Vice President, BA Services Global Operations @ SAP
Senior Director SAP Business Objects Quality Management Office @ SAP
Bachelor of Science (BS), Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies @
State University of New York at Albany
An articulate and strategic global leader with five years of SAP Field Services experience and an additional twenty years of operational management consulting experience with Abeam Consulting, New York Consulting Partners, Arthur Andersen and leadership within the US Army. Established a record of creating, or supporting, exceptional organizations which over-achieved aggressive operational or financial targets. Ability to
An articulate and strategic global leader with five years of SAP Field Services experience and an additional twenty years of operational management consulting experience with Abeam Consulting, New York Consulting Partners, Arthur Andersen and leadership within the US Army. Established a record of creating, or supporting, exceptional organizations which over-achieved aggressive operational or financial targets. Ability to set a strategic course and lead organizational transformation through engaging and motivating employees at all levels.
Organizational Strategy Definition
Organizational Setup and Alignment
Operational Productivity & Efficiency Improvement
Contracting & Negotiations
Profit & Loss Management
Service Portfolio Management
Partner Relationship Management
Global Head HANA Services @ Responsible for driving all aspects of strategy, sales, delivery, and field enablement (professional services sales and delivery) globally for this emerging technology. From January 2012 to Present (3 years 10 months) Dallas, TexasVice President, BA Services Global Operations @ Participated in setting the strategy, assisted in building the organization and led the operations of this global, strategic consulting line of service encompassing the full SAP capabilities for Business Intelligence, Enterprise Information Management, Enterprise Performance Management, and Governance, Risk and Compliance. Drove the sales and delivery enablement activities for an organization comprised of over 1400 consultants, management, and sales professionals globally, booking over €380M in new sales in 2010. Overachieved revenue, profitability, and operating income goals, by effectively supporting this growing business for the past two years during a very challenging economic climate. Developed approaches to strengthen and manage strategic partner relationships to enable scalability as piloted in NA with Utopia. Managed and developed a portfolio of standardized and engineered service offerings that currently represent over 60% of BAS Revenue globally.
Awards and Honors
SAP Winner’s Circle - 2009 From March 2009 to January 2011 (1 year 11 months) Senior Director SAP Business Objects Quality Management Office @ Responsible for establishing policy and processes that mitigate the risks associated with project delivery on a global basis.
- Restructured the global quality organization to effective support the review of all engagement contracts and proposals by a program that has eliminated litigation and settlements regarding services and the associated software sale from an average of one per quarter at ~$500K in refunds.
- Established policies and procedures to increase the quality of the contracts that were being written, eliminating services related lawsuits and reducing the number of warranty work hours by 24% ~ 15,000 hours annually.
- Created a project-level dashboard that allows management to easily track the real-time financial performance of any engagement from delivery through collections. This tool allowed FS, for the first time, to realistically report, and manage the margin for each engagement.
- Introduced the concept of managing a portfolio of engagements to improve the overall financial performance of FS.
- Chaired the Project Profitability Initiative which implemented changes in how FS sold, staffed, and delivered engagements to attain a 25% margin in Q408.
- Rewrote Services VSOE Policy to both simplify and reflect how services had evolved within BOBJ
- Wrote first ever policy and how-to guide on contracting standards From November 2006 to March 2009 (2 years 5 months)
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Operations Management and Supervision @ Texas A&M University From 1993 to 1995 Bachelor of Science (BS), Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies @ State University of New York at Albany From 1991 to 1992 Mechanical Engineering @ Tennessee Technological University From 1979 to 1981 Andrew Stahl is skilled in: Go-to-market Strategy, Business Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Business Alliances, Professional Services, ERP, Sales Enablement, Demand Generation, Product Management, Solution Selling, IT Strategy, CRM, Partner Management, Business Strategy, Start-up Consulting, Restructuring, Operations Management, Enterprise Software, SaaS, Strategic Partnerships, Management, Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension