Co-Founder / Chief Operating Officer / Board Member @
University of Pennsylvania
Results-driven analytical executive, part of the senior management team in three startups. Background in statistics, marketing, finance and writing. I enjoy the creative process as well as using metrics to analyze and solve difficult problems. Managing people is fun, too. I spend my days working in the office, my evenings with my wife & kids, my late
Results-driven analytical executive, part of the senior management team in three startups. Background in statistics, marketing, finance and writing. I enjoy the creative process as well as using metrics to analyze and solve difficult problems. Managing people is fun, too. I spend my days working in the office, my evenings with my wife & kids, my late nights working online and my "free" time (12am - 6am) writing my third & fourth novels (my first was published in 18 languages and sold over 1 million copies; I'm big in Germany, Japan and Turkey (go figure)).
Chief Operating Officer / Interim Chief Financial Officer / Board Member @ Noom, Inc. is a mobile health company that harnesses the power of technology and the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change programs that scale.
Noom's research-backed products help people with pre-chronic and chronic conditions achieve real, positive outcomes. Noom was awarded a grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and was selected to participate in the 2014 New York Digital Health Accelerator (NYDHA) through which it has launched pilot programs with Aetna, New York Presbyterian and Greater Buffalo United Accountable Health Network.
Noom’s apps boast more than 35 million installs worldwide and its flagship app, Noom Coach for Android, has been the #1 top grossing Health and Fitness App in the Google Play Store for more than three years. Noom has offices in New York City, Berlin, Seoul and Tokyo. From June 2013 to Present (2 years 6 months) Greater New York City AreaNovelist @ Wrote two novels: IMPROBABLE and EMPATH(Y), both past-paced thrillers that combined history with modern theories of mathematics, probability, quantum physics, psychology, philosophy and religion. Together the books sold over one million copies worldwide and were translated in a total of 18 languages. Received rave reviews from People Magazine along with endorsements by other novelists including Clive Cussler and Caleb Carr.
• U.S. Publisher: William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins
• Translations: Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Taiwanese and Turkish
• Insanely popular in Turkey: http://youtu.be/DG57aEY6yxA From September 2002 to Present (13 years 3 months) VP, Marketing & Analytics @ Executive Team, P&L Responsibility, Market Research, Online Marketing,
Branding, National TV Campaign, Social Media, Loyalty Program,
Email Segmentation, Analytics, Strategic Planning, Operations
Oversee all marketing and analytics since inception of the e-commerce start-up
• Key member of executive team that has raised $50M+ in funding.
• Manage all market research and branding efforts, including all related agencies
• Negotiate and oversee entire media budget (annual budget $9M)
• Launched and oversee first national television campaign
• Responsible for driving 2.5 million people to become OpenSky members
• Supervise all social media activity, which has driven over 300K Facebook likes in 12 months
• Devise and manage all email campaigns, including all segmentation and promotional tactics
• Direct all day-to-day operations of marketing team, including PR and affiliate marketing From 2009 to June 2013 (4 years) Co-Founder / Chief Operating Officer / Board Member @ Executive Team, Fundraising, P&L Responsibility, Branding, Email Marketing,
Business Development, Strategic Planning, Operations
Raised $1.6M to fund a video startup with the #1 open source online media player.
Managed the operation from no revenues to profitability with an annual run rate of $5M.
• Wrote strategic business plan
• Researched industry background and trends
• Developed five-year financial model
• Created investor presentations
• Managed day-to-day operations
• Led all business development initiatives From April 2007 to September 2009 (2 years 6 months) Chief Operating Officer @ Executive Team, P&L Responsibility, Analytics, Operations
Oversaw P&L and all operational activities for $100 million business with 375 employees. Managed GMs of the About Network’s four profit centers: About.comtm (5th most visited site on the Internet), Sprinkstm (proprietary pay-for-performance search engine), About Direct (email marketing unit with over 25 million subscribers) and About Webservices (webhosting service with over two million webmasters). From 2001 to 2001 (less than a year) General Manager @ P&L Responsibility, Operations
Managed a department of 100 professionals and technologists responsible for all aspects of online distribution for Sprinks, a proprietary pay-for-performance search engine (ultimately acquired by Google). Responsible for initial partner solicitation, contract negotiation to technical implementation. P&L responsibilities, budgeting, forecasting and employee evaluations.
• Structured all deals, negotiate contracts and facilitate strategic partnerships
• Managed a customer service and partner negotiation team
• Performed financial analyses to identify profitable business opportunities
• Supervised product management team to develop technical innovations From January 2000 to December 2000 (1 year) SVP, Marketing @ Business Development, Online Marketing
Ran business development team which developed strategic partnerships with advertisers for integrated placement throughout the About Network.
• Personally generated over $10 million in revenue
• Responsible for all final deal structure terms, negotiations and financial analyses
Responsible for all aspects of marketing for About.com including: customer acquisition, distribution deals, creative development, affiliate program, site integration with acquired partners, cross promotional efforts and business development.
• Launched the Luna Network, a proprietary ad network with over 1,100 partner sites
• Created and implement all offline advertisements and promotions
• Worked with all aspects of marketing, public relations, sales, operations, and business development to ensure consistency to the About.com brand
Responsible for bringing the About Network’s Media Metrix ranking of web traffic from #30 to #5 through media buying, strategic partnerships and the launch of an affiliate program. From January 1999 to December 1999 (1 year) Market Research Manager @ Segmentation Modeling, Analytics
Responsible for proprietary database of over 10 million members of music and video mail order club members. Managed the design of all targeted marketing programs which resulted in a 40% increase in targeted revenue.
• Performed financial analyses to identify profitable segmentation opportunities
• Supervised operations unit on the implementation of targeted promotions
• Managed team of analysts responsible for all targeted marketing and statistical modeling
• Created mathematical models used to increase membership retention and acquisition.
• Researched music industry trends and prepared competitive analyses. From 1993 to 1996 (3 years)
MBA @ Stanford University Graduate School of Business From 1996 to 1998 M.A., Regional Science @ University of Pennsylvania From 1988 to 1992 B.S., Economics @ University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School From 1988 to 1992 Adam Fawer is skilled in: Strategic Partnerships, E-commerce, Product Management, Online Advertising, Digital Media, Start-ups, Digital Marketing, SEM, SEO, Digital Strategy, Social Media Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Monetization, Business Development, Social Media
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension