Study Abroad Scholarship from University of Cologne @
Ben is a full stack software engineer with a deep understanding of technology and business requirements. He has proven experience in both agile and iterative environments, working in challenging and changing workplaces, and has contributed to several Open Source projects. He holds a Bachelors degree in Information Systems and has over ten years of programming experience, from
Senior Software Engineer @ - Play an integral role in all phases of a client projects (Strategy, Definition, Design, Engineering, QA)
- Develop and build efficient and scalable solutions for our clients that reflect software engineering best practices
- Investigate new technologies in order to provide the most sound and highest quality solutions to engineering challenges.
- Help develop internal project concepts and contribute to their development
- Contribute to Open Source projects From October 2015 to Present (3 months) CEO/CTO @ - Designed, architected & managed a team of developers to build the website, android & iOS app for a Munich based food startup called Foodlr.
- Build the website Playlisthunt.com where people can share their Apple Music & Spotify playlists.
- Ben has created multiple native iOS, Android & web apps, as well as hybrid apps, with one of them becoming the most popular paid Eurovision Song Contest iOS app. From July 2014 to September 2015 (1 year 3 months) Senior Analyst, Software Engineering @ Worked at several internal and customer facing consulting software development projects delivering high quality development services. From April 2011 to April 2014 (3 years 1 month) Lead Software Engineer @ Development of a flexible and customizable intelligence tool that measures several KPI's within the banks credit risk assessment system. Ben started in the project team as a backend developer. After several months of delays, Ben took over the project leadership and the team was able to finish the project successfully and deliver it to the client within the required time. He was invited to a workshop at the banks headquarters in Italy to demonstrate and share knowledge about the new tool. From September 2012 to December 2013 (1 year 4 months) Software Engineer @ Ben was part of the application support team, which is responsible for the workshop systems of all automotive brands. As Incident Manager, Ben was responsible for the availability and correct functionality of the applications, as well as providing management information. As change manager, he reviewed the implementation of changes to systems and configuration items during the whole service lifecycle.
In addition, Ben developed an automation tool to help the offshore team to monitor the system availability. He spent five weeks in India to connect to the local team, share knowledge and rollout new monitoring tools. From June 2011 to August 2012 (1 year 3 months) Student Assistant @ Development of a web app in PHP that provided marketing intelligence based on customer surveys. In addition Ben maintained the departments websites, acquired and administrated the hard- and software and supported customers with standard software. From February 2010 to March 2011 (1 year 2 months) Intern @ Ben worked as an intern for world's largest logistics company focusing on testing of the DHL Returns Portal and the development of a query tool for track and trace quality monitoring of parcels in Visual Basic & Excel. He planned and implemented the physical tests for the newly developed European DHL parcel returns solution. From July 2010 to October 2010 (4 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension