Who am I:
Digi Nerd turned continental drifter, street food junkie!
My mission in life and work is to indulge my everlasting addiction of curiosity. So today I find myself travelling and living the life of a Digital Strategist, exposing myself to cultural influences beyond my natural comfort zones and always looking out for parallels and patterns
Who am I:
Digi Nerd turned continental drifter, street food junkie!
My mission in life and work is to indulge my everlasting addiction of curiosity. So today I find myself travelling and living the life of a Digital Strategist, exposing myself to cultural influences beyond my natural comfort zones and always looking out for parallels and patterns in different intellectual worlds.
Digital has always been in my backbone. Gaming my way through primary school, texting through high school and building websites through university I found my way into the world of Digital communications and have never looked back.
In 2006 I became part of the OMD family as the 5th Digital employee that now spans a team of 50+ digital professionals nationally. In 2012 I took on the reigns of Digital Strategist at Tongue, fostering digital thinking amongst an amazing team of creatives and managers.
Evolving between the worlds of media and creative agencies, my life and career has been one amazing adventure. With patience, balance and an abrupt thirst for curiosity some of my key achievements have included:
• Exploring over 30 countries before 30
• Appointed youngest Digital Account Director across OMD APAC
• Cycling through death road Bolivia
• Launching Australia’s first AR mobile application for commercial use
• Volcano boarding through Nicaragua
• Co development of Australia’s largest Real Estate digital news platform
• 2013 APG Planning Idol finalist
• Volunteering over 208hr of digital services across South, Central America and Asia
• Planning and implementation of (2xOlympic) and (2xWC) digital strategies
• Training and competing in MMA across Brazil and Thailand
• Painstakingly surviving the Worlds Hottest Curry
• 2012 B&T 30 under 30 (Digital Specialist) finalist
Detailed experiences, roles and clients that have been part of my journey are included below.
Digital Strategy Director @ From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Digital Nomad @ 2014 was the year to invest in myself, explore this amazing planet and make time to give a little back. So with my backpack, laptop and what digital knowledge I had, I volunteered digital services to charities and NGO’s around South America and Asia. Within this time I also had the opportunity to train and develop some hands on life skills.
From local farmer experiencing digital for the first time to established charities, the projects and organisations varied from size and involvement. One day I was working with large Animal initiatives (Soi Dog Project), the next, living in a Favella in Brazil teaching local Jiu Jitsu schools (Academia Fernando Terere) how to use social media to promote kids off the street projects.
The experiences were incredible and connections made unforgettable but most importantly this helped develop a good serving of humility and humanity. From January 2014 to January 2015 (1 year 1 month) Digital Strategist @ • Clients: AHL, BlackBerry, Boodle, Caltex, Cisco, Chadstone, Kellogg’s, Pernod Ricard.
• Responsible for successfully planning, analysing, recommending and implementing Digital multi-channel marketing strategies across a diverse mix of clients.
• Worked directly with Managing Partners, Strategy Director, UX, Developers, SEO, Creative & Account teams.
• Developed strong, trusting relationships between clients and agency partners, providing leadership and support during strategy, ideation, and execution.
• Facilitated field research, focus groups, stakeholder workshops that yield rich insights into consumer behaviour, motivations and attitudes.
• Dedicating time to educate team members, wider business unit and clients on Digital.
• Creating presentations that inspire and galvanise clients and collaborators around big ideas.
• Development of unique KPI’s, new reporting methods and cross platform attribution modelling and analytics.
• Key Note Speaker/ AdTech Data Summit, MFA, Social Round Table. From August 2012 to January 2014 (1 year 6 months) Sydney, AustraliaInteractive Director @ • Clients: Apple, FedEx, Hilton, Intel, St.George, Virgin Atlantic, Village Roadshow.
• Delivered expertise within digital specialty areas such as; social media, search, performance, mobile, AR, video, DSPs, and emerging trends.
• Managed a team of (8) 2x manager, 4x planers/buyers and 2x assistants.
• Supported CEO in leading agency digital strategy and positioning.
• Management and integration of OMD SBU (Fuse/Word/Search/Accuen).
• Provided digital leadership and education both internally and with clients.
• Managed client digital spends, inclusive of forecasting and tracking over $12m in 2012.
• Contribution to OMD new business efforts and ensure that digital thinking is fully integrated throughout.
• Global representation for APAC markets (Visa, Intel, Virgin Atlantic).
• Development and policing of OMD Digital Trading terms.
• Guest speaker and representation at industry events (MFA, NGEN, IAB). From March 2009 to August 2012 (3 years 6 months) Digital Account Manager @ • Clients: Telstra (Australia’s largest online media spender 2007-2008)
• Managed a team of (4) 2x planers/buyers and 2x assistants
• Created and implemented local and national digital media strategies.
• Branded content strategy development.
• Creation & development of media first opportunities.
• Social media insights, strategy and campaign development.
• Built and maintained excellent client relationships.
• Automated buying and planning champion (Nomad).
• Management of campaigns spends & budget reconciliations.
• Management of integrated & cross platforms campaigns.
• Negotiating long-term contracts and budgets.
• Guest digital speaker at NGEN Academy sessions.
• Part of OMD pitch team- New business and industry awards. From March 2007 to March 2009 (2 years 1 month) Sydney, AustraliaDigital Media Planner & Buyer @ • Clients: Allianz, Bigpond, Mc Donalds, Sensis & Telstra
• Developed unique and strategically appropriate online media plans, including exploration of avenues that utilise emerging technology to support client objectives.
• Finalist and Winner of 2x industry Awards.
• Online research and consumer insights generation (Roy Morgan).
• Evaluate media proposals and provide written POV.
• Compute ROI of online media activity, and make recommendations to optimise client results.
• Negotiate, purchase and maintain value across OMD first ever network deals.
• Track media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance.
• Provide concise, timely and accurate reporting, including post-buys, positioning and online tracking reports.
• Lead planner on largest digital only campaign for Telstra to date (Next G launch). From January 2006 to March 2007 (1 year 3 months) Sydney, Australia
Bachelor of Law and Communication, Advertising @ University Of Western Sydney From 2003 to 2005 All Saints Catholic College From 2001 to 2002 Aneeket Dayal is skilled in: Digital Strategy, Digital Media, Media Planning, Digital Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Mobile Advertising, Integrated Marketing, Media Buying, Online Advertising, Interactive Marketing, Content Strategy, SEM, Web Analytics, PPC, comScore
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension