Bachelor of Business Information Systems, Information Systems @
- Developed a Social Share Portal with APIs from different Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Introduced the concept of Open Graph Protocol for the application website.
- Developed a payment history section inside the application using Java, Servlets, jQuery, MySql and DataTables Plugins. Used Stored Procedure in database to manipulate payment information used for display. Added a Print Receipt feature inside the product with the help jQuery UI and CSS for print media.
- Automated a weekly database build with Cron Jobs and MySQL queries. The process includes extracting, de-duping, normalizing, loading and notifying. Created Stored Procedures and helped consolidate new data with old ones inside the database. Created active and inactive lists for sales reps from around “14 Million Records” inside database using data queries and normalization.
- Connected Infofree application with Customer Relationship Management (CRM101) application by creating a dedicated portlet. Built CRM Export feature with Java, Servlets, Stored Procedures and JSON web services.
- Added a code to filter Special Characters using Regular Expressions (RegEx) inside Infofree’s internal Search Engine to get accurate search results and to avoid system validation errors. Developed and added a feature for business credit reports with APIs for Maps and Graph Plots.Used mutt and various SMTP settings to send automated emails. From May 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Omaha, NebraskaWeb Application Developer, Intern @ - Worked as both front-end and back-end developer intern under Infofree's CTO, Mr. Bob Smith
- Created Headers for infofree.com web pages using PHP and CSS. Used Designing Tools to come up with icons and logos for the site. Designed Logos and icon sprites for the website using Adobe Editing Suite. Added various static pages inside the website. Maintained infofree.com, the CRM101 and new.infofree.com site.
- Researched and Analyzed current website for SEO, new features and overall performance. Worked on Reporting and Analysis of features for the website.
- Setup Java development environment with Eclipse IDE and MySQL using MySQL Workbench. Familiarized myself with DataTables and JSON Array file formats. Got hands-on training on the company structure, policies, application backend, database structure and management tools. Created Forms with events registration for customers From March 2014 to May 2014 (3 months) Omaha, NebraskaApplication Developer and Quality Assurance Lead @ - Created a LAMP Stack server using LINUX and Apache and, created Database Server with MySQL.
- Developed Volunteer Management Application using CakePHP Model-View-Controller Framework, MySQL Workbench, Bootstrap, designing suites like Adobe Creative Suite and Axure. Worked as a Developer Team member and added features and functionality codes into the system using. Developed a Database Structure and Logic as a team.
- Gathered requirements and created a Statement of Work (SOW). Researched on Testing and App Development Tools. Created Test Plans for all the system features to be delivered. Created QA Reports and submitted it to SCRUM Master.
- Maintained the tickets using ScrumDO and distributed tasks to the team members. Supervised team meetings as a SCRUM Master, a Chairman and a Secretary. From January 2014 to May 2014 (5 months) Omaha, NebraskaGraduate Assistant @ - Developed a Website for Chancellor's Commission on the Status for Women Developed UI for Dr. Sajda Qureshi on her data collection Mobile and Web app. Maintained hardware and updated to latest system.
- Read and researched through Journal Articles published in popular Medias like MIS Quarterly and Journal of Management Information Systems.
- Worked with Dr. Donna Dufner (IS&T Honors Program Coordinator) on Roots of Agile Methods.
- Worked with Dr. Dwight A. Haworth and Dr. Kerry Ward and have done some literature review on
Video Games, SIEM Packages, Consequence Management.
- Research Topics in areas like Serious Games, SPLUNK and Agile Methods. From August 2012 to March 2014 (1 year 8 months) omaha, nebraskaSystem Analyst, Intern @ - Worked with Professor, Dr. Peter Wolcott from University of Nebraska, Omaha and Admin Director, Mrs. Carin Borg and Research Manager Mr. Greg Prorok (and the team) from University of Nebraska Medical Center in coming up with a solution to the problem in Surgery Research Data File Server System.
- Prepared a set of questions for requirements gathering. Looked into the issues of Physical Infrastructure, Backup/Recovery and Archiving, Data Governance and Enterprise HIPAA and Non-HIPPA Compliance Storage.
- Researched available solutions, provided recommendations (Basic Storage, Internal NAS and Dedicated SANS) and established policies for file structures. From January 2014 to February 2014 (2 months) Omaha, NebraskaPresident / Founder @ - Introduced the idea of opening a Non-Governmental Organization, Techno Cottage Nepal
- Developed company website, logo and promotion materials.
- Chaired meetings, set agendas, appointed committees and assured the proper functioning of the organization.
- Supervised various projects and set healthy relations with other organizations. From July 2011 to August 2013 (2 years 2 months) Shangrila Street, Kupondole Heights, Lalitpur, NepalProject Coordinator / Web Developer @ - Live Web Environment Setup (PHP and MySQL), domain forwarding & hosting setup at dotster.com
- Developed website using Web Content Management System and Plugins / APIs.
- Worked as a Consultant in terms of marketing the business online and recommending future steps.
- Prepared Knowledge Modules, Tutorials and Reports for the microenterprise. From August 2012 to December 2012 (5 months) Omaha, NebraskaTeaching Assistant @ - Full-Time TA for four subjects - Database Management Systems, System Analysis & Design, Managerial Communication & Operations Management.
-Was in charge of mentoring, guiding & counseling the students.
-Evaluated assignments, project works of students & graded them.
-Facilitated Students & their class performance.
-Carried out the task of an invigilator during examinations.
-Co-ordinated and Conducted the "Orientation Program" for BBA & BBIS students. From July 2010 to June 2011 (1 year) Gwarko, Lalitpur, NepalIntern @ - Organizing Member (Secretariat) of 4th NRN Global Conference 2009 and NRN Day 2010.
- Marketing and Media - Made proposals for sponsors and managed media & press.
- Database Management - Registered participants and managed data of National Coordination
Council from 55 different countries, delegates & others.
- Prepared Daily Reports
- Material Handling - Prepared ID cards & kitbags, distributed t-shirts, managed office supplies, etc. From August 2010 to October 2010 (3 months) Teku, Kathmandu, NepalIntern @ - Worked under Mr. Binay Neupane, Head-DRM unit, and reported daily about the status of cash deposit collection.
- As part of Information Systems - carried out a Bank's Web Development Internship Project and, as a part of Management, carried out Deposit Crisis study.
- Processed various education loans and account opening for privileged customers.
- Gained some knowledge in banking software - Finacle by Infosys India.
- Gave Counseling and Advices to customers regarding deposit schemes and loan schemes. From February 2010 to April 2010 (3 months) Kantipath, Kathmandu, NepalMicrosoft Student Partners (MSP) @ - First Microsoft Student Partner representing Kathmandu College of Management.
- Organized and volunteered many events under Microsoft Student Partners Program (2009) Nepal including Swabhimaan 2009, Hardware and Software Trainings & Orientation Program for 2010 MSPs. From August 2008 to August 2009 (1 year 1 month) New Road, Kathmandu, NepalPresident - IT Club @ - Carried out 14 different events (highest in number among all the clubs) during the whole tenure among which Open Cyber Gaming Competition, IT for Society, IT Awareness, IT Quiz & Microsoft Student Partners Events were the notable ones.
- Formed and managed a club structure with 4 advisory members, 6 head members & 5 other executive members.
- Carried out task of decision making, monitoring, appointing members, supervising & chairing meetings. From August 2008 to August 2009 (1 year 1 month) Gwarko, Lalitpur, NepalVolunteer @ - Volunteer for 12 days.
- Volunteered in 5 different blood donation camps collecting donator's information and providing refreshments.
- Managed database of the Red Cross Society donors in their register book and made donors card
for the donors. From July 2007 to July 2007 (1 month) Pradarshani Marga, Kathmandu, Nepal