Technical Program, Microsoft (MCP, MCSA, MCSE), Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), Oracle (OCP), and Linux @
ICTP - Anaheim, CA
IT Professional expert in the design and delivery of cost-effective, high-performance technology solutions in support of rapid national and international growth with budget responsibilities up to $20 million annually. Skilled in all phases of the project life cycle, from initial feasibility analysis and conceptual design through implementation and enhancement. Effective at building culturally diverse, team-centered operating units,
IT Professional expert in the design and delivery of cost-effective, high-performance technology solutions in support of rapid national and international growth with budget responsibilities up to $20 million annually. Skilled in all phases of the project life cycle, from initial feasibility analysis and conceptual design through implementation and enhancement. Effective at building culturally diverse, team-centered operating units, with excellent business process and strategy development skills. Customer-centric with the ability to initiate profitable alliances with global vendors and suppliers. Key core qualifications include:
• GLOBAL VOICE/DATA TELECOMMUNICATIONS
• IT INFRASTRUCTURE DESIGN & IMPLEMENTATION
• IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT
• GLOBAL IT DELIVERY & DATA CENTER OPERATIONS
• TECHNOLOGY ARCHITECTURE & INTEGRATION
• CAPITAL PLANNING AND BUDGETING MANAGEMENT
Specialties: My area of expertise is from architecture, design, implementation and operations of Voice and Data Network to infrastructure technologies supporting multisites and multinational infrastructure platforms led by the most critical, complex, and hard time-sensitive IT projects.
Successfully delivered platforms operating with high availability and cost efficiency to be or to remain in compliance with different security and clients requirements like PCI-DSS, SOX, SAS70, ISO27001, and others.
Senior Network Engineer @ • Responsible to design and deliver Data Center and Hosting solutions leveraging Ethernet and Fiber Channel Switching, and Unified Computing Systems technology solutions to new and existing customers throughout Southern California area; Partner with sales teams to develop architectures leveraging server, storage, and switching technologies to deliver value-driven technology solutions.
• Responsible for architecture, design, implementation and support of a Service Provider Network Infrastructure operation. Configure, install, administer, and operate telecommunications systems that support high internet, MPLS, and phone connectivity including local and long distance.
• Educate customers on products, technologies, and solutions offerings. Analyze customers' challenges and needs, design and present strategies and ROIs, and assist in deploying technologies and best practices across enterprise data centers.
• Provides support and scaling of IP-Telephony solutions
• Provides support when necessary to assist, troubleshoot, or diagnose network issues
• Document support related issues and common tasks performed by local staff and create step by step procedures. From September 2011 to June 2013 (1 year 10 months) Downtown Los Angeles CASolutions Manager @ Solutions Manager for one of the largest telecommunication providers and manufacture in the world (Huawei Technologies); responsible to provide technical and service solutions to meet customer needs in the Central America and Caribbean region; in addition to own the overall VAS customer relationship and profitable sales within America Mobil group (Claro);
• Responsible to provide the technical solution, based on architecture and design, for any carrier-class, ISP’s or telecommunication company in Central America and the Caribbean region; • Responsible to promote and increase revenue to the organization by promoting Huawei solutions to operators. The total team sales in different projects exceed $100M in 2010 for the Central America and Caribbean region; From June 2010 to May 2011 (1 year) GuatemalaManager of Technology @ Managed all IT resource planning budgeting and operational initiatives for a Multinational BPO company distributed across sites located at US and Latin America. Hold autonomous decision-making authority for all IT development and expansion issues, with a focus on IT organization design, voice and data communications, system integration, emerging technologies, enterprise architectures, data center operations, strategic alliances and data security. Managed 5 direct and 60 indirect professionals at 9 locations in 4 countries with a $10M operating/capital budget. Report to the President/CEO. From February 2007 to June 2009 (2 years 5 months) GuatemalaSenior Manager of IT Operations - Americas Region @ Responsible of the IT Operation (Americas Region) for a Fortune 1000 company that includes over 25+ offices, distribution centers, and sale centers. My overall duties include the management and leadership for the following divisions: Desktop and Business Support, Network and Infrastructure Services, Operations Project Management, Database and Application Systems, and Telecommunications Services. From January 2006 to February 2007 (1 year 2 months) Torrance CANetwork Manager – Systems Consultant @ My overall duties include the management and leadership for the network voice and data services for a word-wide financial company. Direct responsible for the largest Nortel VoIP Network in California with over 800+ call center stations. From January 2004 to January 2006 (2 years 1 month) San Fernando CAMIS Manager @ Leader of the 24x7 IT technology department for an international financial company consisting of over 14 branch offices world wide. Direct responsible for the IT administration and operation for the data center that included but not limited to over 150+ mission critical servers along with 300+ call centers seats. From January 2002 to January 2004 (2 years 1 month) Cerritos CA
MBA, Global Technology Management @ American InterContinental University From 2002 to 2004 Technical Program, Microsoft (MCP, MCSA, MCSE), Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), Oracle (OCP), and Linux @ ICTP - Anaheim, CA From 2002 to 2003 BS, Computer Science and Electronic Engineering @ Universidad Francisco Marroquín From 1992 to 1996 Alejandro Ovalle is skilled in: SDLC, Telecommunications, IT Service Management, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Information Security, ITIL, Leadership, Database Design, Integration, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Data Center, Business Process, Enterprise Architecture, CRM
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension