Senior Manager, Human Resources @ American Thoracic Society
Human Resources Generalist @ Noam Management Consulting
Relationship Manager @ Kotak Securities Limited
B.B.A, HR @
GGS Indraprastha University
With a strong passion for enhancing human capital, my experience till date has helped me refine my understanding of human resources management and consistently develop Knowledge, Skills and Abilities in this domain. It has given me an opportunity to get exposed to and take responsibility of several HR initiatives (operational & strategic) across organizations with domestic and
With a strong passion for enhancing human capital, my experience till date has helped me refine my understanding of human resources management and consistently develop Knowledge, Skills and Abilities in this domain. It has given me an opportunity to get exposed to and take responsibility of several HR initiatives (operational & strategic) across organizations with domestic and global presence.
My professional endeavor is directed towards developing expertise in the area of strategic human resource management, engaging in best talent management practices globally, actively networking with the best in the Industry & attaining and retaining value based business relationships.
My experience in human resource consulting and now even more rigorous and in depth exposure to human resource management at the American Thoracic Society constantly brings me face to face with a number of plummeting challenges at a workplace that go beyond employee relations, adherence to regulations, ethical business conduct and creative talent management practices. It continues to fuel my passion for HR and contribute in my growth as a professional.
Specialties: Change Management, Recruitment & New hire orientation, Benefits administration, Performance management, Training & Development, Job Analysis and Job Evaluation, HR Communication, Employee relations and other Strategic HR Alignment initiatives.
Senior Manager, Human Resources @ Managing the operational as well as strategic aspects of Human Capital Management; Working closely with the Director of Human Resources to achieve departmental goals. Primary responsibilities include:
• Training & Development: Manage and plan learning activities and training opportunities for staff, Identify and assess training and development needs of individuals and teams and create developmental plans; Identifying mentoring & coaching opportunities; Conducting Job evaluations
• Employee Relations: Ensuring compliance with State employment laws and Organizational Policies; Managing sensitive and confidential employee information and leading difficult conversations with Managers and staff; Mentoring and Coaching staff on evolving and potential issues
• Recruitment & New Hire Orientation: Managing full cycle of recruitment for exempt and non-exempt positions; Manage the entire on-boarding process.
• Performance Management: Manage the full cycle of performance management from assessing needs, goal setting, interim evaluations, final evaluation, consistently manage and document performance issues.
• HR Budgeting & Planning: Develop and comply with the Budgetary allocations, monitor and correct deviations; explore cost reduction opportunities
• Compensation & Benefits: Design and administer Employee Benefits package, manage open enrollment process and annual renewals, evaluate existing benefit packages and recommend enhancements
• Change management: Continuously look for process and job enrichment opportunities in line with the strategic plan of the organization; act as a change agent for various department initiatives;
• HRIS & Payroll administration: Manage the payroll process in conjunction with Payroll Administrator; maintain all employee information on the HRIS system
•Maintain and monitor Time & Attendance system
• Exit Management: Conduct and evaluate exit interviews and manage feedback as necessary; track turnover information and make recommendations From August 2010 to Present (5 years 5 months) Greater New York City AreaHuman Resources Generalist @ Analysing the existing and potential areas of concern for management and offering solutions to align the people processes and systems to the strategic intent of the organization.
• HR Project Management: Developing project plans, resource planning and tracking progress along with managing project timeline. Driving the internal team to accomplish project deadlines with each deliverable filtered through a series of quality checks.
• Strategic alignment: Understanding the strategic business needs and designing HR solutions to address the needs. Sensitizing the internal team around the same; establishing credible relationships with Senior Managers
• Corporate Communication: Monitoring the outbound and internal communication; detailing out project proposals. Leading discussions and presentations on projects.
Projects include :
- Performance Management Sytems/processes
- Training & Development
- Competency Assessments
- Internal Communication
- Exit Management
- Recruitment & Selection
- Job Descriptions
- Job Evaluation From August 2008 to July 2010 (2 years) Relationship Manager @ Scope of work done largely spread around active communication and coordination between the internal (portfolio management team) and the external (client base) stakeholders of the organization.
Relationship Management: Creating an amiable and mutually beneficial investment relationship between the High Net Worth clientele and Kotak Group. Assessing client requirements and keeping the product design team informed about the same.
Financial Planning: Providing Financial Planning assistance to High Net Worth Individuals in choosing the right combination of investment instruments. Coordinating between the fund/portfolio managers and clients with respect to the suitible portfolio management strategy.
Investment Advisory: Advising clients on various asset classes and financial instruments present in India for Investment. Generating avenues for fresh investments by clients in the Equity Market through Portfolio Management (Direct Equity and Mutual Funds), Debt Markets and Capital Guarantee products in accordance with their risk appetite. From May 2007 to July 2008 (1 year 3 months)
MBA, Marketing @ Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India, Hyderabad From 2005 to 2007 B.B.A, HR @ GGS Indraprastha University From 2001 to 2004 Modern Vidya NiketanSt. Joseph's ConventFairleigh Dickinson University Aashna Duggal Choudhary, PHR is skilled in: Performance Management, Talent Management, Human Resources, Recruiting, Employee Relations, Strategic HR, Screening, HRIS, Onboarding, Personnel Management, Employee Benefits, Management, Deferred Compensation, HR Consulting, Job Descriptions, Employment Law
Looking for a different
Aashna Duggal Choudhary, PHR?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension