Manager of Financial Operations, Metro NY/NJ Divsion @
Central Bucks HS - East
Financial Manager with over 10 years of public and private accounting experience including "Big" Four" public auditing. Gained additional sales experience working for a global staffing and consulting firm. A team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills, including staff training. Core competencies include: US GAAP & IFRS Compliance, Accounting Operations, Corporate
Financial Manager with over 10 years of public and private accounting experience including "Big" Four" public auditing. Gained additional sales experience working for a global staffing and consulting firm. A team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills, including staff training. Core competencies include: US GAAP & IFRS Compliance, Accounting Operations, Corporate Tax Compliance, Financial Reporting & Analysis, Project Cost Accounting, Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance, Accounting Policy & Procedure, Internal Control Evaluation, Employee Benefit Accounting
Specialties:Homebuilding Controller, Public Accounting, Recruitment Services.
Controller @ From October 2012 to Present (3 years 1 month) Fairfield, NJChief Financial Officer @ Manage a department of 18 accountants through monthly close process, daily accounts payable and receivable functions, debt refinancing and cash flow forecasts. Responsible for Board presentations, covenant analysis, coordinate and manage relationship with external auditors to issue annual financial statements, as well as, NY State Department of Financial Services. Coordinate expeditious response with external lenders, to include monthly reporting, quarterly reporting, budgeting and forecasting, to ensure satisfaction with debt documents. From August 2011 to November 2012 (1 year 4 months) Brooklyn, NYController @ Manage day-to-day operations of accounting department, to include month end close process, coordination and continual improvement of Management Reporting. Handle ad hoc requests as required, coordinate and plan annual audit with external auditors, ensuring efficiencies gained where possible. From April 2011 to August 2011 (5 months) Account Executive @ Manage relationships with existing clientele and develop new business and relationships with recently established clients. Manage relationships with a pool of candidates and continuously seek new talent to meet client deliverables and market trends. Develop team members, building on the trust and reliability established as a proven leader in the group. From July 2009 to April 2011 (1 year 10 months) Vice President, Corporate Staff Financial Support @ Managed Retirement Plan assets in excess of $250MM, monitoring adherence to Investment Policy regarding the allocation of funds between asset classes. Provided financial support, internal reporting and analyses to the Human Resources Group, comprised of nine departments. Worked closely with Department Heads to develop annual departmental budgets and met monthly. to discuss budget versus actual results and detailed explanations of variances from budget. Consolidated budgets into the Group level and worked closely with the EVP to reduce the budget in order to meet requirements mandated by the Operating Effectiveness Committee.
• Improved the asset/liability matching model and process by developing an automated re-allocation of funds following the receipt of cash surrender value data from the various insurance companies and agents.
• Established a product coding system for Talent & Strategy Team that enabled an in depth monitoring of expenditures against budget and presented results to the Senior Vice President on a monthly basis.
• Initiated and spearheaded a process to invest in Global Asset Funds and Hedge Funds totaling $40MM for CIT Retirement Plan. Coordinated interviews with investment firms, review by internal and external legal counsel and liquidation of investments in other funds to ensure available funds for new investments.
• Spearheaded the timely filing of class action claim on behalf of defined contribution plan participants that led to the recovery of $800k held by a prior record keeper. Developed a manual calculation of the claim at the participant level versus the filing at the Trust level. From July 2007 to July 2008 (1 year 1 month) Controller, Metyro NY/NJ Division @ Managed the monthly, quarterly and year-end closing process and timely completion of internal and external reporting requirements. Ensured proper revenue recognition for the Division, and compliance with US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley. Worked closely with Area Vice President to develop reporting needed during an economic downturn, and with Construction and Land Development personnel to identify and mitigate overages in their respective communities and budgets. Conducted monthly Financial Excellence Meetings to identify and present to senior management cost-saving initiatives to preserve eroding margins. Updated feasibilities for existing economic environment, working closely with all departments to ensure the marketing plan, land development estimates, house cost estimates and project cycles were accurate prior to review by the Area Vice President. Acted as liaison to the Company's external auditors, coordinating support for year-end audit activities. Led a staff of six responsible for accounts payable, insurance compliance, general and project accounting and state and local taxes.
• Established Land Development BlackBooks that consolidated vendor contracts, change orders and estimates into one location to easily determine estimated cost to complete for land development for each community.
• Led the process of ensuring vendor compliance in accordance with recently updated corporate insurance requirements.
• Worked with field personnel to identify and establish cost saving initiatives ranging from tub and countertop protection to hardwood and tile floor protection, with a savings of approx. $120k/year. From 2007 to 2007 (less than a year) Manager of Financial Operations, Metro NY/NJ Divsion @ Managed the monthly closing process, working closely with peers to ensure books were closed on a timely basis for internal and external reporting to Corporate. Met with Construction personnel and Purchasing Team to control house costs, discuss budgets and identify overages, communicating to the Operations Committee on a monthly basis. Conducted monthly meetings to identify cost-saving initiatives. Acted as liaison to external auditors, coordinating year-end audit support activities.
• Implemented clubhouse construction accounting procedures within the Land Development Budget to ensure accurate estimated cost to complete, avoiding unexpected overages during the final stages of land development.
• Implemented and managed the Division's Office and Field document retention process in accordance with Corporate policy, ensuring communications were sent to all divisional personnel to coordinate the annual Clean Sweep process.
• Initiated monthly meetings with the Purchasing Team to identify any possible delays in contracting vendors for a new community - critical to identifying sales prices of construction models and ensuring anticipated gross margins of homes. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Experienced Senior Associate @ • Conduct audits of multinational corporations yielding reports in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS
• Coordinate tax, risk management and audit teams in generating multiple US GAAP reports, including Consolidated, Parent Company and Subsidiary financial statements
• Monitor provisions resulting from purchase accounting of acquired US company to comply with IFRS
• Perform review procedures, including debt/equity ratio, to issue comfort letters relating to private placement offerings in accordance with US GAAP From 2002 to 2005 (3 years) Senior Associate @ • Performed financial audits of private, governmental, not-for-profit organizations, planned and performed audits of 401(k) defined contribution plans through completion of ERISA reports, and implemented clients' accounting software.
• Lead audit of conversion cycle to include cost testing of raw materials, WIP and finished goods inventory
• Prepared Federal, State and Local income tax returns for corporations, partnerships and individuals
• Research various tax issues, including tax saving opportunities and tax minimization techniques for clientele From 1999 to 2002 (3 years) Sergeant @ From November 1991 to December 1998 (7 years 2 months) VariousStaff Accountant @ From 1994 to 1998 (4 years) Mainland, PA
BS, Accounting @ La Salle University From 1996 to 1998 Central Bucks HS - East From 1989 to 1991 Tom Meehan is skilled in: Accounting, Financial Reporting, US GAAP, Cash Flow, Auditing, Internal Controls, Accounts Payable, Analysis, Budgets, Finance, Financial Accounting, Financial Analysis, Forecasting, Risk Management, Strategy, Tax
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension