Vice President, Global Solutions Engineering @
Strategic and results-driven Global Sales Engineering leader with extensive experience capturing new business, penetrating emerging territories, and expanding customer relationships to drive revenue growth in both startup and corporate environments. Proven track record of capturing key accounts and increasing pre-sales within critical markets. Leverages substantial technology expertise to design solution-focused approach to product development and deployment of
Strategic and results-driven Global Sales Engineering leader with extensive experience capturing new business, penetrating emerging territories, and expanding customer relationships to drive revenue growth in both startup and corporate environments. Proven track record of capturing key accounts and increasing pre-sales within critical markets. Leverages substantial technology expertise to design solution-focused approach to product development and deployment of technology systems. Committed leader with history of managing global cross-functional teams to success. Skilled communicator adept at building strategic partnerships with prospective and established channels while acting as liaison between executives and sales teams.
Leader International Sales Engineering, EMEA & APJ @ From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Vice President, Cloud Sales Engineering @ • Manage Global team of Sales Engineers focused on Informatica Cloud Portfolio.
• Involved in all aspects of solution, including product direction, messaging, demonstration assets and alignment with sales.
• Responsible for driving process and operational efficiency. From October 2013 to November 2015 (2 years 2 months) Senior Director, Global Solution Services @ Promoted to build and lead Global Pre-Sales Support function, recruiting and onboarding off-shore, on-shore, and near-shore teams. Directly lead three Managers in the management of their respective teams, ensuring all direct reports successfully lead departmental personnel and provide insightful mentorship. Develop pre-sales strategies for implementation amongst managerial team. Design staff-enablement program, authoring job profiles, compensation models, and defining career paths and opportunities for advancement. Orchestrate recruiting and onboarding of all departmental personnel across North America, Europe, and Asia. Lead training initiatives to provide teams with unilateral knowledge of service offerings and pre-sales support, including custom-demonstration builds, remote-demonstration delivery, RFI support, sales follow-up directives, and inside-sales technical support.
• Directly built top-flight technical teams in Austin, TX, Bangalore, India, and St. Petersburg, Russia.
• Recruited, hired, and trained 20+ resources within first year of engagement.
• Drove significant improvement in operational efficiency companywide by redesigning workflow to task pre-sales support teams with comprehensive administrative duties, allowing sales teams greater time in field to interface with customer base.
• Delivered first RFI/RFP database to worldwide sales organization.
• Own and manage the Worldwide Pre-sales virtualized Cloud based demonstration infrastructure. From October 2010 to September 2013 (3 years) Director, Pre-Sales Midwest @ Managed team of six pre-sales consultants to ensure comprehensive technical expertise throughout department. Supported sales and pre-sales teams in defining short- and long-term strategies to drive revenue growth. Collaborated with marketing teams, strategic partners, and external bodies to promote proper application of new sales strategies. Directed all recruiting, training, and onboarding of team staff in preparation of job duties. Served as Technical Director in parallel, designing technical strategy and customer offerings vital to landing key accounts within the IT industry.
• Successfully achieved 100%+ of forecasted Midwest revenue target. From January 2010 to January 2011 (1 year 1 month) Director, Alliances - Asia Pacific @ • Managed partner/alliance relationships across Asia Pacific market. Resided in Singapore.
• Worked with Global Alliances and local/regional partners to drive additional license revenue within the region.
• Defined programs and go to market strategies for broadening footprint of the solution. From January 2009 to January 2010 (1 year 1 month) SingaporeDirector, Pre-sales - Midwest, Canada @ • Current role is Technical Director of pre-sales consultants in Midwest and Canadian regions.
• Support sales and pre-sales with defining sales strategies to drive greater revenue. This includes working with marketing, partners and other internal and external groups to ensure proper execution of the sales strategy. From December 2007 to December 2008 (1 year 1 month) Director, Pre-sales - Asia Pacific @ Led entire pre-sales business segment across Asia Pacific while engaged in Singapore, traveling extensively across India, Australia, Greater China, Korea, and ASEAN in support of pre-sales initiatives in emerging market share. Served as Technical Director for regional team of 18 pre-sales consultants, providing expert guidance in technical product offerings, sales strategy, customer presentations, and partner enablement. Managed recruitment of entire Indian workforce, as well as hiring and training of regional personnel. Identified pathways and product roadmaps to drive product success in international software market.
• Defined and drove solution internationalization requirements for each distinct field office by collaborating with research and development teams to identify software and language needs within each country.
• Established education initiatives and product offerings throughout emerging markets.
• Engaged as corporate international ambassador, speaking at large vendor events to promote company visibility and evangelize software and solution offerings. From January 2006 to December 2007 (2 years) SingaporeNational Product Specialist/Data Integration Architect @ • Provided North American field support and technical expertise for a full line of data integration software. Software provides robust connectivity to various legacy systems (zSeries, iSeries) as well as complete Changed Data Capture capabilities.
• Provided technical expertise in presenting “proof of concept” technical onsite demonstrations of software. Provide field with technical documentation, product training, and assistance in closing business.
• Part of solutions technical team focused on Enterprise level customer accounts. Worked with sales teams to formulate the proper technical and business steps required to move Enterprise level customers to an Enterprise License (ELA) purchase of software.
• Worked closely with customers to fully understand requirements, designed architecture and created technical proposals to assist with closure of the sales opportunity. From April 2004 to December 2005 (1 year 9 months) Principal Sales Consultant @ • Provided pre-sales expertise for the full line of Data Integration products.
• Supported RFPs, custom demonstrations, proofs of concepts.
• Acted as mainframe regional specialist for the sales team.
• Achieved President's Club, 2001. From September 2000 to March 2004 (3 years 7 months) Response Center Engineer @ • Worked as part of the world wide HP response center supporting HP Omniback Open Enterprise backup solution.
o Assisted customers with problems encountered with system/database backup solutions.
o Closely worked with customers to integrate Omniback with various platforms (HP-UX, AIX, NT, NOVELL) and databases/applications (Oracle, Informix, Sybase, SAP).
o Helped customers with the configuration of tape drives/device drivers, autochangers, and other tape hardware. From September 1999 to September 2000 (1 year 1 month) Technical Staff Member @ • Acted as Technical lead for onsite team.
• Main responsibilities included traveling to remote sites to accomplish delivery of on-site services to clients.
o This included configuration, implementation and maintenance of HP-UX 10.20 on HP D370/K460/I70 systems.
o Installed, upgraded, and applied necessary changes to UNIX kernel, DNS, FDDI Network, NIS, and various other system processes.
o Certified production readiness of the servers. Performed some basic Windows NT administration. From April 1998 to August 1999 (1 year 5 months) UNIX Systems Engineer @ • System Engineer on NCR(5100, 4300, 3600) UNIX servers.
o Worked closely with the technical support of Teradata database. Assisted with the installation and testing of Y2K software components.
Supported systems in on call rotation. From 1998 to 1998 (less than a year) Senior Technical Associate @ • System support on a T500 HP-UX UNIX cluster.
o Monitored system performance and security.
o Installed, maintained and/or configured system software including HP LVM, MC Service Guard.
o Worked with vendors to solve system and software problems. Provided after hours support for systems. From 1996 to 1998 (2 years) Systems Programmer @ Output Control Operator, Computer Operator, Operations Analyst, Junior Programmer, Programmer, Systems Programmer
• Analyzed production work load for the data center. Scheduled batch processing for IBM MVS system using CA7. Developed AFP (Advanced Function Printing) printing software for IBM 3835 high speed laser printers. Supported datacenter in on-call rotation.
• Developed and maintained batch and online applications in Natural/ADABAS, COBOL, DYL280 and RPG for orders and inventory development team. Supported applications in on-call rotation.
• Functioned as System Programmer for ES9000 MVS system and System Administrator for UNIX Operating Systems. Tested and evaluated new software and hardware products and made recommendations to management. Worked with HP Open View in support of large Frame Relay network. Responsibilities included installation of large MVS subsystems, disaster recovery, and overall health of operating systems. Supported datacenter in an on-call rotation. From 1991 to 1996 (5 years)
BS, Computer Science @ Tennessee Technological University From 1984 to 1990 Sid Lasley is skilled in: Enterprise Software, Pre-Sales Consulting, Cloud Computing, Master Data Management, SaaS, Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Pre-sales, CRM, Enterprise Architecture, Business Alliances, IT Strategy, Start-ups, Integration, Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension