Highly motivated professional with over 12 years of consulting experience in information and data domain of enterprise architecture. Strong experience in designing and implementing data marts, data warehouses, ETL and reporting solutions for fortune 500 clients. Results oriented leader with career focused on designing, implementing and managing the data warehousing, business intelligence and big data technology solutions
Highly motivated professional with over 12 years of consulting experience in information and data domain of enterprise architecture. Strong experience in designing and implementing data marts, data warehouses, ETL and reporting solutions for fortune 500 clients. Results oriented leader with career focused on designing, implementing and managing the data warehousing, business intelligence and big data technology solutions (Hadoop, Cassandra etc.)
Certified in Project Management, Business Analysis, TOGAF 9.1, COBIT 5, ITIL,SAP HANA.
Business Intelligence Architecture
Business Intelligence (BI) Architect/BI Project Manager @ Clients: Cenovus Energy, Alberta Energy Regulator, FGL Sports
Worked on more than 20 projects including 6 with revenues over $1 million. Key projects include Acreage Reporting, Wellview/Siteview Upgrade, Landrite systems Upgrade, Informatica Upgrade, Health & Safety Reporting (HSIR), HANA Capacity Planning & strategy and New Activity Lifecycle Reference Architecture
• Managed detailed technical activities and provided technical guidance & recommendations, direction and expertise to team as required
• Created, optimized and updated logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy to support new and existing projects
• Performed gap analysis and analyzed data-related system integration challenges and proposed appropriate solutions
• Created architecture description documents, enterprise technical recommendation documents(ETR) and detailed design documents for new projects and enhancement
• Performed code reviews on projects and small enhancements to ensure code aligns with development guidelines
• Contributed to Request for Proposals (RFP) for prospective clients as Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) and Data Warehousing subject matter expert.
• Analysed and implemented data analytics & visualization on large data sets( up to 1 TB)
• Installed and configured Hadoop and Cassandra clusters with 5-10 nodes on CentOS
• Managed 4 projects with revenues over $1 Million. Key achievements include;
o Managed project scope, schedule and budget as per approved project documentation
o Identified, prioritized, and mitigated project risks
o Identified potential project schedule or budget overruns, and when necessary, escalated to Senior Delivery Manager to develop mitigation strategy
o Ran project team meetings, created and maintained project plans and facilitated project-related communication among team members From November 2011 to Present (4 years 2 months) Calgary, Canada AreaTechnical Lead - BI @ Client: Nike Inc.
• Lead BI team of 5 and acted as a primary interface with the client under re-new HR project. Re-new HR was PeopleSoft to SAP migration of Nike’s HR practice (Revenues >15 million & >200 members). BI team reviewed 150 ECC reports and converted them to Cognos reports.
• Participated in requirements gathering & wrote the functional and technical specifications for the ETL development and BI Reporting.
• Developed and managed budget estimates, followed change control processes and planned risk responses.
• Conducted interviews and set up a team of 6 at off-shore location and 3 resources at onsite
• Acted as Data warehousing and Business intelligence SME and reviewed all the off-shore work prior to client delivery. From February 2011 to November 2011 (10 months) Sr. Consultant @ • Worked on more than 15 projects including 3 with revenues of more than $2 million in variety of roles such as data analyst, data modeller, teradata developer and ETL & reporting developer. Some key projects are AC Nielsen, Store level data analysis, POS reporting and Trade Winds.
• Participated in Requirements Gathering and wrote the Functional as well as the Technical Specifications for the ETL Data loads and Cognos reports.
• Involved in data modelling effort for 3NF tables, setting up the dimensions and identifying the measures for Fact Tables.
• Implemented row level and column level security at the database and framework manager level.
• Developed the UNIX scripts for extracting the data from Siebel database, writing on file, Ftp’ing the file from the Siebel Server to Teradata Server.
• Developed new Fload and the BTEQ scripts for the ETL dataload to the 3NF Tables.
• Developed Cognos packages in Framework Manager for Reporting and Ad hoc Environment.
• Developed Reports with various features such as graphs and bursting in Cognos Environment.
• Provided 24/7 user support and developed the end user training documentation From February 2008 to February 2011 (3 years 1 month) Associate @ Client: J P Morgan Chase
• Primary liaison between client and off-shore team in India (10 members) for advanced commercial banking system data warehouse (ACBSDW) database redesign/tactical solution implementation project and ACBSDW Migration from Impromptu to Report Net Project. Scope also included production support activities for reporting application with the user base of 1200.
• Project Status Reporting and responsible for the overall maintenance of the Project Activities along with the Onsite/Off-Shore Co-ordination.
• Responsible for business requirements review, effort estimation, monitoring/scheduling of ETL Autosys jobs and providing the Ad hoc support and off-shore work review.
• Involved in analysis, design, and development and testing for ETL and OLAP reporting and interacted with client and end users on regular basis for issues pertaining to the reports development/ model enhancements.
• Environment : UNIX, Cognos ReportNet, Cognos Impromptu, Power Play, Framework Manager, Cognos Connection, MS Access 2007, Quality Center, UNIX, Oracle From April 2004 to February 2008 (3 years 11 months)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Finance, General @ Haskayne School of Business From 2013 to 2015 Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science @ MPCT From 1999 to 2003 Victor Convent Rahul Sharma is skilled in: Requirements Analysis, SDLC, Software Project Management, Oracle, Business Analysis, PL/SQL, Data Warehousing, Business Objects, Informatica, SQL, Java, Requirements Gathering, Microsoft SQL Server, ETL, Solution Architecture
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension