Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical @
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology
Professional with the big-picture vision, leadership and tenacity to successfully identify the customer needs, penetrate new markets, capture market share and accelerate revenue growth. Equally effective in strategic planning, product management: positioning, pricing and development, go to market implementation, business process re-engineering, and overall management of multi-million dollar business operations. A fifteen plus year experience in industrial,
Professional with the big-picture vision, leadership and tenacity to successfully identify the customer needs, penetrate new markets, capture market share and accelerate revenue growth. Equally effective in strategic planning, product management: positioning, pricing and development, go to market implementation, business process re-engineering, and overall management of multi-million dollar business operations. A fifteen plus year experience in industrial, heavy machinery, severe duty trucks and farm equipment sectors spread across multiple countries — United States, Canada, India and Turkey. Proficient in SAP enterprise system. A US citizen and open to travel & relocation.
Product Manager, Commercial Telematics @ From January 2013 to Present (3 years) Director Strategic Marketing, North America @ Autocar, a privately held organization is an industry leader in engineering, marketing, and assembly of custom built, severe duty Class 8 trucks for niche markets. As an oldest vehicle nameplate in the country, Autocar has an incomparable reputation for truck designing and innovations such as establishment of a significance presence in the natural gas segment.
• A 2% increase in market share for trucks sold in low cab over engine refuse segment;
• Customer study to understand the key characteristics of importance to national and regional fleets; their related depots, locations, mechanics & drivers, municipalities, communities & neighborhoods.
• Establishment of a current and future strategic position and message for the product considering the industry dynamics and competitive landscape.
• Development of a promise for the customers – a blend of operating principles and organization capabilities and induction within the organization.
• Ensure that the marketing becomes the repository for the content and message management. Creation and plans to have a message driven communication via press releases, new brand ads & posters, advertorials, focus on natural gas, etc.
• Plan for creation of a welcoming atmosphere for Autocar at approximately 500 fleet locations. Have key people in the fleet locations go through an “Autocar Experience Program” – An opportunity for Autocar to develop and communicate her strengths in person. From February 2011 to December 2012 (1 year 11 months) Director Service, North America @ Led the transformation of a 48-member service department (8direct reports) from a post-sales support organization to a competitive brand-builder and distributor distinguisher, supporting annual revenue of $1.5 billion and a distribution network of 1100 dealers in North America and institutional sales.
• Powered industry-first 24x7, year-round service program—redefining "fast" with express parts delivery, toward 75-hour or less down-time goal; reduction of approximately 150 hrs, realization of $10mn savings per year
• Work with the customer relationship and customer center to close the customer issues in the shortest possible time – reduction of lead time by > 100% in 2010 (2009 ~ +50 days); liaison between dealer and customer.
• Execution of product improvement programs ~ 7,500 units annually; completion rate > 95%
• Realized a 50% service rate improvement
• Dealer development projects aimed at improving brand image: 63% of the dealers participated in training and on an average 3.3 technicians trained per location
• Conceptualize and institutionalization of processes aimed at increasing absorption rates at the dealerships and introduce service standards across distribution
• Establishing a quality assurance group for the brand; a cross functional team with objectives of conducting a flawless new product launch and addressing the top field issues, liaison between engineering and product development platforms
• Cultivated a performance-driven culture, assuming ownership for results From July 2007 to January 2011 (3 years 7 months) Head of Business Strategy & Sales / Sales & Marketing Manager @ Full sales and accountability for the distribution of tractors and farm equipment throughout the South, Southeast, Midwest, and West Coast regions of the U.S.; marketing, product management, distribution and commercial operations. The team included seven direct reports consisting of five regional business managers, sales and marketing analyst, distribution manager supported additional office staff generating approximately $150 million annually.
• Introduced and executed strategic and tactical action plans to expand distribution network throughout North America and captured a market share as high as 12% in South and South Eastern regions of United States with overall increase of 5% from 2000 to 2007. The same period observed the revenue increase to $155mn from $40mn, addition of 100 new distributors, and an introduction of three new product series targeted at different customer segments with a satisfaction rating of 98%.
• Accurately analyzing the market, defining the customer segments along with their size, growth, profit potential and geographical presence, identifying the market approach, devising strategy for product development and introduction, laying the groundwork for optimizing the presence and development of investment plans led to the introduction of “micro-marketing” as a “go to market” approach.
• Evolved the brand from selling a prime mover to a solution that provided total ‘peace of mind’ and resonated with the factors driving the customer behavior. Quantifiable and differentiated messages to different target segments focused on offering more than a product – benefits, solutions, lifestyle. Leveraged any customer touch point such as internet, distributors, participation in shows, etc. as a branding opportunity to deliver the message.
• Expanded share of ‘consumer wallet’. Offered bundled solutions in simple packages that were easy to sell through distribution enabling value added selling and margin improvement. From April 2000 to July 2007 (7 years 4 months) Houston, Texas AreaAssistant Manager @ Earned promotion to Assistant Manager of International Marketing, following highly successful tenures as Junior Executive and Senior Executive. Oversaw the development and execution of market-entry strategies spanning Turkey, Egypt and Dominican Republic. Scope of responsibility encompassed competitive market analysis, ROI analysis, product specification development, target segment identification, trade/farm show participation, channel distribution, and plan roll-out.
• Performed in-depth market research and analysis identifying consumer segments and their behavior, competitive assessment, product application and requirements, and distribution channels, resulting in long-term strategic plans for new market entries
• Identified and developed distribution channel for tractor markets throughout Egypt and Dominican Republic, which included recruitment, training and product rollout
• Led development and execution of marketing strategies and business initiatives that drove rapid growth for ground floor to $2 million From June 1993 to March 2000 (6 years 10 months) Mumbai Area, India
MBA, Executive Management @ University of Houston, C.T. Bauer College of Business From 2003 to 2004 Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical @ Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology From 1988 to 1993 Ashish Sadhu is skilled in: Sales, Profit, Business Development, Strategic Planning, Marketing, Leadership, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Competitive Analysis, CRM, Product Management, New Business Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension