Senior Business Analyst-Sales Strategy @ Bank of the West
CRM Systems Analyst @ First Republic Private Wealth Management
Business Process Manager @ Fremont Bank
Notre Dame de Namur University
Senior Finance and Business Analyst/Manager who consistently drives efficiency results through operational excellence, process improvements and through detailed financial, technical analysis, and team leadership. Extensive track record of developing and executing against comprehensive and innovative roadmaps aligned to tackle complex business problems. Excellent experience leading teams of diverse functional and technical skills throughout the requirements, design, development,
Senior Finance and Business Analyst/Manager who consistently drives efficiency results through operational excellence, process improvements and through detailed financial, technical analysis, and team leadership. Extensive track record of developing and executing against comprehensive and innovative roadmaps aligned to tackle complex business problems. Excellent experience leading teams of diverse functional and technical skills throughout the requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation phases of multiple projects. Background in managing employees, problem-solving know-how and leadership abilities to effectively manage and influence business stakeholders. Dynamic capability to manage multiple competing priorities and projects. Extensive experience working with cross-team business users and in-depth knowledge on Financial and CRM systems, reporting, configuration and best practices Experience includes a variety of IT and Finance roles from Business Process Manager to Senior Financial and Business Systems Analyst.
I have an MBA in Corporate Finance and a BBA in International Management and Corporate Finance. Continuing education by pursuing Certification studies in Project Management and Database Analytics at UCSC Silicon Valley.
CRM Systems Analyst @ From July 2015 to Present (6 months) San Francisco Bay AreaBusiness Process Manager @ Responsible for leading the alignment of the organization’s sales strategy through strategic business planning and growth initiatives, while ensuring sales execution through sales methodology, processes and productivity tools. Lead multiple sales-systems implementations from process engineering and automation scope definition to increase the efficiency and automation of the company’s sales operations.
• Lead administrator and project manager for the implementation and ongoing enhancements to MS Dynamics CRM 2011 sales software suite.
• Managed CRM sales software delivery activities including overall requirements analysis, systems analysis, design, configuration, customization, integration, quality assurance, and solutions implementation.
• Lead the strategic and operational planning activities for quarterly analysis of incentive compensation for the organization.
• Created cross –functional support with marketing operations and analytics to drive Campaigns and Leads processes to focus on higher customer profitability for internal and external customer target markets.
• Responsible for coordinating UAT and Testing activities with Stakeholders.
• Created and managed financial models and operational dashboards to monitor product / departments’ performance and to continually analyze growth and engagement drivers through VBA, SQL and Cognos reporting; leading to higher operating efficiencies and improved usability.
• Proficient knowledge in a multitude of sales technologies (Salesforce.com, MS Dynamics CRM, analytic tools, etc.) Extensive use and support of Fiserv financial applications.
• Lead new and existing sales management training for the organization.
• Assisted to manage a Sales Operations team, including recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, training, performance management, and professional development. From September 2012 to June 2015 (2 years 10 months) Senior Financial Analyst (Consultant) @ Assisted with financial analysis and reporting for company’s $400M+ LSMS global business. Became a valued business partner to the R&D Director for LSMS in analyzing, forecasting and proactively reporting and managing R&D spending on a monthly and quarterly basis. Revised revenue vs. budget models, produced/analyzed division cost center reports, generated asset reports and product line business reviews, and processed month-end entries including royalty and warranty payments. Managed the reporting of Mfg Variances (PPV, Mat usage & efficiency), E&O Inventory Reserve analysis.
• Streamlined functionality of revenue vs. budget modeling, thus reducing production time by 50%.
• Increased team’s knowledge in SAP FI ERP systems by explaining reporting dynamics. From August 2011 to November 2011 (4 months) Financial Analyst (Consultant) @ Supported senior management for the consumer products division creating and analyzing budgeting and sales forecasts, financial deal support, budget vs. forecast comparisons, KPI development, and global Quarterly Earnings reporting packages.
• Provided management clearer insight into sales product performance variances.
• Increased visibility into sales results vs targets by creating customized, automated performance indicators.
• Trained sales team on various reporting changes to improve insight into financial profitability. From March 2011 to August 2011 (6 months) Financial Analyst (Consultant) @ Joined the organization to coordinate and grow the financial reporting/analysis for the CFO and finance reporting team of a rapidly growing consumer products media start-up. Improved recurring sales revenue actuals, actual to bookings, revenue flash and sales reporting, thus providing greater insight into strategic opportunities.
• Designed monthly, quarterly financial statement analysis to senior management and improved actual vs. budget, revenue, COS trends, and profitability reporting for 6 operating departments.
• Created whole company and monthly variance analysis reports to improve insight for department heads. From March 2010 to October 2010 (8 months) Financial Analyst(Consultant) @ Brought on board to assist drug manufacturing and R&D divisions with financial analysis and support as the company was being acquired by Roche. Analyzed various manufacturing controlling variances, reviewed gross margin, inventory cost variances, and balance sheet account variances. Performed monthly actual closing, accruals, journal entries, and reconciliations.
• Provided improved explanation into areas of over-spending and under-spending.
• Arranged meetings with cost center owners and finance managers, creating budgets that became benchmarks.
• Partnered with various stakeholders to analyze requirements and ensure success of review meetings. From February 2009 to September 2009 (8 months) Senior Financial/Senior Business Analyst-Consultant @ • Del Monte Inc.-Managed the business planning process for Sales Finance Business Unit, consolidating financials for the “pack” Fruit & Vegetable business, designing the annual operating plan, quarterly reviews, top-line forecasts. Restructured brand financial information through revamping forecast trade spend investment models.
• Coremark Inc.-Managed annual spending plan for all corporate non-departmental cost centers and maintained salary and headcount budget, submitting variance reporting. Established monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and long-range financial plan and analyze variances between forecast, budget, and actual results.
• Life Technologies-Supported R&D businesses managing monthly actual reporting, forecasting, variance analysis, OPEX analysis. Generated cost center budgeting, planning and analysis support. Played a key role in transforming the process to drive and revamp measurements of key business metrics around operating expenses and capital expenditures utilizing SAP and Hyperion applications. From June 2007 to August 2008 (1 year 3 months) Business Systems Analyst @ Hired to assist with managing a sales/finance CRM department of 5 data/systems analysts, supervising outsourced programming team and administered a global CRM supporting a 300+ sales and distribution network. Oversaw gathering, testing, and management of business systems requirement for 4 geographical support regions. Managed several sets of key data. Led an outsourced programming/OA development team to develop systems strategy, evaluate alternative systems solutions, systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, test scenario definition, SQL script development, and execution.
• CRM Systems – Maintained and enhanced the functionality of the company’s CRM systems to be implemented globally, implementing and improving system in 4 geographic regions to increase global product sales, designed pricing applications and improved numerous aspects of the system including pricing, EDI, billings, and master data.
• Cost Reduction – Reduced $3 million budget by 30% through working with project and programming teams to create more efficient business systems solutions and cut programming costs.
• Team Building & Management – Hired 3 additional business systems analysts, training and managing their workload. Increased help with workload as systems demands grew and improved productivity within the department From 2003 to 2007 (4 years) Operations Analyst @ Provided financial operations research to Account Management and Product Teams, as well as technical customer service to customers to grow the client base of a SAAS healthcare, commuter, and employee benefits provider.
• Acted as technical liaison for Client Services/PSO team to resolving client inquiries, product and production issues to meet operational deadlines and achieve client driven satisfaction.
• Modified web-based production data into SQL data sets to extract develop and analyze key metrics to identify risks, opportunities, and provide product performance business insights to product team executives.
• Collaborated with IT, Product and Account Management Teams to identify and resolve data and web service production issues. From 2002 to 2003 (1 year) Financial Analyst @ As an integral member of Visa’s product Portfolio financial research team, managed the development of creating financial analysis, forecasting, conducting statistical research, and collecting and analyzing data sets for product Credit, Debit, and Commercial Card product portfolios. Supported strategic planning, identified profitability improvement opportunities, and assessed overall portfolio performance for 250 member merchant and consumer banking institutions. Enhanced product line P/L analysis of business loan receivable portfolio revenue and expense dynamics, and their impact on return rates as growth targets, service quality commitments, financial resources, and risk tolerance.
• Productivity Improvement – Reduced portfolio processing and filings by up to 50% by assisting in implementation of Cognos OLAP database processing system as part of IT team.
• New Product Development – Contributed to new product development initiatives by generating development of new business cases to support product development in areas of bankcard cost and profitability From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Financial Analyst @ Managed new lease and service business lines for potential customers in assigned target markets by presenting features, advantages and benefits of Fleet products in order to close new customer deals and drove retention, penetration, profitability and growth of existing accounts.
• Analyzed external market data for preparation and issuance of weekly and monthly cost of fund rates.
• Constructed annual client business cases and product QBR’S, illustrating cost benefit analysis focused upon Capex service savings.
• Developed the monthly sales report card and the sales origination forecast into the early estimate process. Analyzed pro forma, fixed asset information from G/L to update the portfolio and forecast models with historical results. From 1996 to 1998 (2 years)
BBA, International Management, Corporate Finance @ Golden Gate University From 1992 to 1996 MBA, Finance @ Notre Dame de Namur University From 2000 to 2002 Sean Kiley is skilled in: Forecasting, Financial Analysis, Financial Modeling, Finance, Accounting, Analysis, Corporate Finance, Salesforce.com, Budgets, Budgeting, Financial Reporting, ERP, Pricing, Cost Analysis, Valuation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension