Foundations of Directorship @
Australian Institute of Company Directors
Australian digital media and advertising experience spanning 15 years. Digital industry pioneer with a focus on creating and building successful media businesses. A successful and motivated leader capable of developing long term client relationships and offering career development for staff. Passionate about digital media, and how technology and creativity can be blended to create new and profitable
Australian digital media and advertising experience spanning 15 years. Digital industry pioneer with a focus on creating and building successful media businesses. A successful and motivated leader capable of developing long term client relationships and offering career development for staff. Passionate about digital media, and how technology and creativity can be blended to create new and profitable revenue streams.
Managing Director, Australia and NZ @ From 2014 to Present (1 year) Sydney, AustraliaDirector @ Edge Digital Media provides commercial, investment and consultancy services for high growth and start up digital businesses wanting to grow revenue and improve their digital business strategy. Key projects include:
- Conversant Media/The Roar: Sales Training, Sales Structure and Incentive Planning, Board Advisor
- Effective Measure - Managing Director contract
- Babyology From 2012 to Present (3 years) General Manager, Australia & NZ @ From 2013 to 2014 (1 year) Sydney, AustraliaCo-Founder and Sales & Marketing Director @ Allure Media publishes 7 different websites across consumer technology and women’s lifestyle. This is a business that I helped launch in 2007, which grew audience from 2,000 to 2 million Australian’s monthly. Allure publishes one of Australia’s leading consumer technology sites, Gizmodo (www.gizmodo.com.au), and Australia’s fastest growing women’s lifestyle networks, the Sugar Network (www.popsugar.com.au).
- Creating the commercial and operations side of this business from the ground up
- Key member of the Allure Management team, responsible for ongoing business strategy and direction.
- P&L responsibility for commercial side of the business. Yearly budgeting and revenue forecasting
- Ratecard and yield management
- Planned, built and managed an agency focussed media sales team selling across both consumer tech and women’s lifestyle, and an operations team providing support across the business.
- Total team size: 10, with 6 direct reports.
- Sales team incentive and remuneration
- Created and managed consistent sales collateral
- Built and managed a communication pipeline to ensure sales team had ongoing reasons to ‘go to market’ and engage with clients
- Built a strategic sales structure to ensure each sales rep understood their territory, priority clients, had a plan for each territory, and used their time efficiently.
- Created and managed staff development and career progression plans
- Identify market opportunities and build a plan to capture and grow revenue across the team
- Launch of the Allure Media business to market, and positioning each media property as a premium content environment suitable for brand based campaigns generating a high yield for Allure
- 100% staff retention throughout the last 18 months in the role
Key Market Relationships:
- Group M
- Universal McCann From February 2007 to June 2012 (5 years 5 months) Group Sales Manager @ I worked at Yahoo! before and throughout the transition from Y! Australia & NZ to it joining with Network 7 to create Yahoo!7. Prior to joining with Network 7, Yahoo! was a lesser known digital media property (what you would call a ‘challenger’ business), requiring a strategic and proactive approach to ensure sales success
- Built and managed the largest billing sales team at Yahoo! with a strong emphasis on the Technology and Telco categories
- Built, owned and managed Yahoo!’s most profitable media agency relationships
- Consistently the highest performing sales rep across the Yahoo! Australia business
- Repaired the relationship with both emitch and Optimedia, and turned these agencies into Yahoo!’s most profitable agency relationships within 12 months of moving on to account manage each
- Built and managed the highest performing media sales team at Yahoo! responsible for 60% of Yahoo! Australia media revenue
- Successfully sold and managed the first ever frontpage takeover and integration at Yahoo!7 in 2006 to Telstra. From January 2006 to January 2007 (1 year 1 month) Senior Account Manager @ From August 2001 to January 2006 (4 years 6 months) Recruitment Consultant @ - Established a team within Robert Walters tasked with building sales and marketing teams for startup dotcom businesses through the UK and Europe From August 1999 to July 2001 (2 years)
Sydney Grammar School From 1986 to 1991 Ben Sharp is skilled in: Strategic Sales, Sales, Sales Management, Sales Operations, Business Strategy, New Business Development, Business Development, Team Leadership, Leadership Development, Thought Leadership, Sales Presentations, Presentation Development, Client Presentation, Digital Media, Social Media Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension