International Exchange @
The Australian National University
Associate @ S3 Ventures is an early, expansion and growth stage venture capital firm with $200 million under management. We are focused on information technology solutions that solve large business problems. We also invest in medical devices that improve the human condition. S3 invests in category defining opportunity. We partner with the team and help focus methodically
Associate @ S3 Ventures is an early, expansion and growth stage venture capital firm with $200 million under management. We are focused on information technology solutions that solve large business problems. We also invest in medical devices that improve the human condition. S3 invests in category defining opportunity. We partner with the team and help focus methodically on what it takes to build a successful company. S3 invests primarily around the Southwest with a focus on Texas.
S3′s portfolio: Alkami Technology, BlueCava, Complex Media, Favor, Gravitant, Iconixx, Invodo, Kimbia, Metal Networks, OrthoAccel, Packet Design, Phunware, Pivot3, Pristine, Tango Health, TVA Medical and VUV Analytics. From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Austin, Texas AreaAnalyst @ Investment team analyst at a fundamental, research-oriented, long/short hedge fund focused on small to mid-cap U.S. & foreign equities. Have invested across all industries and geographies, with a specialization in the technology industry and Europe geography. From September 2011 to July 2013 (1 year 11 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaOwner @ Started an e-commerce business selling and exporting computer hardware focused on the liquidation and refurbished markets; in charge of purchasing, high end sales, customer service, and overall strategy
- Over $1mm of profitable revenue, with 50%+ from export deals in the Middle East.
- Exit by sale to largest customer; transitional advisor to combined entity with $6mm/year in run-rate revenue. From August 2005 to July 2012 (7 years) VP of Marketing; Co-Founder @ Co-developed business model; focused on strategy, marketing, expansion, and recruiting in a growing startup
- Designed a marketing strategy to grow revenue by $50,000 in one year and led campus expansion analysis. From January 2010 to January 2012 (2 years 1 month) Greater Los Angeles AreaAnalyst - Market Strategy and Resource Planning @ Provided internal consulting services to senior management through the evaluation of high-profile projects, usually in excess of $500 million dollars with a long term strategic planning impact and a renewable energy focus
- Modeled renewable energy integration and created a strategy to address the resultant organizational change. From April 2011 to August 2011 (5 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaAnalyst Intern @ Researched investment opportunities, prepared regulatory documents, and built financial models at a value focused oil and gas hedge fund From February 2011 to April 2011 (3 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaManagement Consulting Summer Analyst @ Gathered current processes, requirements, and key performance indicators, assisted in project management, and helped to define high level strategy for a three year, multi-million dollar, customer enablement initiative
- Developed a database of current processes and dependencies based on my meetings with client stakeholders. From May 2010 to August 2010 (4 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaIntern @ Scoped and executed programming, multimedia, and IT related projects in a start-up environment
- Led a four person development team to prototype an online presentation recording system (now a core product) From July 2004 to August 2007 (3 years 2 months) Washington D.C. Metro Area
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, 3.7 @ University of Southern California - Marshall School of Business From 2008 to 2010 International Exchange, Business Administration @ The Australian National University From 2009 to 2009 Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology Aaron Perman is skilled in: Financial Analysis, Financial Modeling, Investment Management, Alternative Investments, Hedge Funds, Business Analysis, Business Strategy, Finance, Strategic Planning, Valuation, Equities, Investments, Analysis, Corporate Finance, Forecasting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension