Assistant Vice President - Sales & Marketing - Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) - Mumbai @
SBI General Insurance
I am currently the Associate Director - Strategy and Governance, and Company Secretary, at The Fred Hollows Foundation, one of Australia's largest and most innovative international development organisations. Since joining in 2012, The Foundation has grown its revenue by 16% p.a. to AU$65 million in 2014, as well as grown its social impact with the support of
I am currently the Associate Director - Strategy and Governance, and Company Secretary, at The Fred Hollows Foundation, one of Australia's largest and most innovative international development organisations. Since joining in 2012, The Foundation has grown its revenue by 16% p.a. to AU$65 million in 2014, as well as grown its social impact with the support of 728,000 eye operations and treatments, the treatment of more than 7 million people with antibiotics, and the training of 56,000 health workers.
Prior to joining The Foundation, I built up a decade of experience in the private sector in roles responsible for strategy development and implementation, business advisory, operations (including sales and distribution), performance improvement, organisational change, and risk and governance. This included advisory roles in start-up organisations in Asia and Africa.
My passion? Exploring and developing new ideas, applying my strong business acumen to design - with others - innovative ways to take advantage of market opportunities and address business problems.
Associate Director (Strategy and Governance) and Company Secretary @ Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the global executive team to identify, design and drive the implementation of a range of strategic initiatives.
Led the development of The Foundation's 2014-2018 Strategic Plan (see link below).
Currently lead the following functions:
* Strategy, planning, and performance management, with a focus on organisational development;
* Project Management Office;
* Global governance, legal, risk and audit; and
* Finance (budgeting process). From October 2012 to Present (3 years 1 month) Sydney, NSWAssistant Vice President - SME Sales & Marketing - Mumbai @ Worked with my team to launch the company’s offering to small and medium enterprises (SME) into the Mumbai marketplace. This included successfully initiating the phased launch of five commercial insurance products, through four distribution channels, to achieve sales of over Rs 15 million Indian rupees (~ AU$250,000) from over 1,600 insurance policies.
Also led the redesign of select sales and distribution processes to improve performance. From 2011 to 2012 (1 year) Mumbai Area, IndiaCorporate Development Consultant - India @ Based in Mumbai and part of the establishment team tasked to establish and grow SBI General Insurance, a joint venture between Insurance Australia Group (IAG) and India's largest bank, State Bank of India (SBI).
Designed and established the strategic planning and performance management processes, as well as advised the CEO and divisional directors on the development of their first strategic plans and scorecards. Also developed the pan-India launch plan for retail and SME products. From 2010 to 2011 (1 year) Mumbai Area, IndiaManager - Group Strategy @ Managed a range of strategic projects across the Group, both domestically and internationally. Projects included international expansion, new market entry, strategic due diligence, portfolio strategy and resource allocation, product strategy, customer experience strategy, organisational design and restructuring, decision process design, partnership review and issues resolution, and exit strategy. Also developed training materials for IAG managers on strategic thinking.
* Tenure included a short leave-of-absence to consult (on a volunteer basis) in Rwanda From 2005 to 2010 (5 years) Sydney Area, AustraliaBusiness Development Consultant @ Advised dairy cooperatives in Rwanda on how to develop and expand their businesses, and secure commercial funding for continued growth. From 2008 to 2008 (less than a year) RwandaAnalyst - Supervision @ Analysed and supervised a portfolio of regulated financial institutions, applying a risk-based approach. From 2002 to 2005 (3 years) Brisbane and Sydney, AustraliaTutor - Quantitative Economics and Business Analysis @ From 2000 to 2002 (2 years) Brisbane Area, Australia
Graduate of Company Directors Course @ Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) From 2014 to 2014 Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, Finance, Investments @ CFA Institute From 2004 to 2007 Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), Accounting and Finance @ The University of Queensland From 1999 to 2003 Bachelor of Business Management, Business/Managerial Economics @ The University of Queensland From 1999 to 2003 Victoria Morris is skilled in: Strategy, Analysis, Business Development, Project Management, Strategic Planning, Stakeholder Management, Business Analysis, Business Process..., Project Planning, Risk Management, Operations Management, Start-ups, Performance Management, Governance, Management Consulting, Team Management, Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Analysis, Strategic Communications, Communication, Partnerships, Performance Improvement, Key Performance..., Leadership, Feasibility Studies, Management, Business Planning
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension