaS, Demand Generation, Strategy, CRM, Strategic Partnerships, SEO, Team Building, B2B, Marketing Communications, Digital Marketing, B2B Marketing, Marketing Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension