Sr. Director, Global Product @ Carlson Wagonlit is the world's largest business travel company with customers like Google, Amazon, Apple and other Fortune 500 companies. It holds the top customer satisfaction ratings in the industry. I lead a product and delivery team of 40 that drives the vision, execution, and go-to-market of products supporting $13B in annual
Sr. Director, Global Product @ Carlson Wagonlit is the world's largest business travel company with customers like Google, Amazon, Apple and other Fortune 500 companies. It holds the top customer satisfaction ratings in the industry. I lead a product and delivery team of 40 that drives the vision, execution, and go-to-market of products supporting $13B in annual revenue. From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Greater Seattle AreaDirector, Product @ Drove the vision and product roadmap for Expedia's mid-sized hotel segment accounting for $1.2B in annual gross profit.
• Achieved a 17% hotel room upgrade rate by enabling customers to purchase last minute offers from hotels
• Introduced vacation rentals & 3rd party hotels on Expedia sites by delivering a realtime shopping platform
• Drove a 10% increase in hotels on Expedia in one month through the design and deployment of automated onboarding From August 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 1 month) Director, Program Management @ Defined and delivered the technical roadmap for Expedia's small hotel segment accounting for $480M in annual gross profit. Lead an international team of 11 Program Managers, Project Managers and BI Analysts supporting 70 developers.
• Cultivated a team-wide test and learn culture through the design and implementation of multivariate testing and analytics tools and a transition to Scrum
• Improved hotel engagement and content quality with an Expedia iPhone App for hotels
• Reduced the average time to onboard a hotel from 4 weeks to less than 24 hours through the delivery of an online onboarding tool
• Increased revenue by $80M by leveraging compulsion loops, urgency messaging, self-service and data driven calls to action to improve hotel rates and availability From March 2011 to August 2013 (2 years 6 months) Senior Program Manager @ Responsible for defining and delivering Windows Phone Companion Websites (App Store, Phone Backup and Find My Phone) resulting in increased phone purchases, app downloads and Net Promoter scores.
Selected for High Potential Leadership program (top 2% of employees), awarded a gold star (top 5%) and promoted from Program Manager. From April 2008 to March 2011 (3 years) Program Manager @ Responsible for defining and rolling out hotel connectivity solutions.
• Managed the technical integration of the world's largest hotel chain (IHG) and travel agency (Expedia)
• Managed the launch, monitoring and improvement of the Expedia Quick Connect hotel connectivity solution as it grew from 0 to over 3000 hotels From October 2005 to May 2008 (2 years 8 months) Software Development Consultant @ Responsible for technical consulting and coding of custom BlackBerry applications for external partners resulting in improved satisfaction and increased BlackBerry sales. From 2002 to 2004 (2 years) Product Manager @ Responsible for competitive analysis and technical whitepapers for JClass and beta program for JQuery resulting in identification and implementation of critical functionality. From 2001 to 2002 (1 year)
MMSc, Management Sciences and Quantitative Methods @ University of Waterloo From 2004 to 2005 BMath, Computer Science @ University of Waterloo From 1998 to 2003 Andrew Duke is skilled in: Agile Methodologies, Software Development, Agile Project Management, Scrum, Product Management, Software Project Management, Program Management, Enterprise Architecture, Mobile Applications, Vendor Management, Management, Analytics, SaaS, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Web Services
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension