Disney Channels Worldwide International Intern @ Disney ABC Television Group
Freelance Copywriter @ Enjoius, Inc.
The Values Institute Intern @ Amusement Park
Disney Channels Worldwide International Intern @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Freelance Copywriter @ From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaThe Values Institute Intern @ Amusement Park is the manifestation of the coming together of Amusement Park Entertainment in Los Angeles and DGWB Advertising in Santa Ana. We create the kind
Disney Channels Worldwide International Intern @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Freelance Copywriter @ From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaThe Values Institute Intern @ Amusement Park is the manifestation of the coming together of Amusement Park Entertainment in Los Angeles and DGWB Advertising in Santa Ana. We create the kind of advertising people want to experience, witness, hear, feel, promote, and even pay for.
At Amusement Park, we don't think people should be forced to deal with advertising against their will.
This should be pretty common sense, but not many marketing companies really practice it. Whereas we do. 24/7/365.
We've found that people pay a lot more attention to brands, and even better, actually LIKE brands that offer something that makes people's lives better. Entertainment, music, a sporting event, a movement, something uplifting, something inspiring, something useful, something FUN.
Sure, we can make a :30 spot, and we've made a lot of damn good ones. But that's like going to an amusement park and only riding the Ferris wheel.
For more information, please visit www.amusementparkinc.com From June 2015 to September 2015 (4 months) Orange County, California AreaPublic Relations Consultant @ ● Conducted original research (interviews, student surveys, and artist focus groups)
● Created a dual PR campaign to increase weekday festival attendance and increase top-tier pageant ticket sales
● Presented to organization’s marketing executives in May 2015 From January 2015 to May 2015 (5 months) Orange County, California AreaO.L. Halsell Scholar @ ● One of 10 students selected to be personally mentored by the academy president
● Created a digital marketing plan and press kit (presented at Busan International Film Festival 2014) for Chapman Filmed Entertainment’s The Barber
● Collaborated extensively with The Barber marketing team and producer
● Had one-on-one weekly meetings with Cheryl Boone Isaacs to discuss The Barber project and her experience
● Participated in the Academy 2014’s Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting Award Ceremony From August 2014 to January 2015 (6 months) Digital Marketing Intern & Temporary Digital Marketing Assistant at U.S. Networks @ ● Created digital banners and written content for getTV's website, Cine Movie Channel & app, and Sony Movie Channel website
● Conducted research and planned field marketing event for getTV's St. Louis channel launch
● Navigated through Photoshop to edit and design promotional materials for getTV
● Wrote and scheduled content for getTV's Facebook page with marketing team, reaching 50,000 followers.
● Pitched ways to increase engagement for "Icon of the Week" trivia page through trivia game creation
● Assisted in copy writing and design for "Icon of the Week" trivia
● Navigated throughout the back-end of the getTV website using Drupal, MOX, and CMS
● Produced short Queen Latifah videos with Steve Mosko, president of Sony Pictures Television, showcased on lobby screens
● Assistant to Digital Marketing Coordinator From June 2014 to January 2015 (8 months) Vice President @ ● Invited professionals to speak at each meeting
● Collaborated with club president to organize events
● Kept in contact with Director of Marketing to advertise speaker visits From January 2014 to December 2014 (1 year) Chapman Magazine Intern (Editorial and Visual Aesthetics) @ ● Wrote feature stories for magazine after interviewing people
● Edited magazine before publication
● Navigated through Wordpress to create online version of magazine From February 2014 to May 2014 (4 months) Orange County, California AreaSeacrest Studios (Media & Programming Intern) @ ● Ran the radio studio in the hospital to entertain young patients at CHOC (Studio set up by Ryan Seacrest Foundation)
● Produced and hosted scheduled radio shows (Top 40, Classic Rock, and Gossip Celebrity show) and television segments
● Created original content for the studio in the form of playlists, gossip talk show scripts, and television show segments
● Interviewed Roger Craig Smith for the Ryan Seacrest Foundation blog (post showcasing recorded interview with written description below)
● Led celebrity visitors through the hospital and document the events for the organization’s blog
through recorded interviews, photos, and text.
● Interacted with young patients and collaborated with other interns
● Managed the technical side of the studio (cameras, Wirecast, VoxPro, microphones)
● Interacted with CHOC’s marketing department From August 2013 to February 2014 (7 months) Orange County, California AreaDirector of Marketing @ ● Collaborated with vice president and brainstormed creative ways to attract new people to PRSSA meetings
● Publicized events and speakers with emails to professors and flyers created in InDesign
● Maintained ongoing liaison with Dodge College Media Arts Division Chair for club updates and internship opportunities for students From January 2013 to December 2013 (1 year) Creative Marketing Intern @ • Managed social media by posting and monitoring Facebook and Twitter accounts using companies nostalgic voice
• Used Photoshop to design social media posts, website banners, and a flyer
• Designed website banner for 100th anniversary promotion website for Irish Women’s League
• Collaborated with co-workers for effective advertisement placement, taglines, and design
• Archived customers old fashion photos, documents, and negatives
• Archived Riverdance programs, negatives, and PR materials from 90’s-2000’s From June 2013 to August 2013 (3 months) Digital Cosumer Intern @ • Formulated media lists for clients (LifeKraze, General Mills, Coca-Cola, Rdio, and Sony Entertainment)
• Drafted tweet postings for LifeKraze’s “Yoga month”
• Monitored coverage for Lucky Charm’s “Chase for the Stars” app
• Monitored coverage thorugh tweet mentions
• Measured sites’ impressions From February 2013 to May 2013 (4 months) Special Events and Traditions Committee Member @ ● Hosted a Battle of the Bands competition for approximately 15 bands
● Collaborated with the team to decorate for Chapman’s “Spring Sizzle” event for all undergraduate students & Orange community From October 2011 to May 2013 (1 year 8 months) Director of Aesthetics @ ● Led the decorations committee for Midnight Breakfast, a buffet style event before finals
● Planned theme, envisioned decoration placement, and collaborated with production company
● Communicated with decorations committee members while also providing positive rapport From October 2012 to December 2012 (3 months) Junior-Ambassador (Troop 10125) @ ● Organized a winter gift-wrapping service
● Led publicity and advertisement for booth sales and gift wrapping service
● Organized and advertised two Girl Scout “mother and daughter tea parties” for Greater Los Angeles troops From January 2001 to June 2011 (10 years 6 months)
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Public Relations & Advertising, Leadership Studies minor and Women Studies minor, 3.7 @ Chapman University From 2011 to 2015 Astrid Martin is skilled in: Facebook, Social Media Marketing, Social Media, Event Management, Television, Entertainment, Higher Education, Photography, Photoshop, Foreign Languages, Public Speaking, Advertising, InDesign
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension