Certificate IV, Multimedia @
Swinburne University of Technology
Rudi Yardley is a software engineer with over 15 years experience in the industry. Highly focused on delivering quality rich online applications, exceptional user experience and maintainable software of the highest calibre, Rudi shares a passion for creating elegantly crafted well tested and beautifully presented functional solutions designed specifically to add value and solve core business problems
Rudi Yardley is a software engineer with over 15 years experience in the industry. Highly focused on delivering quality rich online applications, exceptional user experience and maintainable software of the highest calibre, Rudi shares a passion for creating elegantly crafted well tested and beautifully presented functional solutions designed specifically to add value and solve core business problems that his clients face.
Freelance Senior Software Engineer @ Please note current stack:
Notable work includes:
MUSEUM VICTORIA - Making History Project
Rudi put together a browser based online video editor so that history students across the state can create, upload, edit and share digital history video research projects online with access to Melbourne Museum's collection of media artefacts.
TELSTRA AUSTRALIA - Virtual Induction Experience
Rudi was technical lead working with Be Learning on this national e-learning project for the biggest telecommunications provider in Australia.
ACMI - Screen Worlds Exhibition
In a project coordinated with Trace Media, Rudi created the main kiosk video delivery application used within ACMI's permanent Screen Worlds exhibition.
As the application was going to be permanent exhaustive testing of the application was required to ensure the kiosks would not break, or create memory leaks even under considerable strain and incorrect use. The discovery of bugs within the Flash platform itself and writing patching code in compensation proved to be a great challenge to solve.
Screen Worlds is on permanent exhibition at Federation Square, Melbourne.
FUTURE ENTERTAINMENT - Future Music Festival Website
Leveraging some of the power of Drupal, and working with Regression on Design and Animation, Rudi put together a content managed website for Future Entertainment's 'Future Music Festival' 2012.
ILUKA INDUSTRIES - Virtual Site Tour
Using Flex and Adobe AIR, Rudi has designed and created a custom online video player for Iluka Industries in order to present and pitch to their investors.
http://www.iluka.com/jacinthambrosia From December 2008 to Present (7 years 1 month) Senior Software Engineer @ Maintaining and developing / refactoring a large legacy e-commerce Angular JS, Ruby on Rails application.
* Ruby on Rails
* Angular v1
* TDD / BDD
* Software Architecture
* Alt Flux
* Managing a large legacy codebase
* Agile Workflows
* Git From May 2014 to September 2015 (1 year 5 months) Flash Application Developer / Web Developer. @ Working in the Zürich office for Swiss web development company Intersim, Rudi has been helping Intersim leverage open source technologies such as Flash, MODx, Wordpress and Flex to deliver cost effective solutions for high profile clients that include Novartis and TA Media.
* Linux Server Admin and Deployment
* Flex Development
* Plesk & Virtuozzo
* Design and implementation of a automated ANT build deployment systems
* Systems Architecture
* Application Architecture
* Shooting 360 degree Panoramic Photos
* Interactive Implementation of 360 degree Panoramic Photos
* MODx Development
* Wordpress Development
* Community Platform Development From September 2007 to December 2008 (1 year 4 months) Front End Developer @ Whilst Rudi’s main responsibilities were for the development, service and maintenance of client-side website code and product implementations, he has also developed process optimisation and frameworks for swiftly deploying and developing custom CMS driven websites. As well he has coded a flash application framework that agnostically supports online streaming media presentations.
* XHTML/CSS Architecture / Development.
* Flash Framework Development.
* CSS Framework Development.
* Graphic Design
* Interface Design
* Process Management
* Web Standards Validation.
* Java JSP Scriptlet Programming.
* Debugging a J2EE Application within the Struts Framework.
* Tomcat Deployment and Configuration.
* CMS Implementation.
* Knowledge Management.
* CVS Management.
* Product Version Source Management.
* Deployment. From 2007 to 2007 (less than a year) Application Engineer / Developer @ Working as a flash consultant Rudi has been co-architecting and developing an enterprise level flash video distribution and portal creation toolkit.
* Client-side System Architecture and Design.
* Enterprise level application Design Patterns within Flash.
* RIA Application Development.
* Webservice integration.
* Flex Development.
* Software Architecture Communication.
* UML Design.
* Business Analysis.
* Agile Development.
* Requirements Gathering.
* Team Leadership.
* Knowledge Management.
* Custom Ad Delivery implementation.
* Product Design.
* Outsourced Work Assessment.
* Enterprise Level Flash Player Design Planning.
* C# Programming.
* Introduction to basic data access design patterns within .NET
* Team Foundation System (Source Control, Task Management).
* API / System Design.
* Agile Development.
* SQL Server.
Successful local and international client builds and development Rudi was responsible for includes:
* News Limited
* Fox Network
* Bob Jane
* Flash Widget Development.
* Windows Media SDK 10 Programming.
* Real Player 9 API.
* FLV Streaming off both Flash Media Server and Progressive HTTP Download.
* Video Content Management.
* Bespoke Managed Video Player Development
* Bespoke Flash Website Development.
* Scripted Animation Development
* Online Marketing Campaign Development
* Ad Serving System integration.
* Knowledge Management.
* Designing process improvement systems, templating and workflow arrangement.
* Working to tight deadlines.
* MySQL DB Management.
* Hosting Configuration.
* Deployment. From February 2005 to May 2006 (1 year 4 months) Sessional Multimedia Teacher @ Hawthorn and Wantirna campuses. Delivery and organization of content and assessment in 2D animation, multimedia authoring, Flash and Director for the Advanced Diploma of Multimedia and the Certificate of Dynamic Web Design.
* Team Leadership
* Instructional Content Development
* Actionscript 1.0
* Course Development
* Animation Creation
* Tutorial Creation
* Scripted Animation Development From January 2003 to February 2005 (2 years 2 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension