Manager - Information Technology @ Open Text Corporation
Talented, passionate, driven, professional offering 15+ years of experience in quality assurance, software development, product development and implementation. Proven track record in increasing performance through strong leadership, planning, process design, technology innovation and change management. Excel in guiding teams of Project Managers, Business Stake Holders, Experts, Developers, Analysts to provide solutions that deliver greater business value and
Talented, passionate, driven, professional offering 15+ years of experience in quality assurance, software development, product development and implementation. Proven track record in increasing performance through strong leadership, planning, process design, technology innovation and change management. Excel in guiding teams of Project Managers, Business Stake Holders, Experts, Developers, Analysts to provide solutions that deliver greater business value and customer experience. Thrive on opportunities to drive people, processes and technology. Ability to see the “bigger picture” while maintaining a strong grasp of constraints and implementation plans. Routinely work with Delivery, Development, Product Management, Implementation and R&D teams throughout the world. Strong experience with Care and Billing systems (BSS), Relational Databases, Web and Mobile application development solutions. Very strong Billing Service Solutions (BSS) for telecommunication, Project Management Office, Leading Development, Program Delivery, Implementation, Roll-Out, and Infrastructure.
Senior Manager - Technology @ Reporting to the VP of Technology and Director of Systems, manage internal and external teams and relationships, managerial responsibilities include lead, liaise, and represent Mobilicity business stakeholders throughout the Software Development Life Cycle dealing with both internal and external development and testing groups.
Duties and achievements include:
-Managed and supported Mobilicity billing systems since pre-launch
-Negotiated, and managed development and implementation of device Inventory tracking system based on technical specifications supplied by Mobilicity's logistics vendor .
-Developed a formal User Acceptance test process and test plan template for User Acceptance Testers
-Improved implementation efficiency by altering contact lists between Mobilicity and vendor groups.
-Continue to work with vendors and business stakeholders to develop a standardized process for plan and add-on builds
- Heading Roaming group to develop Unilateral and Bilateral Direct Roaming Agreements, launching direct roaming agreements in over 20 networks in the past 12 months.
- Represent Mobilicity IT in meetings with various internal and external groups
- Manage Mobilicity Group that provides support to Law Enforcement Agencies
- Developed standardized process for Lawful Access group to fulfill requests submitted by Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Represent Mobilicity during court cases to explain results supplied to Law Enforcement Agencies. From February 2010 to Present (5 years 10 months) Manager - Information Technology @ scanR Inc. is a California based startup technology company whose focus is on mobile device imaging services and applications.
Reporting to the VP of Development and Director of Quality Assurance, managed a Quality Assurance team made up of FTEs, Consultants and outsourced vendors. Technology covered: PC web, e-mail, fax, Java, Symbian, BREW, and Blackberry applications are all part of our suite of testing responsibilities.
Key Accomplishments included:
- Developed a formal release process which improved quality of the product by 30%.
- Increased pre-release defect reporting by 37% and as a result, post release defects were reduced by 40%.
- Introduced and developed a formal top-down test suite development process
- Implemented Microsoft Virtual PC for agile test environment setup,
- Implemented several test tools for mobile handset application testing, including Seapine product for test case and defect management, Device Anywhere and several device simulators for mobile application handset testing. From February 2006 to February 2010 (4 years 1 month) Manager - Information Technology @ Solutions is a growing development group, within the Services Division of Open Text Corporation. Co-reporting to the Director of Product Management and Director of Development, developed formal Quality Assurance processes to suit a fast paced environment. Managed and developed the Quality Assurance team from a group of 2 Analysts to a group of 5 Analysts and Engineers, plus consultants. Managed a test portfolio of 20 products. These products were directly tied to approx. $20 million quarterly revenue.
- Developed a formal release process to ensure that application delivery estimates were met.
- Implemented a Segue Silktest based test suite which increased the QA team’s efficiency by 10%
- Expanded test coverage to include functional, user acceptance, load, and performance testing.
- Through the utilization of statistical analysis, improved accuracy of test estimates by 20%.
- Implemented VMWare to streamline test environment setup. From August 1999 to March 2006 (6 years 8 months)
None, Computer Programming @ Fanshawe College From 1993 to 1994 Rob Lebovic is skilled in: Agile Methodologies, Testing, Software Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, Java, Mobile Devices, Performance Testing, Product Management, Quality Assurance, Software Development, Team Leadership, Telecommunications, Test Cases, Test Planning, Wireless
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension