Senior Director, Strategic Development @ Xceleron Inc
Director, Global Business Development, Intertek Pharmaceutical Services @ Intertek
Chief Marketing Officer @ WIL Research Holding Company, Inc.
Dynamic and energetic corporate development executive with unique global and C-level leadership experience managing and directing sales & marketing teams, devising and implementing marketing plans/policies proven to drive organic business growth in tandem with M&A in organizations ranging from $20M - $200M annual revenues. Established a reputation for helping to maximize shareholder value in a variety of
Dynamic and energetic corporate development executive with unique global and C-level leadership experience managing and directing sales & marketing teams, devising and implementing marketing plans/policies proven to drive organic business growth in tandem with M&A in organizations ranging from $20M - $200M annual revenues. Established a reputation for helping to maximize shareholder value in a variety of professional environments that includes private, public, venture, early-growth and late-stage companies. A strategically minded and enthusiastic team player that is flexible, self-motivated and resourceful, with exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to be innovative.
Direct experience with contract research organizations (CROs), private equity, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical devices companies developing and promoting new technologies in regulated GLP/GMP drug development to meet FDA requirements.
Senior Director, Strategic Development @ Xceleron is a highly specialized analytical CRO that pioneered the biomedical applications of ultra-sensitive AMS (Accelerator Mass Spectrometry) technology. We employ AMS in a number of different ways as a valuable translational tool to bridge "bench to bed" more effectively. Xceleron supports early clinical development enabling pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to get a much earlier 'read' on human metabolism & PK, site-of-action, drug-drug interactions and even probe metabolic pathways. From October 2011 to Present (4 years 3 months) Director, Global Business Development, Intertek Pharmaceutical Services @ VP-level position (reported to EVP, Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Division) responsible for providing overall strategic direction, developing and implementing sales and marketing plans to leverage global business synergies for 6 GLP/GMP analytical research operations with combined annual revenues of $50M. Role included identifying M&A targets, investor presentations and due diligence.
• Led formation of cross-divisional Intertek medical team to expand a $20M business in the medical devices sector by combining several service areas into a single consolidated service offering
• Developed a strategic business plan to drive both organic growth of existing pharmaceutical businesses, and new growth via M&A to increase annual revenues from $50M to $500M in 5-years
• Developed brand for Intertek Pharmaceutical Services within the corporate brand strategy and re-designed the web-site, authoring entire content, that increased web-site traffic by 30% in 12-months
• Achieved a reputation as the internal ‘go-to’ expert for cross-referring analytical projects within Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Division ($235M annual revenues with 1,600 staff) From August 2008 to January 2011 (2 years 6 months) Chief Marketing Officer @ C-level position (reported to CEO) at the Holding Company and worked very closely with the CFO and Behrman Capital (private equity owners) to maximize shareholder value. Responsible for planning and directing marketing strategy to prepare for a successful IPO, including evaluation of best practices and making recommendations for change and improvement. Required sound judgment and multi-disciplinary teamwork to accomplish goals via building consensus, performing a wide variety of tasks that included leading and directing the work of others across 4 operating companies to leverage business synergies.
• Assisted with M&A and organic growth plans that increased group revenues from $107M to $140M over 2-years and ensured the Dutch operation achieved goals of $34.5M (2006) and $39M (2007)
• Assisted with gaining board approval for a $15M capital investment and business plan to generate additional annual revenues of $50M by 2009
• Exceeded sales and profit targets 2006-2007 and contributed to successful $500M sale and exit strategy for Behrman Capital that generated a ROI in WIL Research Holding Co. of 3.6x in 4-years
• Due diligence and business plans leading to successful acquisition of QS Pharma for $19M in 2006
• Established single representation in Japan through hiring a new Head Business Development in Tokyo and led technology transfer for a specialized service area from WIL (Ohio) to NOTOX (Netherlands) From March 2006 to July 2008 (2 years 5 months) Vice President, Business Development @ Reported to Managing Director, Springborn Smithers (65 staff), responsible for the strategy and business plan that led to the successful launch of new contract Analytics Company for Smithers called Synomics Pharma Services. Implemented a customer service program, marketing and promotional initiatives, pricing policies, and assisted with management of laboratory operations and hiring of key scientific staff. From October 2004 to February 2006 (1 year 5 months) Director, Sales & Marketing @ VP-level position (reported to President & CEO) and Member of Executive Committee that managed company with 1,200 staff. Responsible for preclinical sales, contracts, customer service, marketing and promotional plans, corporate image, pricing, strategic/tactical business plans. Built and managed a staff of 21 in sales, marketing, promotions, market research and business analysis with $5M annual budget.
• Appointed Chairman of Corporate R&D Committee with 8 Scientific Directors to manage and fund new initiatives to expand the services portfolio and fuel organic growth
• Introduced cost recovery processes that consistently yielded $12M+ per year in additional revenues
• Successfully re-branded company profile and value proposition twice following mergers
• Helped increase annual revenues at CTBR from $50M to $135M in 7-years leading to merger with Inveresk Research and a record sale to Charles River Labs valued at 23x EBITDA multiple in 2004
• Exceeded sales and profit targets every year from 1997 to 2004 From 1997 to 2004 (7 years) National Sales Manager @ From March 1996 to April 1997 (1 year 2 months) US Liaison Office Manager @ From January 1993 to March 1996 (3 years 3 months) Business Development Manager @ From July 1989 to January 1993 (3 years 7 months)
BSc Hons., Biochemistry (Applied Biochemistry & Biotechnology) @ Imperial College London From 1979 to 1983 Andy Slack is skilled in: Due Diligence, Competitive Analysis, Corporate Development, Key Account Management, Mergers, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Industry, CRO, Lifesciences, Medical Devices, Clinical Development, Drug Development, Business Planning, Strategy, FDA
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension