Senior Associate, Business Development @ S&P Capital IQ
Associate, Business Development @ S&P Capital IQ
Contractor @ Pacific Strategy Partners
In my career in the financial services industry I’ve always been passionate about building strong relationships and assisting my clients and colleagues create unique solutions. I’m fortunate to have worked alongside incredibly talented colleagues, mentors and clients at companies such as 300 North Capital, Stifel Nicolas & Co. and S&P Capital IQ which developed my passion for
In my career in the financial services industry I’ve always been passionate about building strong relationships and assisting my clients and colleagues create unique solutions. I’m fortunate to have worked alongside incredibly talented colleagues, mentors and clients at companies such as 300 North Capital, Stifel Nicolas & Co. and S&P Capital IQ which developed my passion for the financial markets.
My passion for the financial markets, technology and building relationships has led me to S&P Capital IQ, which is a provider of global research, data and analytics tools. Our clients range from small start-ups to the largest global corporations. Our goal and vision is to enhance the way our clients do business by helping them leverage their already effective processes with quality S&P Capital IQ data, research and analytics tools to drive productivity in their workflows.
My team consults daily with treasury, counterparty risk, corporate development and transfer pricing teams at domestic and locally operating corporations. My role is to help our clients leverage the power of our unparalleled and unique data, research and analytics tools to facilitate better decision making outcomes, and better business and personal performance as a result.
Please contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions or would like to learn how our clients are using S&P Capital IQ.
Senior Associate, Business Development @ There are a myriad of analytics and data options available in the market place and Australian companies have historically had to rely on multiple solutions to meet their data requirements. Our clients have realised that the integrity and cleanliness of financial and market data, credit scoring models and consistency across different products and platforms are essential components of their day-to-day workflow and businesses.
As a relationship manager at S&P Capital IQ, I work with our corporate, accounting, academic, government, consulting, equity research and legal clients to help them better understand the markets, streamline their workflow, and improve productivity through our desktop and excel solutions. Originally a Find Buyers tool for M&A bankers, S&P Capital IQ has largely evolved over the last 15 years to service niche areas such as transfer pricing, legal and executive search teams. We have clients using S&P Capital IQ in Commercial Banking, Insurance, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Investment Banking, Accounting, Consulting, Investment Management, Law, and Academia, among other areas. From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) Sydney, AustraliaAssociate, Business Development @ Within the business development team at S&P Capital IQ, I worked with our Investment Banking, Consulting, Accounting and Legal clients providing desktop solutions. I predominantly met with our clients to better understand their businesses and workflows to provide training on how to use the S&P Capital IQ desktop and excel platform in their roles. As an account manager I also worked closely with our desktop users to help diagnose and solve complicated workflow and data requirement problems using S&P Capital IQ.
S&P Capital IQ can help drive efficiency, productivity and unlock value through unparalleled financial intelligence and analytics tools. It is also about understanding our clients’ demand for products and solutions that haven’t been developed yet, and working with our Product & Content team to develop and release these solutions to the market in a timely fashion. From July 2012 to March 2014 (1 year 9 months) Sydney, AustraliaContractor @ • Supported a consulting team in conducting due diligence across the healthcare industry in Australia to grasp a better sense of supply and demand dynamics in specific healthcare markets.
• Conducted channel checks and phone interviews with roughly 70% success rates across 100+ providers in Australia.
• Performed desktop research examining healthcare industry growth, penetration of specific services and industry supply. From 2012 to 2012 (less than a year) Sydney, AustraliaEquity Research Associate @ At Stifel Nicolas & Co., I supported a senior equity research analyst covering the Healthcare Information Technology and Pharmaceutical Services sectors. Coverage included ABC, ATHN, CAH, CERN, CPSI, CVS, ESRX, MCK, MDAS, MDRX, MHS, OMCL, QSII, SXCI and WAG:
• Built and maintained financial models, including forecasting and analyzing income statements and DCF valuation models.
• Created and edited extensive earnings recap notes, as well as reports pertaining to company specific and industry news, upcoming catalysts, and investor day events.
• Co-authored the initiation of coverage reports for Catalyst Health Solutions Inc., (CHSI), Computer Programs and Systems Inc., (CPSI), and White Paper titled: The Transition to ICD-10, The Trifecta of Healthcare Regulation.
• Built ad hoc models for clients, comparing and analyzing companies’ financial metrics within our stock coverage.
• Organized channel check and due diligence meetings between research colleagues and industry experts.
• Communicated stock recommendations with institutional clients and sales & trading.
• Created and updated marketing materials and presentations. From September 2010 to November 2011 (1 year 3 months) Greater New York City AreaEquity Research Assistant (Intern) @ • Prepared internal earnings recap notes for consumer and technology holdings.
• Generated company tear sheets and presentation materials for research analysts.
• Met with sell-side research analysts to gather information on companies and industries for current and prospective holdings.
• Created an xls-based market timing tool using 14-day stochastic for the S&P 500 index and a tool to identify possible equity short selling opportunities for the Russell 1000 index, given certain relative strength and percentile criteria. From January 2010 to April 2010 (4 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaWealth Management Assistant (Intern) @ From June 2007 to August 2007 (3 months) Wealth Management Assistant (Intern) @ From June 2006 to August 2006 (3 months)
B.A., Economics, Spanish @ University of Vermont From 2006 to 2009 Beau Davenport is skilled in: Wealth Management, Research, Investment Management, Investments, Due Diligence, Alternative Investments, Capital IQ, Capital Markets, Trading, Valuation, Equity Research, Financial Modeling, Bloomberg, Series 7, Hedge Funds
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension