Self-motivated individual who is very determined, dedicated and eager to learn, who is always expanding his current I.T knowledge. A hard worker and will face any problem or challenge head on in order to resolve and learn from it. Possesses excellent leadership, teamwork and IT skills, can also work on his own initiative. Well presented, has good
Self-motivated individual who is very determined, dedicated and eager to learn, who is always expanding his current I.T knowledge. A hard worker and will face any problem or challenge head on in order to resolve and learn from it. Possesses excellent leadership, teamwork and IT skills, can also work on his own initiative. Well presented, has good communication, analytical skills, is logical, and able to work under pressure.
Senior IT Developer @ • Integrate Elastic Search NOSQL Document Database through a WebAPI into our Global Auction Platform, to enable the high volume/transaction web application to provided extended search capabilities and scored results that are fast and efficient with no dependency on the SQL database.
• Create a highly scalable, multi-threaded and batched data loader to populate various NOSQL databases (AWS DynomoDB, Redis, Elastic Search).
• Create a secure API for 3rd party systems to access our central payment and transaction system. Using OAuth2 token based authentication allowing our customers access to manage and take payments. Created using WebApi2 which is further customised using OWIN and Katana, with full living documentation specification using Swagger UI.
• Optimisation of the current Entity Framework/Dapper repository layers to ensure that queries are preforming efficiently.
• Create and maintain Amazon SQS/ MSMQ message queuing systems to allow messages to be sent from satellite systems and other micro services which are handled from scalable message receivers to be processed accordingly. From September 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) London, United KingdomSenior IT Developer @ • Creating a Power Operation and Nomination system from the ground up to replace the old out dated legacy system.
• Using WPF MVVM, WebApi, and C # 4.5 to create a service oriented solution using message queuing, server side WebApi and windows services to retrieve current trading energy positions and display aggregated results on a WPF client side application. Send real time position changes from external trade entry systems to a range of RabbitMQ queues to be picked up and processed to show real time updates to the client application.
• Using SpecFlow to create acceptance tests to ensure that most scenarios are covered, also ensuring that 80% unit tests are covering the code base using NSubstitute to easily mock dependencies and using StructureMap as the IoC container.
• Ensuring that best practices and common design patterns are used to create well designed code that adheres to S.O.L.I.D principals. From June 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 4 months) London, United KingdomSenior IT Developer @ • Develop and maintain an in-house online real-time bidding platform that allows bidders from across the world register and bid on a wide range of lots from general items to highly specialised items.
• Using MVC3/4 to create websites using the CQRS design concept which uses events to propagate through the system and update data using read & write models (DB view caches).
• Following the agile methodology and SCRUM framework to deliver higher quality software on a regular basis ensuring our stakeholders are satisfied.
• Work with the team to use our knowledge of design patterns and principals to create new developments and to create robust and efficient code/applications/modules.
• Work with the team to drive unit testing forward and increase code base test coverage.
• Finding opportunities to push forward with refactoring the live auctioning system, taking advantage of multi-threading to speed up and optimise the current end to end process and other general performance optimisations.
• Reengineering the current architecture to move it more towards a loosely coupled, dependency injected, IoC, unit tested modern code base, taking advantage of S.O.L.I.D. principals and design patterns. From September 2012 to June 2013 (10 months) London, United KingdomSenior IT Developer @ • Develop the In-House Sports & Medical application (in an Agile environment) which tracks athlete & football player performance data, enabling clients such as “Arsenal, Manchester United, Red Bull, Sheffield Wednesday” to analyse recorded information in order to better understand and act upon this data and create better strategies to enable a “Winning Training Plan”.
• Create MVC3 applications using the Razor view engine, in a SOA architecture with WCF services with an Entity Framework 4.0 – 4.1 data abstraction layer to communicate with SQL Server 2008 and a NOSql database (CouchDB).
• Ensure that all new code written is either developed test first or covered by unit tests, mocked with Mocking framework MOQ and ensure that we try to get full 100% code coverage (Analysed by Visual Studio code coverage tools).
• Using JQuery Mobile to create MVC3 websites that cater to the growing demand in having mobile friendly sites that display normally on desktop browser and switch to mobile version when viewed on handheld devices.
• Create a player and user portal that has a subset of the functionality of the core application. Athletes would login to this portal and use the system that will sync with the core application database. From January 2012 to September 2012 (9 months) IT Developer @ • Develop and maintain an In-House Commodity Trading System which is responsible for holding trade information for all the Gas, Electricity, Carbon and Oil commodities traded with all counterparties.
• A C#, ASP.NET 4.0 Web Architecture that consists of many projects that are developed side by side in a source controlled and test driven environment.
• Using and implementing an Industry Wide API which is used to transfer trade information from all counterparties. Programming around the API and integrating it with our C# projects. Using XML to transfer information in a generic manner across systems and Multi – threaded execution to improve performance.
• Working in an Agile/SCRUM team designing and working on new development in a well organised manner with full consideration on the Object Oriented design patterns and principals. Domain Driven and Test Driven (DDD, TDD) environment.
• Creating and Integrating ASP.NET MVC 2/3 applications to extend the in-house application, in a Domain driven design, dependency inversion and all controllers tested and mocked. Using JQuery and Microsoft AJAX to perform partial page post backs to improve responsiveness of the Front End GUI and provide user feedback with progress controls, along with using other AJAX/JQuery plugins/toolkit controls.
• Using SQL Server Management Studio 2008 to create procedures and functions, analysing database workload and profiling, creating indexes to decide on ways to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the system. Creating Entity Framework models of selected database sections and using LINQ to group PnL/Exposure report details.
• Working with the Business and Business Units to produce requirements and acceptance criteria, working within Agile Iterations to produce pieces of Test Driven Prototypes and Spike applications. From October 2007 to January 2012 (4 years 4 months) IT Developer @ C# From 2006 to 2007 (1 year)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension