Bilingual system specialist with 15 years’ experience in the field of information technology. Known for his ability to manage Linux systems, automation and virtual machines, to respond quickly and effectively to the needs of users and to troubleshoot complex services outages. Excels in planning projects for major system implementations in different datacenters and configuring computer networks for
Bilingual system specialist with 15 years’ experience in the field of information technology. Known for his ability to manage Linux systems, automation and virtual machines, to respond quickly and effectively to the needs of users and to troubleshoot complex services outages. Excels in planning projects for major system implementations in different datacenters and configuring computer networks for optimal performance. Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and places high value on teamwork.
Operating Systems: LINUX (RedHat, CentOS, Debian, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Suse), UNIX (Sun Solaris), VMware (ESX 4.1, ESXi 5), Windows Server 2008.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL
Scripting: Shell script.
Software, Applications: Apache, Java, DNS (Tinydns, Bind), Postfix, Exim, Sendmail, NTP, Zimbra, NFS, DHCP, SSH, kickstart., SVN.
Automation : Puppet, Mcollective, Cfengine3, Docker.
Monitoring : Mon, Nagios,, MRTG, HPTools, DELLTools, Snort, Ossec, Rsyslog,
FTP et SFTP.
Backup : Arkeia
Tivoli, Jira, osTicket, ServiceNow
High availability: Heartbeat, Keepalived
Network: WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Architecture, connectivity equipment, security, WIFI
Devices: Servers : (Dell 1750, 1850,1950, 2850, R710, R620 et HP DL 380, 360, Blades), SunFire V210 and V240 servers
SAN : Netapp
Inter-connection: Switch Cisco, Firewall (Fortigate, Checkpoint, Iptables, FreeBSD), LoadBalancer (Citrix, Kemp, Elfiq), VPN (IPSec, Openvpn)
Installation of Operating System software, Raid, SAN, Storage Array, Robot safeguards, PC
IT Architect / Senior System Specialist @ Part of the Engineering team (specializing in automation), create, support and manage IT infrastructure to help the NOC and the system administrators’ team for services delivered to customers over 3 datacenters in Canada, the United States and Germany in PCI environments.
• Think, develop and install the Linux clients infrastructure (on VMWare) shared by environments. Built infrastructure systems such as electronic messages (Exim, Postfix), time synchronization (NTP), LDAP, Radius, NFS, SFTP, inventory (OCS Inventory) to provide a stable environment.
• Implementation of the automation system with Puppet (installation/configuration/maintenance) to totally control a new PCI environment including the entire configuration of every Linux servers.
• Installation and configuration of a centralized system servers management (Mcollective) to manage all environments (update servers, reports, command lines, scripts, etc. ..) allowing to work on many servers from a central point and avoiding repetitive work.
• Build and incorporate a system of version control (Subversion, SVN) to control and monitor changes in configuration files for the Puppet and the monitoring system.
• Install and configure (Active Directory, LDAP, SSH, Sudo, Radius) secure connection system to control access to Linux servers (and networks), thus enabling the centralized management of user rights.
• Create and install a password manager tool to change regularly and automatically root passwords on linux servers to control and keep a secure and hardened operating system for PCI requirements.
• Configure and maintain VMWare (vlans, vswitch, templates, monitoring, vmtools) tools with a great flexibilty in the administration of customer environments and infrastructure.
• Administer Netapp SAN mounts on VMware hosts and NFS linux servers to centralize files on an efficient and secure tool.
• Setting up servers and interconnect material in a datacenter (Frankfurt / Germany) to construct a new PCI environment. From October 2012 to Present (3 years 1 month) Montreal, Canada AreaSystem administrator @ Support and administer infrastructure and network services delivered to customers with three datacenters in USA in a SOX-PCI environment.
• Configured and administrated more than 2000 physical and virtual servers (VMware, Windows. CentOS, Sun Solaris) from an automatic installation and configuration system (Cfengine 3).
• Created and implemented an automatic installation/configuration system for physical servers (VMWare ESX 4.1, ESXi 5.0) and virtual servers (CentOS 5 et 6, Windows 2008) with scripts shell, Kickstart and Puppet.
• Installed and configured a secured login system (Active Directory, LDAP, SSH, Sudo) to control users access on Linux / Unix servers providing a safety user rights management.
• Managed projects to create and install updates for OS services (YUM) offering a safe and updated environments.
• Updated and supported company’s applications for customers (java, http, sftp). Also initialized the project to improve the installation system (centralized repositories, one single system to install and update applications)
• Installed and configured whole environments for new customers (ESX hosts, CentOS and Windows virtual servers, applications configurations). From July 2011 to October 2012 (1 year 4 months) Montreal, Canada AreaNetwork and System administrator @ Support and administer infrastructure and network services delivered to customers with five datacenters (two in Montreal, one in Panama, one in Curucao and one in England).
• Managed, configured and installed 50 Linux servers (CentOS, Gentoo), 3 virtual servers (VMWare) and the network equipment (switches, routers).
• Created and installed a ticketing system (osTicket) to manage, organize and archive IT incidents and projects.
• Implemented and configured a system of documentation (Wiki) and wrote numerous documentations of systems and services providing a gain of time in case of need of maintenance or training.
• Installed, configured and managed firewalls, VPN (IPSec et Openvpn),, DNS (tinydns), http (apache) and emails (postfix), all essentially based on OpenSource products, which significantly reduced the costs of listing applications.
• Improved the monitoring system (Nagios et Cacti), created the backup system and update security of servers to avoid potential safety problems and data lost.
• Installed and used a network sniffer (Snort), an Intrusion Detection System (Ossec) to watch security issues on them and a logs system (Audit) to have alert for every modification on the system.
• Created and installed a OpenSource mail system (Zimbra) to save money on licenses. From May 2010 to May 2011 (1 year 1 month) Montreal, Canada AreaNetwork and System administrator @ Support and administer infrastructure and network services delivered to customers at three Datacenters (two in Montreal and one in the United States).
• Managed, configured and installed approximately 400 Linux servers (CentOS, Redhat Enterprise Linux and Oracle), 5 Sun Solaris Unix servers (SunOS 9 and 10) and 12 virtual servers (VMWare and Xen), which significantly reduced costs and time related to implementation and overall administration.
• Created, installed and managed installation service and automatic configuration of kickstart and cfengine2 servers, thereby reducing installation time from 2 hours to 15 minutes.
• Managed, installed and configured hardware storage (SAN and Storage Array) to support volume of company data and interconnection equipment (100) comprised of Cisco switches, console server, firewall (Fortigate, Checkpoint, iptables, FreeBSD), and loadbalancer. Delivered a reliable, efficient, and controlled internal network.
• Designed and managed a project that successfully implemented a complete backup system for production data, which could restore more than 500 GB of data in the event of data loss or error.
• Installed, configured and supported services to internal and external applications (DHCP, DNS, http, FTP) and databases (MySQL, Oracle, Weblogic, Java). Updated integration and production environments with CVS to effectively track products sold to customers.
• Managed projects to create and install updates for OS service (YUM), servers, and service monitors (MRTG, Nagios, MON), which increased reliability and provided 24/7 functionality to company services.
• Wrote "shell scripts" to automate service procedures that optimized the preventive maintenance process. From December 2006 to November 2009 (3 years) Montreal, Canada AreaUnix Technician @ Unix Technician (Level 2)
Support and manage web applications and Windchill for Airbus customers throughout Europe (promotion less than one year after the last job).
• Diagnosed, anticipated and resolved second level incidents on 20 Unix applications (Windchill for A380) to maintain assembly line operations for Airbus customers.
• Approved and implemented application updates and validated environments, achieving optimal production levels.
• Provided support to Oracle database administrators for changes, updates, and performance management.
Unix Technician (Level 1)
Supervise and support Level 1 applications for Airbus (promotion three months after the last job).
• Supervised, re-launched and resolved first level incidents on Unix applications and Oracle databases to assist the Level 2 team.
• Managed backups and restores for a majority of Airbus company users, (more than 30,000 people) and provided support in the event of errors or data loss.
• Wrote technical documents that detailed application functions, ensuring proper maintenance and quick resolution of system/application issues.
Created and administered user accounts for Airbus across Europe.
• Managed user access on Microsoft domains (Windows 2000 Server and NT4), an IBM mainframe, and Unix, as well as email accounts on Lotus Notes. From August 2004 to September 2006 (2 years 2 months) Toulouse Area, FranceIT Technician @ Provided support to company hardware users, particularly external agencies throughout France, and maintained UNIX servers.
• Installed and managed 130 CPU and 14 servers, particularly Unix SCO 2 servers, at company headquarters and 12 branches (mainly external). Created user accounts and email fields, ensuring fast, effective intra-agency communication. From July 2003 to July 2004 (1 year 1 month) Toulouse Area, FranceIT Technician @ Installed and managed hardware as part of graduate studies program.
• Installed and managed 210 CPUs and 25 servers (Windows 2000 server and Linux) with purchasing management, backup and email accounts (Lotus Notes) to optimize and support users work. From January 2001 to January 2003 (2 years 1 month) Paris Area, France
BTS Informatique Administrateur Systeme et Reseau @ ADRAR - Toulouse From 2001 to 2003 Alexandre Grange is skilled in: DNS, VMware, Solaris, Apache, Linux, TCP/IP, Servers, Windows Server, VMware ESX, Unix, Firewalls, Shell Scripting, VPN, Nagios, Data Center, Puppet, Red Hat Linux, Active Directory
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension