Feel free to reach out and contact me! I love talking about coding and business in general. I have a lot of experience building large web applications from scratch, building companies, and scalability. If you have any questions or need advice, don't be shy! I'm a nice guy and I love helping people out and talking about programming.
1) Capital Allocation. I love investing, since it harnesses my love of business and numbers! I could drown myself in business models and balance sheets (and often do). I've developed many investing strategies over the years and written a lot of software to aid in executing on those strategies.
2) Gentoo. There is something about having full control and bleeding edge that is satisfying. There is definitely a lot of risk with using this distro, but I love the challenge of mitigating those risks through smart processes.
3) Learning and teaching others. I love to learn and I love sharing my knowledge with others! I’m always excited to bring out the full potential in people.
My GitHub account: https://github.com/rjkeller
Senior Full-Stack Developer @ - Created a Node.js API server using Express, Sequelize, and Redis.
- Worked on rewriting core parts of an older PHP site to Node using React/Fluxible
- Built an event tracking system using Node powered by a Kue/Redis to send data to various node workers.
- Created docker containers for Node.js environment. Used AWS ElasticBeanstalk to provide scalable deployment.
- Built a web-based keyboard firmware compiler that took in a keyword specification and fed it into a C++-based firmware compiler. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) San Francisco, CALead Software Engineer @ - Engineering lead for Store Catalog and Publish Management systems
- Performed extensive architecture reviews. Lead a refactoring of the YLighting store catalog system into a Symfony/Doctrine-based codebase.
- Made a strong push toward empowering other developers in the department by setting up stronger development environments and forming new communication processes to streamline development. Helped move company toward Git/Github-based development.
- Pushed a move toward standardization of the codebase through technologies like Symfony, and Doctrine entities to help make the department more scalable (allowing us to significantly decrease the ramp-up period for new hires).
- Worked extensively with optimizing our AWS infrastructure.
- Created scalability plans involving elastic load balancers, GearMan, Galera/MySQL Cluster, Percona (w/ XtraBackup), CloudFront (and later EdgeCast), RDS, S3, and Lucene/Solr. From January 2013 to October 2014 (1 year 10 months) Walnut Creek, CAChief Technology Officer @ - Built Ajent Email software from scratch. Built a custom Postfix server configuration that streamed emails into a MongoDB GridFS / S3 redundant storage.
- Purchased computer parts from Fry’s, built a server, and installed in data center space. Used load balancers to distribute traffic among Amazon EC2 instances as well as our custom-built server to reduce costs. Developed a scalability strategy within the company.
- Set up Nginx load balancers and proxy to distribute among multiple Apache instances on EC2 and custom-built CentOS servers.
- Built front-end using jQuery and Ajax
- Built back-end using PHP/MongoDB and Symfony framework
- Completed SEO and social marketing on Ajent website. Helped design and develop SEO and
social marketing strategies. From August 2011 to January 2013 (1 year 6 months) San Francisco, CAWeb Developer @ - Worked as lead developer on the Zacks Stock Screener, Feed System, and Zacks Mobile products.
- Helped lead a development team in India and Chicago.
- Was a large contributor to research and development at the company.
- Worked with management team to put in place policies and designs to increase IT productivity and reduce costs.
- Received training in SEO, analytics, and related technologies. From September 2009 to November 2010 (1 year 3 months) Chicago, ILVP of Engineering @ - Worked with company to restructure team and optimize processes
- Proposed & implemented a plan to develop ad distribution system and purchasing platform.
- Worked with technologies like OpenX, advanced scheduling, cart and advertisement management systems.
- Company acquired by Rubicon Project for under $30M. From May 2008 to July 2009 (1 year 3 months) Mountain View, CASoftware Developer @ - Developed entire registrar software and server technology and worked with upper management to come up with new, innovative domain management systems and applications.
- Created domain management system, reseller architecture, distributed registrar servers, client API, cart and payment processing system. From September 2006 to May 2009 (2 years 9 months) West Lafayette, INHelp Systems & Grendel Module Owner @ - Contributed to the project as a software developer. Later promoted to module owner.
- Responsible for managing a team of 4 developers, and had role of lead software developer
- Worked extensively with XUL/Mozilla technology and software development leadership
- Started an initiative to expand the module to the Firefox web browser From April 2001 to December 2004 (3 years 9 months) Mountain View, CA
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension