Passionate agile tester with a technical background, combining wide-ranging experience with strong analytical skills and a common-sense pragmatic approach to strategy, management and leadership. Comprehensive experience of the full software development life-cycle on a variety of challenging projects, both as a tester and previously as a developer. Good understanding of business value. Actively challenges the status quo
Passionate agile tester with a technical background, combining wide-ranging experience with strong analytical skills and a common-sense pragmatic approach to strategy, management and leadership. Comprehensive experience of the full software development life-cycle on a variety of challenging projects, both as a tester and previously as a developer. Good understanding of business value. Actively challenges the status quo to make improvements. Picks up new tools and tech on the job. Personable and professional.
Furthering my experience with PHP, C#, Java, Selenium WebDriver for test automation, BDD & agile-suitable testing frameworks.
I like to work in small agile software development teams where I can get to know everyone & foster collaboration to help the team perform better. For me, it's all about the team & what I can bring to it. Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than helping others and making a difference.
* People matter; invest in people before technology & tools.
* Quick & valuable feedback is key.
* Quality is a shared responsibility, built-in every at every step; it cannot be "tested in" at the end.
* Acceptance tests should be simple to write in the (ubiquitous) language of the business.
* Test automation should be open to all, not just the select few technical specialists.
* The purpose & intent of a test is paramount. Too often nobody knows why certain tests exist.
Specialities: Test Strategy, Agile, Test Automation, BDD, Early Feedback, Developer Pairing, Continuous Improvement, Scrum, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, Acceptance & Exploratory Testing, Web Testing, Functional Testing
Familiar with: .NET, C#, PHP, NUnit, Git, Testing Frameworks, CI, Jenkins, WebDriver, Selenium, APIs, SQL, SpecFlow, Behat, Continuous Delivery, JIRA, Confluence, Mingle
Exposure to: Java, JUnit, NUnit, PHPUnit , Cucumber, TFS, SVN, MSpec, Twist, FitNesse, FIT, WPF, WinForms, MVC, XP, SEO, Accessibility, JS, jQuery, Cruise Control, Team City, Bamboo, Go
Head of Quality Assurance @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Test Architect @ Took a holistic view of quality to define the test strategy and improve software delivery. Provided coaching & thought leadership. QA team leadership, mentoring and hands-on technical testing, including automation. Collaborative support of developers. Responsible for the hiring of QAs.
Introduced BDD and CD to the digital team. Implemented BDD using Behat with Mink (PHP). Built Jenkins release pipelines, traditional & Continuous Delivery (CD), to automate the release process:
* All tests executed automatically at Pull Request stage: Unit to Acceptance
* automatic post-merge BDD tests (staging)
* Post-deployment checks: systems integration health checks at the service level, headless browser scenarios and browser-based website usage (Selenium)
Goals for 2015:
* Improve production monitoring
* Improve the search user experience
* Up-skill QA Engineers, primarily in automation, both testing & delivery
* Mature the BDD process to properly drive development
* Speed up the delivery pipeline
Digital team goals for 2014:
* Continuous Delivery
* Crowd-sourced code reviews
* Regular backlog grooming
Personal goals for 2014:
* Introduce BDD to scrum teams
* Strategic transition to CD, starting with new projects
* Reduce manual regression testing effort through automation
* Become proficient in Time Out's tech stack
* Motivate the QA team to attend after work talks, try new things, reduce fear of failure
* Make what we do more interesting and enjoyable
Business goals for 2014:
* Globalisation - more cities on our Global Platform
* Social, Local, Mobile - a responsive and personalised cross-platform website
* Fear of Missing Out - an engaging web experience
* Time Out in a Box - packaging our website for licensed partners
Reporting to the Chief Architect and CTO.
PHP, JS, Solr, MySQL, Jenkins, Responsive website, Selenium Grid & WebDriver, Behat with Mink, Windows, Linux, Mac. From September 2013 to August 2015 (2 years) Test Lead (contract) @ Assisting the mobile development scrum team toward the goal of improving the delivery pipeline.
* test management and leadership
* helping with the adoption of BDD
* developing a test strategy, incorporating use of mind maps
* starting the automation of tests by building a Selenium WebDriver framework
* cross-team process improvement
* working in the trenches with easyJet's in-house testers
* collaboration with the MTT (3rd party) development team based in Dublin and Manila From June 2013 to August 2013 (3 months) Lead QA & Test Automation Engineer (contract) @ Member of the "Breaking Bad" core services & APIs development team with 3 developers and an architect. Performing back-end testing with a BDD approach, incorporating C#, MSpec, NUnit, TeamCity, SQL, GIT and exploratory testing. Assisting with regression testing when needed. From March 2013 to May 2013 (3 months) QA Developer @ Embedded tester working closely with developers and BAs in small agile teams on The Train Line's large and complex software systems.
Responsibilities, external to the development team I am part of, include:
* Unifying our test automation strategy
* Understanding and extending existing 3rd party developed automated frameworks
* Enabling 3rd party test frameworks to be executed in-house
* Helping to skill up other testers
* Supporting the QA Manager in shaping & driving strategic improvements
* Assist in the recruitment of QA Developers
* Coaching teams in good agile practices
Products to date:
* Darwin Feed: Implementing real-time timetable updates (e.g. bad weather, Olympics, etc.)
* Smart Routing: Optimising credit card payments
* Customer collection of season tickets on departure (TOD)
* Corporate Data Feeds
* Mobile Barcode Ticketing
* Tickets on Smartcards
Technology & Tools: .NET, C#, SpecFlow, WebDriver, FIT, FitNesse, Soap UI, NAnt, GIT, SVN, ThoughtWorks Go, Mingle, NUnit, Visual Studio 2010 From August 2011 to March 2013 (1 year 8 months) London, United KingdomAssociate Agile Test Analyst @ "PensionsFirst is a leading technology and financial solutions provider to the global defined benefit pensions industry." - Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, http://www.pensionsfirst.com/AboutUs/Awards.aspx
In a team of around 20 developers, BAs and testers on PFaroe Analytics, a web-based platform built on .NET, providing speedy, granular and accurate analysis of defined benefit pensions risk for non-actuarial pension managers, CFOs, treasurers and trustees.
Agile development, exploratory testing with automation using FIT. Building a new UI testing framework using C#, Selenium 2, Web Driver.
"PFaroe is a unique business intelligence platform, allowing the global pensions industry to change the way it measures and manages funding and risk." PFaroe, GPS for pensions: http://www.pensionsfirst.com/Analytics/PFaroe.aspx
Using: .NET, Fit, Selenium 2, Web Driver, C#, SQL, MVC, VS 2010, TFS, Cubes, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services From February 2011 to July 2011 (6 months) Agile Test Analyst (Associate) @ Engaged by Virgin Atlantic Airways to represent them in the Agile team at LBi, a digital media solutions agency hired to redesign Virgin's website and develop the software, based on Adobe's Day CMS.
Performing exploratory testing and developing automated functional tests using Twist with Java and Selenium that run on check-in as part of the CI build. Working closely with developers to resolve issues and improve quality through early feedback. Also providing feedback to Product Owner to assist with writing User Stories and Acceptance Criteria at the right level of granularity, using the right language. Regular liason with VAA's offsite test management team and IT Project Manager. From July 2010 to February 2011 (8 months) Software Testing Consultant (Contract) @ HML are Homeloan Management Limited, a subsidiary of the Skipton Group based in North Yorkshire. Providing software testing services for the onboarding of mortgage lenders to their in-house mortgage administration Jade system.
Selenium Test Automation through Selenium IDE and Bromine (PHP) on a matrix of OS - Browser combinations. SQL Server Management Studio to test, analyse and develop data import scripts. Developers used Eclipse with Subversion (SVN), Maven and JUnit.
Produce global features used worldwide on MSN websites, and tools used by our editorial teams. Automated tests written in C#. Fitnesse and Selenium used in test automation framework. Visual Studio with Team Foundation Server for source control and development. From July 2006 to June 2009 (3 years) Senior Test Consultant @ Consultant senior testing role at various companies across a variety of sectors; Finance, Media, Gaming, Communciations, Government, Energy. Primarily focussed on test methodology and process, analysis, test case design and coverage, defect management, forging close working relationships between developers and testers, providing management with meaningful metrics and direct feedback on project health and progress.
Customer projects included: Microsoft MSN [2½yrs], Consignia/The Post Office [1yr], Microsoft MSO [8mths], LCH.Clearnet/London Clearing House [7mths], BSkyB/Sky, RBS/Royal Bank of Scotland/Natwest, Visa Europe, Virgin Energy, Camelot, Hutchison 3G From 2001 to 2006 (5 years) Contract Developer @ Sponsored to work in Perth, Western Australia to implement GST (Australian Goods and Services Tax, like VAT) globally. From June 1999 to May 2000 (1 year) Contract Developer @ Contracts at various Stockbrokers and Investment Banks such as UBS, NatWest, Investec, etc. From 1992 to 1999 (7 years) Senior Analyst/Programmer @ Rhyme were formerly ACT Financial systems (part of the MISYS group), before that Quotient and CCF. Senior technician for development and support of FISCAL, a financial software system used by various Stockbrokers and Investment Banks in the City of London, specialising in Portfolio Valuations. From March 1986 to June 1992 (6 years 4 months) Analyst/Programmer @ First job. Joined as a trainee programmer, working on in-house Shipping and Corporate Finance systems. From December 1983 to February 1986 (2 years 3 months)
Science, Physics with Astrophysics @ University of Leicester From 1982 to 1983 Mathematics, Physics, English @ Eastbury Comprehensive From 1975 to 1982 Wayne Peacock is skilled in: Agile Testing, Test Automation, Web Testing, Scrum, Selenium, Continuous Integration, Testing, Regression Testing, Test Strategy, Quality Assurance, Agile Methodologies, Usability Testing, Test Planning, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension