Chief Information Officer / Co-CEO / Founder @ Wavelight Technologies, Inc.
High School, High School @
Brandon Hall School
Qualified Senior Network Security Engineer / Architect with expertise in creating and maintaining strategic partnerships between business needs and delivering technology, while working with the business partner and subject matter experts in the definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of functional requirements and identify requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow analysis,
Qualified Senior Network Security Engineer / Architect with expertise in creating and maintaining strategic partnerships between business needs and delivering technology, while working with the business partner and subject matter experts in the definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of functional requirements and identify requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition analysis.
Specialties: Checkpoint all supported versions FW-1 and VSX, Checkpoint on Crossbeam, Checkpoint Provider-1, Computer Networks, Network Engineering, Network Security Engineering
Senior Network Security Engineer, Security Engineering, Enterprise Technology Group @ • Senior Network Security Engineer in extremely complex 60+ Data center financial services network.
• Through troubleshooting knowledge drove down time to restore on high impact outages.
• Maintained and upgraded multiple security platforms in a risk adverse highly available enviroment.
• Managed Checkpoint Provider-1 environment with 60+ CMAs and personally upgraded it through 3 major versions from R75, R75.40VS, and R77.10. Re-architected platform to increase capacity and stability.
• Provided Technical knowledge leadership to the rest of the Tier 3 team, as well as providing technical guidance and support to lower operations support teams at tier 1 and 2.
• Worked with Network Engineering and Architecture counterparts to design a "Data Center 2.0" model to collapse the 60+ Datacenters into 4 go forward datacenters
• Worked with the Data center optimization team to close 2 data centers and live move 4000+ servers in a development region with firewall clusters extended via a 10G circuit between old and new locations.
• Worked with cross platform team to close down old campus and move 2500 associates to new facility while relocating all services to other locations. From July 2012 to October 2015 (3 years 4 months) Chief Information Officer / Co-CEO / Founder @ • Co-founded Wavelight Technologies with the co-authors of Patent #12/042,976.
• CIO directly managing the online presence of the company and maintaining the network infrastructure.
• Developed business plan, private offering memorandum, corporate budget, and development specifications for products.
• Network Engineer in a LAN/WAN Environment, Network Troubleshooting
• Network Improvement, Design and Implementation
• Wireless 802.11b/g design and support
• Cisco Wireless Technologies From August 2010 to December 2011 (1 year 5 months) Executive Consultant acting as CIO @ • Management of Information Technology, Facilities, and Research and Development.
• Developed operational and functional processes and procedures.
• Designed and bid a 19,000 sqft build-out for Tamashii’s new corporate office.
• Architect of the company’s WAN, LAN, and Telco Solutions.
• Developed and managed relationships with external vendors, set budget parameters and hiring schedule for my departments.
• Fine tuned the feature sets and product parameters for ongoing R&D.
• Maintained the company network infrastructure and managed the company's online presence.
• Network Improvement, Design and Implementation
• Network Topology Mapping and Diagramming with Visio
• Designed and maintained web pages and web servers, DNS and DHCP
• Installed and maintained LAN and WAN environments using the TCP/IP Protocol. From April 2007 to July 2010 (3 years 4 months) IT Admin / Network Engineer @ • Senior Network and Security Engineer, maintaining the company’s 21 site WAN and LAN environment.
• Managed a migration from Frame Relay to an IP/VPN MPLS WAN with geographic and carrier Internet redundancy over multiple paths.
• Implemented a project that saved the company over $1.5 million in yearly telecommunications charges.
• Managed the migration from multiple older firewalls to two high availability new Checkpoint NGX clusters with HA management consoles.
• Designed and implemented a corporate wide secure WIFI solution utilizing Cisco Access Points, Cisco Wireless Controllers, and Cisco WCS management interface.
• Architect of a LAN switching equipment refresh for all company offices to standardize on a managed platform.
• Researched and began designing a VOIP implementation for worldwide deployment.
• Architect of integration and migration of acquiring company’s managed WAN to Cellnet’s MPLS WAN network. From February 2005 to April 2007 (2 years 3 months) Manager of Information Technology / Facilities / Quality Assurance @ • Manager of IT and facilities.
• Managed and maintained the corporate network and supported the company's end users.
• Managed the company's facilities.
• Designed and implemented physical and electronic security.
• Supported the product development team by managing the Q&A software testing team.
• Worked closely with the development team to produce final product. From November 2003 to October 2004 (1 year) Sales Associate @ I worked in Tech Services for Best Buy. I handled desktop service issues for end users.
Worked in retail non-commissioned sales in the computer department. Working on team strategy, and selling techniques. From November 2002 to July 2004 (1 year 9 months) Systems Integrator @ now part of the E|Solutions Hosting offering. The ROC was a Managed Services group offering a wide range of services. As System Integrator III my primary job description was the Exchange support Engineer to Remote Client networks. Secondary job function was as a technical lead to the monitoring center. This includes the teaching of and second level support for the monitoring tools such as OpenView, Tivoli, and BMC patrol and the support of the network for the monitoring center and infrastructure. This included the maintenance and troubleshooting of some Cisco routers and switches. From January 2001 to January 2002 (1 year 1 month) Network Engineer @ Served as a Network Engineer for Hosting Operations. Hosting Ops is a Managed Hosting group offering a wide range of services in Sprint Internet Centers. As System Integrator III my primary job description was the Atlanta Network / Infrastructure Team Lead. Our team was responsible for the Hosting Ops infrastructure equipment at our location and in the data centers we offered service in. From January 2000 to January 2002 (2 years 1 month) Sales Engineer @ Installed and maintained Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT Server 4.0, Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise, Windows NT Terminal Server, MS Cluster Server 1.0, Internet Information Server 4.0, Microsoft Exchange 5.5, MS Office 97/2000, MS Outlook 98/2000, IE 4.01 and IE 5.0; Built and modified various personal computers. Provided support for above systems. Provided problem solving expertise and corrective measures when hardware and software problems were encountered. Provided pre-sales consulting functions to assist sales-reps in selling the Unisys product line. Supported end-user requests to supplement the IT department From February 1999 to October 1999 (9 months)
Computer Engineering @ Auburn University From 1996 to 1998 HS, High School @ Brandon Hall School From 1992 to 1996 Ryan Taylor is skilled in: CCNA, CCNP, Cisco, Cisco IOS, Cisco Switches, Checkpoint Firewalls, Cisco Routers, Windows 7, Windows Server, Data Center, Switches, Checkpoint, Cisco Technologies, Network Security, Troubleshooting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension