Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), General Studies @
Cyber Tactics Chief Executive Officer with over 15 years of corporate leadership experience with a major focus on security, policy and governance. Experienced in IT security operations, project planning, oversight, budgeting, design and implementation. Extensive experience with Department of Defense, federal and commercial customers. Well versed in managing and implementing security technical process solutions in line with
Cyber Tactics Chief Executive Officer with over 15 years of corporate leadership experience with a major focus on security, policy and governance. Experienced in IT security operations, project planning, oversight, budgeting, design and implementation. Extensive experience with Department of Defense, federal and commercial customers. Well versed in managing and implementing security technical process solutions in line with latest methodologies, standards and best practices. Posses a Masters Degree in Systems Engineering and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. Widely recognized by Federal clients for completing projects under budget and on time while maintaining the highest quality service and deliverables.
President @ • System Design Support
o Secure Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
o Secure Enterprise Architecture / Engineering
o Identity and Access Management
o Policy and Planning
o Mission Alignment and Strategy
o Secure Lifecycle Design
o Security Research
o Threat Assessments
o Application Security Assessments
o IV&V / Certification and Accreditation
o Penetration Testing (Red/Blue Team)
o Risk Analysis
• Design, integrate and maintain digital forensics systems
• Lead and support enterprise digital forensics investigations
• Incident Response, Advanced Memory Analysis, Malware Reverse Engineering, Remediation
• Monitoring Program Support
o Data Loss Prevention
o SOC Operations and Monitoring
o Continuous Compliance / Continuous Monitoring From April 2013 to Present (2 years 9 months) Cyber Security Sr. Program Manager @ Sr. Program Manager of Cyber Security
•Project Manager of Information Assurance and operational risk management for SAICs cyber division
•Manage multiple cyber security programs, including DoD, DHS, Security Exchange Commission, International Atomic Energy Agency and commercial customers.
•Experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships, communicating value propositions, managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
•Responsible for the hiring of staff, program budgets, and development of new business
•Proposal and Capture manager RFPs and RFIs related to cyber security and information assurance.
•Designed a Cyber Forensic and Malware platform used in Computer Network Defense (CND)
•Manage commercial digital media forensics and malware analysis teams as part of the incident response.
Principal Cyber Security Engineer
•Forensic Expert, responsible for digital media forensics and malware analysis as part of the incident response team using EnCase. Focus on Advanced Persistent Threat. Efforts include triaging network security breaches by isolating and acquiring devices in forensically-safe manner and examining them for hidden root-kits and malicious software and activity.
•Manage and execute DoD Red and Blue Team exercises against deployed networks and systems. Approved hacking and exploit methods are used to isolate and exploit the vulnerabilities in the networks and make recommendations to improve network security.
•Responsible for deploying enterprise-wide solutions in the DoD network. Efforts include evaluation, testing, designing and implementing customized solutions to meet requirements of DISA GIG customer base.
•Perform Cyber Command Readiness Inspections (CCRI – Previously known as SRR)
•Perform HIPAA assessments
•ISSO – Information System Security Officer for DHS TSA From August 2005 to April 2013 (7 years 9 months) Consultant @ • Led securing assessments, developing information security strategies, conducting security assessments, and implementing security solutions to assist businesses with the assessment and improvement of their security infrastructure.
• Designed and implemented network security policy.
• Consulted on security system design
• Designed the Bank of Tokyo’s global Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) infrastructure.
• Led meetings and conference calls and presented to large groups.
• Conducted external and internal penetration assessments.
• Performed reviews of UNIX, Windows, Firewall, IDS, VPN, and other network configurations for compliance with corporate security controls or government standards including Sarbanes-Oxley 404, Statement on Auditing Standards 70, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, National Information Assurance C&A Process (NIST)
• Designed security infrastructure and performance reviews. Conducted process and technology reviews of IDS systems.
• Designed and recommended strategies for implementation of ISS IDS, including perimeter and internal locations. Reviewed and recommended Service Level Agreements, and assessed large scale Microsoft environments and recommendations for patch management and server hardening. From January 2004 to September 2005 (1 year 9 months) Lead Systems Security Engineer @ • Designed and implemented network security policy
• Assisting the DOT to meet all Department of Homeland Security Standards requirements
• Providing security recommendations and solutions
• Supplying risk assessment analysis and supporting evaluations to fulfill the accreditation and certification review processes
• Managing 100 node Internet Security Systems RealSecure architecture performing incident response handling, security audits, penetration scans and system hardening
• Mining data analysis using products such as Silent Runner, Iris and NAI Sniffer and Infinistream for security incident and forensic investigations
• Monitoring a security architecture model of Cisco PIX Firewall’s including multiple DMZ environments and state full fail-over at all required points in the infrastructure such as T1 circuits, DS3 circuits, Dial-in circuits, Wireless LAN, remote satellite offices and sensitive segments.
• Overseeing Network Associates’ Distribute Sniffers; which are integrated into the infrastructure at all required Ethernet, Gigabit Fiber, T1, T1 ATM and DS3 ATM circuits.
• Designing and implementing Network Sensors throughout the infrastructure From February 2003 to December 2003 (11 months) Senior Analyst @ From 2002 to 2003 (1 year)
Master of Engineering, Systems Engineering @ The George Washington University From 2009 to 2011 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), General Studies @ Providence College From 1995 to 2000 Adam Capuano PMP CISSP is skilled in: Cybersecurity, Computer Forensics, Project Management, PMP, CISSP, Information Assurance, Compliance, Computer Security, Network Security, Information Security, DoD, Security Audits, Integration, Intrusion Detection, IDS
Looking for a different
Adam Capuano PMP CISSP?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension