Master of Business Administration (MBA), Accounting and Finance @
University of Phoenix
I am a result oriented and energetic leader with extensive and diverse domestic and international experience in Environmental, Health & Safety and Facilities management. I have consistently and effectively utilized my technical skills, financial acumen and demonstrated leadership capabilities to deliver metric-based performance improvements for the organizations that I have been responsible for. My goal is to
I am a result oriented and energetic leader with extensive and diverse domestic and international experience in Environmental, Health & Safety and Facilities management. I have consistently and effectively utilized my technical skills, financial acumen and demonstrated leadership capabilities to deliver metric-based performance improvements for the organizations that I have been responsible for. My goal is to further utilize my drive, skills and experience to lead organizations towards achieving operational excellence.
• Environmental, Health & Safety
• Facilities Operations & Maintenance
• Project Management
• Mergers & Acquisitions / Consolidation
• Real Estate
• Outsource Management
Sr. Facilities Project Manager @ Project management leadership and support for Maxim’s facilities throughout North America & Europe. Managing a variety of construction and system improvement projects, including system installations, facilities renovation and new construction projects from initiation stages through planning, design and construction. From April 2014 to June 2015 (1 year 3 months) Environmental, Health & Safety Director @ Global management of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability programs throughout N. America, Asia and Europe. Provided support and leadership to ensure regulatory compliance and performance improvements for 62 sites.
• Established a robust Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility and Sustainability program, achieving compliance with Electronics Industry Citizenship Coalition’s standards
• Implemented a uniform company wide standard audit and gap assessment program From 2012 to 2014 (2 years) Senior Facilities Manager @ In charge of all Facilities processes related to Maintenance, Space Planning, Real Estate, Project Management, and Daily Operations. Managed Company's Santa Clara Corporate Headquarters (previously National Semiconductor Corp.) with a portfolio consisting of over 70 acres, 2 million square feet of property, 13 buildings and an annual operations budget of $18 million. Managed over $40 million in various capital projects. Directed managers, engineers, planners/schedulers and various service contract providers and suppliers.
• Successfully planned and implemented campus consolidation and upgrade capital projects, driving space and utility efficiencies and reducing campus footprint by 40%
• Reduced occupancy cost per sq. ft. by nearly 30% through reducing utility consumption, negotiating support service contracts and maintenance efficiency improvement programs
• Provided Leadership in driving LEED (CI) Gold Certification for campus buildings From 2009 to 2012 (3 years) Corporate Facilities & EH&S Director @ Managed a global portfolio of 16 sites, providing leadership for internal and external partners. Responsible for corporate real estate, occupancy planning, relocations, capital projects, asset and energy management, security services, and EHS. Campus manager for the East Bay Corporate Headquarters.
• Developed operational metrics and drove improvements to key performance indicators to reduce costs and to provide highest quality service.
• Developed standards and monitoring techniques, compliance assurance programs and Facilities operations training for quality and customer service in all areas of the Facilities organization
• Successfully renegotiated all leases and subleased vacant space, lowering annual real estate costs by $4M. From 2006 to 2009 (3 years) Senior Facilities Operations Manager @ Facilities Operations Manager for Five Bay Area Campuses. Responsible for all Facilities Operations and Maintenance, Security Services, Outsourced services, Acquisition Integration, Capital Projects, and Equipment Installations for over two million square feet of clean rooms, offices and labs.
• Established organization’s Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), resulting in improved throughput, performance reporting, quality, maintenance and repair spend and schedules
• Established an innovative Customer Service satisfaction improvement program, drastically improving department’s services and effectiveness, resulting in near perfect overall satisfaction survey results
• Reduced interruptions to Manufacturing by over 85% through conducting system reliability studies and implementing a systematic service improvement program From 2001 to 2006 (5 years) Environmental & Facilities Engineering Manager @ Established and managed all aspects of the Environmental systems, programs and compliance. Assisted in managing Facilities operations and maintenance. In charge of budget development and control, staff development and management, and overseeing contractors. Responsible for developing & managing EHS plans, procedures and permits.
• Substantially improved Facilities Maintenance services, Spare parts management through benchmarking and subsequent modification in procedures and programs.
• Achieved ISO 14001 certification within one year after start-up. Established a highly efficient Environmental Management System recognized by UL as a model system From 1996 to 2001 (5 years) Eugene, Oregon Area
BS, Chemical Engineering @ California State Polytechnic University-PomonaMaster of Business Administration (MBA), Accounting and Finance @ University of Phoenix Sam Pakdel, MBA PMP is skilled in: Facilities Management, Leadership, Management, Lean Manufacturing, Operations Management, Program Management, Engineering, Process Improvement, Budgets, Project Planning, Cross-functional Team Leadership, ISO, Project Management, Team Building, Integration
Looking for a different
Sam Pakdel, MBA PMP?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension