Transformational marketing leader with extensive experience in Enterprise, Service Provider, Channel and Services segments. Over 17 years of proven track record in marketing, business development, product and channel management roles in both mature and start-up environment. A strong leader and communicator with excellent ability in developing, driving and executing business strategy. In depth market and working knowledge
Transformational marketing leader with extensive experience in Enterprise, Service Provider, Channel and Services segments. Over 17 years of proven track record in marketing, business development, product and channel management roles in both mature and start-up environment. A strong leader and communicator with excellent ability in developing, driving and executing business strategy. In depth market and working knowledge across APAC countries.
Director of Marketing, APAC @ - Lead, drive and execute Asia Pacific & Japan marketing strategies and priorities in building market awareness and brand presence on Violin Memory AFA (All Flash Array) solutions.
- Build sales pipeline through demand and lead generation campaigns.
- Develop and implement channel (distributors, resellers, alliances partners) GTM, including campaigns, programs, incentives, joint marketing and enablement.
- Manage marketing budget and channel MDF, as well as track ROI on all spend.
- Drive and manage Analyst and Media relations for the region. Act as a spokesperson for the region.
- Responsible for social media and on-line marketing strategy, including roll-out in the region.
- Lead and manage marketing staff across APAC countries. From January 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) SingaporeLead, Strategic Partner Marketing, Asia Pacific, Japan and China (APJC) @ - Responsible for the development of joint marketing plans and demand generation campaigns with strategic technology partners, system integrators and alliances partners such as EMC, VMware, Citrix, NetApp, Intel, Dimension Data, IBM, SAP, and Accenture in APJC regions.
- Develop and drive partner marketing programs and services for partner adoption and utilization.
- Work with Worldwide Partners and Alliances team in representing APJC partner feedback and requirements.
- Lead Field Partner Marketing teams in develop joint marketing plans and programs locally. From February 2010 to December 2013 (3 years 11 months) singaporeLead, Service Provider Marketing, Asia Pacific (APAC) @ - Responsible for the overall strategy, planning and budget of the Service Provider Marketing team in APAC.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and assigned roles and responsibilities to the team in alignment with business requirements.
- Spokesperson for the Cisco Service Provider Marketing to customers, press and analysts.
- Provide leadership and guidance for team members.
- Manage team structure and utilization aligning to the business objectives.
- Lead quarterly marketing review and presentation to senior management and VP levels in the US and APAC. From July 2007 to January 2010 (2 years 7 months) SingaporeSenior Marketing Manager, Service Provider Marketing, Asia Pacific (APAC) @ - Responsible for developing and implementing the Wireline marketing strategy for the Service Provider segment aligning to the APAC sales plan.
- Define and lead marketing strategies and tactics for the Service Provider market including branding, messaging, demand generation, closed loop marketing marketing campaigns, third party event participations and joint marketing
- Develop and manage the Wireline marketing budget in the APAC region
- Work with relevant regulatory bodies in the region to maximize the relevance and awareness on Cisco Service Provider solutions. From May 2005 to June 2007 (2 years 2 months) SingaporeMarketing Manager, Services Marketing, Asia Pacific (APAC) @ - Responsible for Cisco services offerings and channel programs portfolio lifecycle for the Technical and Advanced Services within the Enterprise segment.
- Create and execute on services marketing business plan and strategies to increase sales, awareness and loyalty within Enterprise segment, verticals and channel communities.
- Define, develop and lead the theatre implementation of key service and channel programs to drive services forecasted revenue
- Collaborate closely with Cisco channel partners, channel managers and field sales teams to optimize and maximize services revenue and penetration in the APAC region.
- Lead the field marketing virtual teams to accelerate the adoption of services programs and initiatives. From November 2002 to April 2005 (2 years 6 months) SingaporeMarketing Programs Manager, Services Marketing, US Headquarter @ - Facilitate cross-functionally in developing and executing the services portfolio/offerings and the Go-To-Market plans for Cisco’s key solutions in Advanced Services Enterprise market space.
- Collaborate with the Global Services Managers to develop programs to drive revenue and growth of the services solutions.
- Responsible for business operations of the Advanced Services Delivery Operations in US West territory. Duties include: Profit and Loss (P&L) tracking, margin analysis, resource utilization tracking and Advanced Services deal management.
- Work with Global theatres (APJ and EMEA) to develop and localize programs to drive services revenue growth.
- Conduct market research and led customer focus groups to gather and validate customer requirements for service portfolio development. From February 2001 to October 2002 (1 year 9 months) San Jose, CaliforniaBusiness Development Manager, Network Server Division, North America @ - Work with HP Business PC Sales Force in selling HP’s Intel-based servers (NetServers) within key, named and enterprise accounts.
- Collaborate with the field on sales strategy for key customers and present the HP NetServer strategy to a wide variety of customers.
- Act as a key lead for the product line in driving new business opportunities in the xSPs, .COM, and High Availability marketspaces.
- Responsible for resolving sales issues and inhibitors, driving marketing programs, sales funnel and metrics management.
- Act as a product expert and champion. Manage questions, issues and escalations in the assigned region.
- Participate fully in the salescycle from customer briefing, bidding, pre-sales support, to deal closing and post-sales support. From April 2000 to January 2001 (10 months) Cupertino, CaliforniaMarket Development Manager, Network Server Division, China @ - Expand the existing business opportunities and grew sales/profit in the emerging market. Result: 27.5M or 106% of quota in sales, 12% in revenue growth and 10% in unit growth for the quarter.
- Identify and study customer needs on NetServers in China to aid the development of future products.
- Develop the Go-To-Market strategy and manage any marketing efforts associated with it. For example: promotions, initiatives, press release, seminars, and roadshows.
- Key liaison between the China Marketing Center and the Network Server Division. Identify critical tasks, gaps or opportunities to improve the business in the region and communicated effectively within the Product
- Lead the strategic planning and quota setting for the country.
- Channel management - responsible for inventory matrix, pricing, and sellthru business. From June 1999 to March 2000 (10 months) Beijing, ChinaProduct and Channel Manager, Enclosures and Peripherals Products Division, North America @ Product Management
- Act as the North America regional champion for the Racks/ Enclosures
- Originate and execute on marketing programs to profitably grow the rack and rack accessories business in support of the server products.
- Responsible for new product introduction, current product, end of life, and forecasting activities (Product Lifecycle Management).
- Manage the communication, information flow, and relationships between the Marketing Center and the Product Division.
- Manage demand and supply issues for the product line.
- Contribute to supply chain improvement efforts for the NetServer Rack Express program.
- Perform Marketing Center, field and channel training.
Channel Development Manager
- Manage channel inventory/stock matrix.
- Execute channel programs and initiatives to increase sell-thru.
- Manage channel relationships for the product line. From December 1997 to May 1999 (1 year 6 months) Cupertino, CaliforniaSAP Project Lead/Product and Services Planner, Software Information Delivery Organization @ SAP Project Lead
- Manage the SAP migration within the Product and Services group.
- Work with SAP functionality in Material Management, Product Planning, Variant Configurator, and Classification modules.
- Design, prototype and test application components and interfaces.
- Provide end-user training and documentation for the application.
Product and Services Planning
- Interface with process centers and partners to compile, develop, validate and communicate production shipment plans and associate strategies that support the overall business objectives for the HP-UX Operating System products.
- Initiate the Update Shipment Business (USB) Engineering Change Orders, define and execute USB product structures.
- Generate the Product to Part file for customized media and codewords.
- Analyze and implement changes to existing process to significantly improve quality and productivity, as well as to reduce cost.
- Develop capacity planning requirements and determine resources for all software releases. From April 1996 to November 1997 (1 year 8 months) mountain view, californiaFinancial Planner @ - Provide individual financial planning and portfolio management to clients
- Develop financial plans and recommendations to individuals utilizing knowledge of tax and investment strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans, and real estate.
- Sale of related financial products including insurance, mutual funds and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs). From May 1995 to April 1996 (1 year) Beverly Hills, California
Bachlor of Arts, Economics @ University of California, Los Angeles From 1991 to 1995 Sara Kao is skilled in: Channel, Sales Enablement, Product Marketing, Go-to-market Strategy, Demand Generation, Cloud Computing, Partner Management, Product Management, Business Alliances, Multi-channel Marketing, Channel Partners, Business Development, Strategy, Start-ups, Pre-sales
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension