Recruiter, Tech & Non-tech @ Verizon Digital Media Services
Hiring data scientists for the #1 search engine in the world.
Full-cycle technical and non-technical recruiter placing top talent in world-class organizations such as Google, Verizon Digital Media Services (EdgeCast, Uplynk), Fox Interactive Media (MySpace, Photobucket, IGN) and AOL (XDrive). Specialize in niche, hard-to-fill positions that require sophisticated sourcing strategies and a high-touch approach. Effective business partner,
Hiring data scientists for the #1 search engine in the world.
Full-cycle technical and non-technical recruiter placing top talent in world-class organizations such as Google, Verizon Digital Media Services (EdgeCast, Uplynk), Fox Interactive Media (MySpace, Photobucket, IGN) and AOL (XDrive). Specialize in niche, hard-to-fill positions that require sophisticated sourcing strategies and a high-touch approach. Effective business partner, candidate advocate, corporate matchmaker.
Recruiter, Data Science @ Many companies say they want to change the world, few can say they're doing it. 40,000 search queries per second, 3.5 billion searches per day and 1.2 trillion searches per year means that Google's got the world in its hands and the world's got the power at its fingertips. Google's scientists and engineers understand that with big data comes big responsibility: the staggering size and complexity of the information they analyze offer the rare opportunity to solve real-world problems at massive scale. From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Recruiter, Tech & Non-tech @ Verizon Digital Media Services delivers quality media with products for video distribution, media platform and advanced advertising across any network to any device. Our unique interplay of assets--orchestrated among a secure media cloud, an agile video backbone, and responsive intelligent edges--delivers powerful economics at massive scale. Our blazing-fast content delivery network is purpose-built for the rich-media, large file, broadband web of today--and tomorrow.
- Full-cycle recruiter for mission-critical, hard-to-fill roles requiring excellent sourcing skills.
- Contribute to high-performing team, scaling multinational org undergoing rapid expansion.
- Successfully transitioning 300-employee midlevel startup to 200K-emp Fortune 15 company.
- Execute high-touch approach in engaging quality candidates from gold-standard companies.
- Develop effective customized sourcing campaigns based on competitive intel gathered first-hand.
- Trusted by hiring managers to facilitate sensitive, complex offer negotiations.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills through detailed candidate summaries and updates.
- Develop recruiting and performance metrics.
- Train recruiting coordinators. From 2013 to 2015 (2 years) Consultant, Business & Staffing @ Fatbrain Inc. offers customized business and staffing solutions for boutique start-ups.
Areas of Focus: Staffing; Marketing; Creative Services; Copy-editing
- Create, post job descriptions; review applications; source, interview candidates; negotiate offers.
- Consult on developing, editing business proposals, inquiries to franchisers and realtors.
- Write, copyedit, proofread client-facing brand messaging: website content, package labels, ads.
- Negotiate complex legally binding agreements with landlords and vendors.
- Project-manage brand awareness campaigns by collaborating with targeted community orgs. From 2008 to 2012 (4 years) Recruiter, Tech & Non-tech @ Fox Interactive Media offers Internet media management and content broadcasting services. Operator of some of the Web's most popular destinations, including MySpace, IGN and Photobucket.
Areas of Focus: Full-stack software-web development (.NET, LAMP); Data Mining; NOC; Sys Ops; QA; Business Development; Consumer Research; Accounting; Finance, Analyst-, Manager-, VP-level; Legal & Business Affairs, Manager-, Director, -VP-level
- Directly recruited by Senior Director of Talent Acquisition.
- Support lead and senior recruiters in sourcing for high-priority positions in flagship brands.
- Promoted three months ahead of schedule to be sole technical recruiter for Photobucket.com.
- Replaced total reliance on agency assistance with creative sourcing and recruiting solutions.
- Based on proven high-touch approach, appointed sole recruiter to Finance and Legal teams for manager-, director- and VP-level roles, interfacing directly with executive hiring managers, including the CFO and General Counsel. From 2007 to 2008 (1 year) Recruiter, Tech & Creative @ America Online LLC is the home of a world-class collection of premium online brands; it creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale.
Areas of Focus: Creative (UI, UX); QA; Product Management
- Support lead recruiter in sourcing and interviewing candidates for new venture XDrive.com.
- Facilitate interviews and candidate selection discussions with teams. From 2007 to 2007 (less than a year) Lead Compliance Officer & Business Loan Officer @ Wilshire State Bank is a leading Korean-American bank focused on serving overlooked multi-ethnic small and mid-sized business communities.
Areas of focus: Commercial lending; Loan Compliance; Project Coordination; Training
- Hired as junior loan officer at most profitable branch to manage bank’s largest portfolio.
- Interview and vet applicants for new loans and loan extensions.
- Underwrite detailed loan requests that require rigorous examination of financial and legal docs.
- Regularly present loan requests before approval committee that includes C-level executives.
- Close multi-million dollar deals.
- Appointed by Chief Lending Officer to be lead compliance officer in charge of lending compliance.
- One of youngest in history of org to become a member of Senior Management Committee, comprised of CEO, CFO and CLO, tasked with project-managing mission-critical, often confidential, projects related to new service and product development, competitive business intelligence and merger and acquisition discussions. From 2003 to 2007 (4 years)
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), English Literature @ University of California, Los Angeles
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension