Director of Product Management, Data Science @ From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) CTO @ - Lead the technical efforts for Datasong, a start-up focused on big-data marketing attribution. Its patent-pending methodology can be used to understand what the spend in each marketing channel contributes to sales. The methodology uses customer-level data from all
Director of Product Management, Data Science @ From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) CTO @ - Lead the technical efforts for Datasong, a start-up focused on big-data marketing attribution. Its patent-pending methodology can be used to understand what the spend in each marketing channel contributes to sales. The methodology uses customer-level data from all marketing channels: search (branded, non-branded, natural), display ads, affiliate, catalog/mailers, TV, and email to analyze what drove both online (internet, mobile) and offline orders (stores, call center). This effort allows marketers to see the incremental impact of a single marketing treatment when multiple treatments are applied.
- Manage the Engineering and Operations teams utilizing Hadoop, both hosted and cloud infrastructure, along with a variety of open source and paid tools and applications (Hadoop [Mapr], Cascading, Puppet, Nagios, Jenkins, Cacti, Revolution Analytics, Ganglia, Tableau, Joomla, Mercurial, Jira/Confluence) From April 2011 to March 2014 (3 years) VP Product Management & Technical Operations @ - Lead the global product management and production IT teams in addition to overseeing the company’s data centers.
- Oversee a team of four product managers, responsible for creating and managing the product roadmap and backlog. Direct the build out of a real time ad bidding platform with integration to Google Adx, along with incorporation of various products from the acquisition of two companies, and a variety of features and functions to augment the company’s audience targeting platform.
- Guide all aspects of the company’s production IT services, including the management of three U.S. and two European data centers and 450+ servers. Coordinate priorities for a team of 5 in Bellevue and five in Hamburg in order to accomplish strategic goals.
- Direct all aspects of the company’s off shore Indian operations. Manage a team of 25 in Pune to ensure effective execution of day-to-day responsibilities, including its 24/7 IT support team. From August 2010 to April 2011 (9 months) VP Technology @ - Led a variety of teams and technical aspects of AudienceScience's technology platform including program management, quality assurance, data center operations, corporate IT, and 24/7 off-shore operations.
- Redesigned and expanded the data centers responsible for delivering the company products and services. Includes such technologies as f5, Cisco, 3Par, Netapp, Extreme Networks, Internap, TopLayer, Dell, HP, Dynect, and VMWare. Tripled capacity while reducing costs by nearly 30% and server count 50%.
- Oversaw an infrastructure of 325+ servers that provide services ranging from handling 2.5 billion hits per day, a Hadoop cluster, MySQL and MS SQL server databases, and a variety of custom Java based applications utilizing Tomcat. All servers all monitored utilizing a variety of tools including Cacti, Nagios, Splunk, Keynote and Webmetrics.
- Migrated the corporate IT infrastructure to Exchange 2007, Office 2010, and Windows 7. Replaced VOIP phones with a Verizon hosted solution. Deployed a virtual production sandbox using Dell blade servers and VMware for engineering.
- Established the company's off-shore 24/7 office in Pune, India which included transition from two outsourced Indian providers and staffing to more than 25 people.
- Collaborated with a team of three to incorporate Selenium and Watij into the QA cycle in order to automate testing of various in house built applications. From December 2008 to August 2010 (1 year 9 months) Director of Product Development @ - Developed the technical product aspects of AudienceScience’s behavioral targeting products, including the direct to publisher and network advertising platforms.
- Directly accountable for a team of twelve including two project managers, five quality assurance engineers, and fiveoff-shore developers.
- Managed the complete product lifecycle including the product roadmap, product design and development utilizing a scrum model with a team of 12 developers, and operation of the product on a server farm of 150+ machines.
- Major projects include performance tuning the network advertising platform to handle 500 million ad views a day on Java 1.5 and Tomcat 5.5, MySQL performance tuning for report processing, and text ad targeting tools including geo, contextual, advertiser retargeting, and behavioral categorization. From May 2005 to December 2007 (2 years 8 months) Senior Account Manager @ - Managed $1.5 million in annual revenue for major accounts utilizing AudienceScience’s audience targeting and web analytics platform. Clients included American Express, Ford, Daimler Chrysler, Microsoft, Nordstrom, CDW, Getty Images, Starbucks, and AT&T Wireless.
- Handled all aspects of the client relationship including negotiating contract terms and renewals, up-sells and new business opportunities, project management of the service, training of end users, and strategic utilization of the information to enhance the client’s business operations. From May 2003 to May 2005 (2 years 1 month) Project Manager @ Mazda USA
- Project manager responsible for creating the 2002-2003 interactive marketing strategy and managing a team of 5 business consultants in gathering, creating, implementing, and QA’ing of business requirements, wire frames and site flow diagrams for the redesign of the web site, which included IBM Web Sphere, E.Piphany, Interwoven and custom automotive applications (www.mazdausa.com)
DuPont Titanium Technologies
- Constructed the business case and requirements for a content management solution for the site utilizing Interwoven, which included a cost analysis and design of workflows, templates, and publication/deployment procedures (titanium.dupont.com)
- Business lead for DuPont Teflon’s Internet and Extranet project responsible for the project schedule and leading the team in developing, prioritizing and communicating the business requirements for Teflon.com in a Sun iPlanet environment including Interwoven content management, Inktomi search, and Key Lime web metrics (www.teflon.com)
- Developed the business requirements and wire frames necessary to support the Timberland.com eCommerce site on a BroadVision platform, which included content management, catalog management, commerce transactions, and web/retail metrics (www.timberland.com)
- Developed the business requirements for a customer care system, designed to aid users in obtaining self help, catalog and track issues, and effectively communicate with the help desk via online tools From May 2000 to May 2003 (3 years 1 month) MBA Intern @ - Integrated multiple PKI security platforms for a road show demonstrating KPMG’s solution offerings that included Verisign, RSA, Baltimore Technologies, Entrust, SAP and PeopleSoft applications
- Assisted in conducting security penetrations on client’s internet, intranet, and extranet networks From September 1999 to May 2000 (9 months) Founder / Co-Owner @ - Designed an interactive museum, dedicated to fight racism, that incorporated HTML, e-commerce, 3D-Studio, Java, Flash, and streaming video/audio for the World Against Racism Foundation (www.endracism.org)
- Created the PPH Cure Foundation’s web site to disseminate information about Pulmonary Hypertension (www.pphcure.org) From October 1997 to April 2000 (2 years 7 months) MBA Intern @ - Developed business requirements for an e-commerce application on Intel's supplier web site (supplier.intel.com)
- Coded a dynamic Internet application using MS IIS and SQL Server 6.5 which allows Intel component vendors to upload technical data and Intel engineers to approve information, track revisions, and eliminate data redundancy From May 1999 to August 1999 (4 months) Systems Engineer @ - Developed technical and business requirements for a broadband wireless telecommunications company
- Designed specifications for a thermal management system, regenerative fuel cell system, and composite structural materials From December 1996 to September 1998 (1 year 10 months)
MBA, Business @ The George Washington University - School of Business From 1998 to 2000 BS, Mechanical Engineering @ University of Maryland From 1992 to 1996 Worcester Preparatory School From 1988 to 1992 Brandon Mason is skilled in: Web Analytics, Online Advertising, Web Development, Project Management, Account Management, Networking, Servers, SAN, Load Balancing, SaaS, Analytics, E-commerce, Java, Business Intelligence, Web Applications
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension