President & CEO @ Leader of this $3.4B service provider with leading brands in each segment, Terminix, TruGreen, ServiceMaster Clean and American Home Shield. From June 2013 to Present (2 years 7 months) Owner @ • Acquire and develop residential real estate properties for resale and rental income. From January 2012 to Present (4 years) Chief Executive
President & CEO @ Leader of this $3.4B service provider with leading brands in each segment, Terminix, TruGreen, ServiceMaster Clean and American Home Shield. From June 2013 to Present (2 years 7 months) Owner @ • Acquire and develop residential real estate properties for resale and rental income. From January 2012 to Present (4 years) Chief Executive Officer @ • First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ: FSLR) is the world’s largest manufacturer of thin film photovoltaic (PV) solar modules and solar power plants.
• Expanded market presence through $330M acquisition of NextLight (project pipeline) and RayTracker (solar tracking solution).
• Grew revenues by $1B, 50% despite extreme competition from International competitors.
• Flattened organization and created executive development training and mentoring programs.
• Implemented a balanced assessment program to include performance and behaviors.
• Expanded global market development to India, the Middle East, China and Australia to reduce reliance on the mandated market in Germany (80% of sales to 40% in 2 years).
• Expanded capabilities and capacity in EPC to become the world leader installing > 1.5GW/year.
• Retained strategic investor confidence despite > 80% market price decline and legacy quality issues. From 2010 to 2011 (1 year) President and Chief Executive Officer @ • Full P/L responsibility for $12 billion provider of aerospace electronic systems, integrated avionics, and services for the Aerospace Industry with 40,000 employees worldwide.
• From 2004-2007, grew revenues year over year by 7% and net income by 17%.
• Led global restructuring to improve customer service and streamline operations reducing administrative costs by $180 million. Functionalized engineering, operations, and functions.
• Created three customer facing business units and a global product and marketing organization.
• Reduced high-cost sites and increased emerging market census by 35% per year.
• Improved on time delivery performance from 83% to 94% while reducing past due receivables by $100 million and improving customer quality from 550ppm to 250ppm. From 2005 to 2010 (5 years) President and Chief Executive Officer @ 2001 to 2005, President and Chief Executive Officer, Transportation Systems, Torrance, CA
• Full P/L responsibility for the $4.2 billion automotive products division with 14,000 employees.
• From 2001 to 2004, grew revenues year over year by 8% and net income by 21%.
• Included the industry leading brands of Garrett, Fram, Prestone, Autolite, and Bendix.
• Drove growth and margin expansion through new technology and execution.
• Restructured portfolio by closing Power Systems and the disposition of Truck Brakes.
2000 to 2001, President, Turbo Technologies, Torrance, CA
• Full P/L responsibility for $2 billion industry leader in turbocharging technology.
• Grew business by 14% through technology introduction and market expansion.
• Proposed and received approval for the structure of Transportation Systems division.
1999 to 2000, VP/GM, Asia, Marketing and Aftermarket, Turbo Technologies, Torrance, CA
• Full P/L responsibility for $600 million business.
• Improved operating margins by 300bps through productivity and price improvements.
1996 to 1999, Vice President and General Manager, AlliedSignal Plastics, Morristown, NJ
• Full profit and loss responsibility for $700 million division of Polymers business. From 1996 to 2005 (9 years) General Manager @ • 1995 to 1996, General Manager, GE Plastics South America, Sao Paolo, Brazil
• 1994 to 1995, Business Leader, HPP, GE Plastics Americas, Mt. Vernon, IN
• 1992 to 1994, Business Leader, LEXAN and Blends, GE Plastics Europe Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
• 1990 to 1992, Business Leader, XENOY, GE Plastics Europe Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
• 1989 to 1990, Field Market Development Manager, GE Plastics, Pittsfield, MA
• 1988 to 1989, Program Manager, GE Plastics, Pittsfield, MA
• 1986 to 1988, Field Marketing Development Specialist, GE Plastics Americas, Cleveland, OH From 1986 to 1996 (10 years) Account Executive @ • 1985 to 1986, Account Executive, Industrial Operating Division, Philadelphia, PA
• 1983 to1985, Corporate Personnel Specialist, T&I Operating Division, Toledo, OH From 1983 to 1986 (3 years) Intern @ Management trainee/internship From 1982 to 1983 (1 year) Indianapolis, Indiana Area
Bachelor's degree, Finance @ Indiana University Bloomington From 1978 to 1982 Robert Gillette is skilled in: Aerospace, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Program Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Engineering Management, Systems Engineering, Process Improvement, Continuous Improvement, Aircraft, Manufacturing, Product Development, Operational Excellence, Aviation, Value Stream Mapping
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension