Bachelor’s Degree, Information Systems and Accounting @
New York University - Leonard N. Stern School of Business
LEADERSHIP | IT STRATEGY | CHANGE AGENT | FORTUNE 500
TRUSTED ADVISER AND BUSINESS PARTNER with an impressive 20-year track record of driving rapid results in any setting, any industry. Change agent with the ability to transform IT into a full business partner and growth engine. Works seamlessly across the executive team to solve business problems, drive
LEADERSHIP | IT STRATEGY | CHANGE AGENT | FORTUNE 500
TRUSTED ADVISER AND BUSINESS PARTNER with an impressive 20-year track record of driving rapid results in any setting, any industry. Change agent with the ability to transform IT into a full business partner and growth engine. Works seamlessly across the executive team to solve business problems, drive innovation, and deliver world-class solutions in complex environments.
“Ariane is a strategic thinker with the ability to look forward with innovation.”
- IT Strategy & Business Planning
- Organizational Transformation
- Innovation & Growth
- Process Improvement & Best Practices
- Mentoring & Talent Development
- Regulatory Compliance
- In-house & Outsource Models
- Change Agent & Business Adviser
Executive Leadership – Extensive experience leading large, cross-functional teams; driving change and innovation; influencing senior leadership and stakeholders; developing & mentoring people.
Business Partner / Adviser – Extensive experience developing and maintaining strong strategic relationships with senior business leaders; developing IT strategic plans to meet business requirements; promoting innovative solutions that drive business value.
IT Modernization – Led 10 SaaS and cloud-based solutions; Led upgrade of Windows 8/Server 2012; Drove $5M annual cost reduction through strategic sourcing and application rationalization.
Enterprise Applications – Led support and implementation of 15 large-scale, enterprise applications in the past 10 years including ERP, Business Intelligence, CRM, HRIS, Portals.
Portfolio/Project Governance – Established frameworks that drove the right project/portfolio decisions to deliver growth.
Business Process – Led numerous process optimization efforts that consistently drove growth and efficiencies including double-digit sales and profit growth.
SVP IT, CIO Commercial Division @ Responsible for the technology vision and leadership for inVentiv Health’s $1B Commercial segment, which includes Selling Solutions, Advertising, Public Relations, Patient Outcomes and Consulting divisions.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Partnering with senior executive leadership across the Commercial business segment to ensure technology strategy alignment and optimal service delivery.
- Providing IT strategic and tactical planning, and leading a team of internal business facing program managers to deliver segment level technology programs.
- Managing a portfolio of technology investments in support of the business growth and profitability objectives.
- Establishing and maintaining annual budgetary planning and long-range multi-year planning.
- Ensuring service level management practices are in place and adhered to and production in-service capabilities are actively measured and managed. From February 2014 to Present (1 year 11 months) Senior Director, Global IT @ Recruited by CIO to help drive business growth and an aggressive portfolio of transformational initiatives, improve IT project delivery, and improve Business-IT relationships.
Responsibilities include Commercial Operations, Clinical Operations, Business Intelligence, European IT, Global Service Desks, Infrastructure and Information Security.
Budget: $20M OPEX, $31M CAPEX Reports: 50 FTE across US and Europe
- Improved decision-making and business insights through data warehousing and new analytics integrating sales, IMS prescription, and managed markets data.
- Improving sales force performance, effectiveness and compliance through deployment of a global Customer Registry (MDM) and new Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution for 1000 reps across North America.
- Led the organization through a major compliance initiative to meet Sunshine and Aggregate Spend Reporting regulatory requirements globally.
- Dramatically improved process efficiencies in Clinical Operations through delivery of a $1M Siebel Clinical Trial Management program of enhancements and integrations.
- Leading modernization of IT through an enterprise wide upgrade to Window 8, Windows Server 2012, Office 2013.
- Dramatically improved service delivery, project delivery and customer satisfaction through strong governance, planning, and repeatable processes resulting in much stronger IT / Business relationships.
- Defined Information Security Roadmap and leading the deployment of Antivirus, Host Intrusion Protection, Data Encryption, Data Loss Prevention, Intrusion Detection and Prevention System and other Network monitoring capabilities. From October 2012 to December 2013 (1 year 3 months) Vice President, Global IT - Enterprise Applications, Commercial & Corporate Functions @ Recruited by CIO to help transform Global IT into an effective, delivery-oriented organization and dramatically drive out IT costs in support of company going through a major downsizing and business re-focus effort. Senior Executive team member.
Provided leadership and direction for all Global Enterprise Applications & Platforms, Corporate & Commercial Functions, and Computer System Validation.
Budget: $10M OPEX, $10M CAPEX / Reports: 65 FTE across US, Europe and India
- Drove top and bottom-line business results through delivery of: Global Profitability/Analytics Solution, Global Planning & Forecasting solution, Major ERP upgrade, CRM platform expansion, multiple technology platform upgrades, global SaaS Compensation Planning solution, and global Learning Management solution.
- Improved IT performance through clear organizational vision and direction, IT planning and business alignment, best practices around Life Cycle Management, Release Management, Testing Practices, and IT Governance.
- Drove $4.6M of annual strategic cost reductions by building out strategic offshore partnerships and centralization and standardization of IT services by establishing three CoE’s—Integration, Business Intelligence, Collaboration.
- Supported cost-cutting efforts by reducing license cost 30% through aggressive license deployment and true-ups.
- Improved employee engagement by 25% and grew talent through emphasis on individual development and growth, resulting in seven (7) staff promotions. From March 2010 to September 2012 (2 years 7 months) Managing Director, Enabling Technology @ Recruited by CIO to lead enterprise applications and drive a backlog of IT transformational initiatives that had stalled as a result of a failed merger and to improve IT Scorecard Metrics and Employee Engagement.
Responsible for all major Technology Deployments, Technology Plans, Roadmaps and P&L for all Enterprise Platforms and Applications.
Budget: $15M OPEX, multi-year $180M CAPEX / Reports: 50-100 FTE across US and India
- Drove top and bottom-line results by deployment of mission critical solutions: SAP Call Center, Advanced Meter Infrastructure, Document Management, Governance Risk & Compliance, Planning & Forecasting, Enterprise Portal
- Reduced annual IT OPEX by $2M through platform and application consolidation and outsourced partnerships.
- Established four new CoE’s—Collaboration, Integration, Business Intelligence, and Enterprise Content Management—and led the organization on a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) strategy and roadmap and adoption of Web 2.0 techniques to drive innovation and speed of delivery.
- Improved employee engagement by 30% via communication, transparency, team-building and talent management. From March 2007 to November 2009 (2 years 9 months) Divisional CIO / Head of IT, OTC N.A. @ Recruited to lead the North America IT Organization - $1B Over-the-Counter Business Unit. NA Leadership Team member.
Authority for all IT OTC NA activities—business alignment, strategy, portfolio management, systems delivery and support in a 21 CFR Part 11 environment.
Budget: $10M OPEX, $7M CAPEX / Reports: 35 FTE across North America & India
- Drove top and bottom line results and speed of decision-making through delivery of: Sales Performance Analytics and Dashboards; Trade Promotions Solution; Collaboration and Work Flow solutions; and Supply Chain systems.
- Led major business process improvements increasing sales by $2M annually—Consensus Forecast Process / System and automation of Sales & Operations Process and Monthly deck creation.
- Improved Face to Consumer by launching strategic brand sites and quick deployment of Consumer Web initiatives.
- Reduced annual IT OPEX by 10% by regionalizing the IT organization and outsourcing of EDI services. Led the IT integration of the BMS Consumer Business acquisition.
- Remediated multi-million dollar North America SAP ERP implementation (SD, FI, CO, MM, PP, WM). From April 2004 to January 2007 (2 years 10 months) Director, Global Business Technology @ Retained by Pfizer to lead critical M&A and divestiture activities.
- Led the successful integration of Pharmacia Consumer Healthcare systems into Pfizer and the Pharmacia Bulk Chemical Division Data Warehouse transitions.
- Led business in developing critical Rx Selling and Marketing capabilities for Pfizer’s Consumer Health business, leading a 130 person cross-divisional, cross-functional team to implement required process and systems changes within 5 months.
- Led the IT portion of the divestiture of Pfizer’s Adams business to Cadbury and Pfizer’s Shave business to Energizer. From January 2000 to April 2004 (4 years 4 months) Divisional CIO / Director IT/IS - Consumer Health - North America @ Company going through major growth. Recruited to build out the NA IT Organization for the $500M Consumer Business.
IT Advisor/Leader responsible for IT strategy, portfolio management, systems delivery and support in a Consumer Packaged Goods / Pharmaceutical environment.
Budget: $2.5M OPEX, $5M CAPEX / Reports: 15 FTE across North America
- Produced $1M savings and supported double-digit sales & EBIT growth through delivery of timely and actionable information through a new Business Intelligence Solution.
- Enhanced marketing effectiveness through delivery of brand extranets, eCRM, Direct-to-Consumer B2C brand-defense solution, and Consumer Contact Data Warehouse.
- Led the business through a division-wide Business Planning, Forecasting and Execution initiative, delivering new processes and systems that significantly improved forecast accuracy and order fill metrics, driving top line results.
- Formed new IT organization of 15 FTE to deliver against a newly created IT strategy and plan (formulated with the Operating Committee), providing for the application and information architecture to enable 3-year business plan. From January 2000 to April 2004 (4 years 4 months) Project Manager / North America Support Manager - Global IT @ Held progressively increasing responsibilities through successive promotions and rotations across multiple IT roles including major project delivery and support roles for North America Financial, Sales, Logistics and Supply systems. From January 1990 to January 2000 (10 years 1 month) Management Consultant @ Held various consultant roles focused on implementation of ERP systems and business case development. Worked on large client assignments such as Mars, Inc, AT&T and UPS. From 1989 to 1990 (1 year)
MBA, Business Administration @ Lehigh University From 1993 to 1996 Bachelors of Science, Information Systems & Accounting @ New York University - Leonard N. Stern School of Business From 1985 to 1989 Ariane Schiereck is skilled in: Vendor Management, Project Portfolio Management, Change Management, Outsourcing, Business Process Re-engineering, Strategic Planning, Governance, Business Alignment, Information Technology, Operational Excellence, Mergers, IT Transformation, Divestitures, Balanced Scorecard, Emerging Technologies
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension