Production Engineer @ As a Production Engineer I work with operators, technical advisors, and data analysts intimately to ensure plant operations are running efficiently. I actively participate with operators in the field to help identify process and safety improvements. Reports that detail and summarize a specific campaign effort including mass balances, process data analysis and improvement proposals
Production Engineer @ As a Production Engineer I work with operators, technical advisors, and data analysts intimately to ensure plant operations are running efficiently. I actively participate with operators in the field to help identify process and safety improvements. Reports that detail and summarize a specific campaign effort including mass balances, process data analysis and improvement proposals are also generated by me. I also develop and maintain campaign specific schedules to meet production demand. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) Houston, Texas AreaChemical Engineer @ As engineering technical support, I conduct water quality testing for customers. I also recommend treatment options and specify chemical volumes required for the treatment of water wells. I work with contractors, distributors, and regulatory agencies as part of this work. I also continue to educate customers on the many ways to rehabilitate water wells through workshops and state sponsored events.
• Accelerated in learning the specific business of Cotey Chemical of blending chemicals to clean water wells and consulting with well owners and engineers to implement effective strategies for successfully improving water systems.
• Worked extensively out in the field to troubleshoot water wells suffering from corrosion and a decrease in production.
• Researched the corrosive nature of Iron-Related Bacteria and Sulfate-Reducing Bacteria.
• Assessed the effectiveness of dry ice to agitate chemicals and break down encrustation within the well.
• Implemented many material science concepts to consult on the correct components of well systems.
• Formulated new while evaluating old chemical designs to improve current products.
• Instrumental in starting the first research laboratory to analyze water and scale samples from customers.
• Installed new and improved safety practices to meet the growing demands of customers.
• Integrated larger production practices while also maintaining relationships with regulators to remain environmentally conscious.
• Conceptualized and implemented changes in solid and liquid blending processes using pump equations solving for head, horsepower, and efficiency. From May 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 5 months) lubbock, texas areaIntern @ Blended and packaged raw chemicals for wholesale.
Learned about diagnosing water well problems along with cleaning and maintenance.
Managed inventory and shipping needs to meet the demands of customers.
Performed very labor intensive work From April 2012 to May 2013 (1 year 2 months) lubbock, texas area
Bachelor's Degree, Chemical Engineering @ Texas Tech University From 2008 to 2013 Hirschi High School From 2004 to 2008 Scott Ross is skilled in: Inventory Management, Customer Service, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Data Entry, Microsoft Excel, Forklift Operator, Time Management, Chemical Engineering, Data Analysis, Team Leadership, Process Improvement, Aspen HYSYS, Water, Chemistry, Aspen Plus, Process Engineering, Process Simulation, Thermodynamics, Matlab
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension