Assistant Controller @ Hos Bros. Construction, Inc.
Assistant Controller @ Lorig Associates, LLC
Controller @ From December 2011 to Present (4 years 1 month) Greater Seattle AreaAssistant Controller @ Supervise accounting and support staff for a heavy civil contractor employing up to 350 union and non-union workers with annual revenues peaking near $100M. Compile monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP, monitor covenant compliance, and act as liaison to bank
Controller @ From December 2011 to Present (4 years 1 month) Greater Seattle AreaAssistant Controller @ Supervise accounting and support staff for a heavy civil contractor employing up to 350 union and non-union workers with annual revenues peaking near $100M. Compile monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP, monitor covenant compliance, and act as liaison to bank and bonding companies. Manage annual CPA audit/review and government audits as necessary. Work closely with Owner and Controller on strategic decision making before, during, and after the 2008 housing market crisis.
• Successfully developed, updated, and implemented accounting processes, controls, and reporting of a well established accounting department (average tenure exceeded 10 years) resulting in vastly increased reporting consistency and comparability
• Implemented accounting framework and worked intimately with various departments within the bank to set up a financial subsidiary with access to a $35M credit line and an additional $35M available through structured trade sales of receivables. Prepared and successfully guided Hos Bros. Construction through its first (and subsequent) audits required by the financial subsidiary.
• Financial contact for a Joint Venture created with a competitor to perform $36M in work over an 18 month period
• Educated project managers on the process of monthly WIP reports and timely updates of project budgets which contributed to faster and more accurate reporting to management which resulted in more effective decision making
• Integrated fixed assets with a gross value in excess of $10M into accounting software, monitored repairs for capitalization, performed annual equipment cost reviews, and provided recommendations on equipment rates From July 2004 to December 2011 (7 years 6 months) Assistant Controller @ Assist controller with supervision of accounting and human resource departments for both Lorig companies.
• Coordinated with two senior accountants to prepare both accrual and cash basis monthly financial statements for 10 equity- and 15 fee-managed properties
• Prepared yearend tax work papers for CPA and worked with CPA on specific tax issues
• Oversaw corporate payroll and benefits including medical, 401k, and cafeteria plans
• Established accounting framework for new development entities
• Compiled draw requests and rolling monthly cash flow on development projects ranging from $1.3M to $42M and acted as financial liaison with banks, contractors, and consultants From September 2001 to July 2004 (2 years 11 months) Greater Seattle AreaProject Accountant/Engineer @ As project accountant, performed job costing and customer billings for various project managers on multiple projects valued up to $2M. When the position evolved to project accountant/engineer, worked directly with one project manager on multiple projects to solicit subcontract and material bids, order and schedule material deliveries, and coordinate subcontractors and inspections.
• Critical to Hos Bros. Construction’s first construction management contract. Worked with project manager to establish the project budget and cash flows of approximately $37M. Reconciled monthly to project owner’s accounting and communicated timely with project owner’s representative on budget variations work , cash flow, and auditing capital projects of $37M
• Established job costing system for first joint venture covering five phases of work valued at $22 million and worked closely with our JV partners accounting department to reconcile our monthly job costs and synchronize our billings to the project client. From May 1998 to August 2001 (3 years 4 months) Contracts Administrator @ Drafted and/or reviewed contracts with clients and subcontractors. Collaborated with project managers to bill and collect over $12M annual in contract and time & material work. Assisted controller with sales/and use tax issues and payments to subcontractors, supervised office support staff, and administered employee medical and 401(k) benefits. From October 1996 to May 1998 (1 year 8 months)
BS, Accounting @ University of Washington, Michael G. Foster School of BusinessVHS
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension