Business Development @ Tamper Proof Container Systems
Modern History and Politics @
University of Southampton
Extensive experience of business change programmes at various levels in both Public and Private Sector. Extensive practical experience of the PRINCE 2 project management methodology. Holder of 2.1 Combined Honours Degree in Modern History, Politics & Economics, and Post Graduate Diploma in English Law. PRINCE 2 Practitioner, and Certified Associate in Project Management. Certified ISO270001 Internal Auditor.
Extensive experience of business change programmes at various levels in both Public and Private Sector. Extensive practical experience of the PRINCE 2 project management methodology. Holder of 2.1 Combined Honours Degree in Modern History, Politics & Economics, and Post Graduate Diploma in English Law. PRINCE 2 Practitioner, and Certified Associate in Project Management. Certified ISO270001 Internal Auditor. Holder of ITIL Foundation certificate.
CV available on request.
Specialties:Project and Programme Management,systems testing and integration, business development, training, business change,quality management, contract negotiation and management, CCTV, Automatic Number Plate Reader systems,
Commercial Project Manager @ Comercial Project Manager for BGSW CRC (The CRC was formerly ASPT prior to conversion on 01/06/2014)
To offer general corporate and commercial support to the wider SLT in the achievement of the CRC’s Business Plan and goals.
To contribute to the development and maintenance of a corporate risk management strategy.
To support the development of a Commercial / Growth Strategy which seeks to build new alliances and identifies and secures new business, thus increasing the CRC’s market share
To contribute to all aspects of Information Security and Information Assurance to ensure that the CRC is fully compliant with all legal and contractual requirements.
Working with the Director of IT Business Development IT and Information, ensure that all activity relating to procurement, commissioning and contract management offers value for money, continuous improvements in services and meets the CRC Financial Regulations.
To contribute to an outcome focused commercial culture which generates the required contractual evidence to secure funding and meets the Board Assurance requirements
To contribute to change management across the CRC, coordinating activity as required.
To contribute to a range of projects with the aim of improving efficiency and performance.
To provide solution-focused and proactive advice and support to ensure achievement of organisational goals and priorities From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Commercial Development & Projects Manager @ Development of Contract Assurance and Business Development systems to meet relevant commercial standards (e.g. ISO 27001/2, ISO9001)
Facilitation of the accreditation of the organisation to the above standards as required.
Identification of business changes required to meet present and future contract and commercial requirements.
Identification and resolution of business and security risks.
Process development to support the organisation’s Business Plan.
Programme management of a portfolio of projects.
Mentoring, and training of project managers and project team members.
Quality Assurance including leadership of audit activities.
Representation of the organisation on local, regional, and national bodies.
Currently Project Managing a major Trust wide business change involving multiple internal and external stakeholders to meet an externally set deadline which is extremely aggressive and has multiple risks and issues associated with it. From May 2013 to May 2014 (1 year 1 month) Project Manager/Business Development Manager @ Buisness Consultancy services, ANPR, CCTV, Border Security, Sales & Marketing, Quality Assurance, Training, Project Management, Business Development, Field installation work, Team Management From July 2007 to May 2013 (5 years 11 months) Business Development Manager @ • Project management of equipment installations, management of Nucsafe field resources, risk management, quality management, and contractual compliance.
• Identifying business opportunities worldwide by means of attendance at conferences and exhibitions, research, and networking with contacts.
• Contractual negotiations with clients pre and post contract award.
• Quality Assurance and the resolution of quality issues identified by internal and external stakeholders.
• Recruiting and supporting partners worldwide including China, South Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia and the United Arab Emirates.
• Identifying business trends and advising on product development and marketing strategy to exploit changes in the market. From July 2007 to November 2012 (5 years 5 months) Business Development @ Manufacturers of patented e-mesh technology for securing shipping containers, pipelines, cash machines, secure rooms, critical infrastructure sites. From October 2009 to July 2011 (1 year 10 months) Workstream Manager - Government Technology Programme. August 2003 to July 2007. @ • Production of project documentation in accordance with PRINCE2 Project Management methodology.
• Liaison with contractors, site owners, ferry companies, HMRC and other stakeholders, and the identification and resolution of issues.
• Production of tender documentation.
• Development and testing of technical equipment
• Provision of technical advice to the Project Board.
• Management of installation projects at a number of ports simultaneously.
• Production of test plans, scripts, and schedules to fully test functional requirements.
• Development and delivery of training relating to equipment and operational procedures, the development of user interfaces, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT). From August 2003 to July 2007 (4 years) ANPR Project Team Member and Lead Tester @ • Delivery of ANPR project in accordance with the PRINCE2 Project Management methodology, with particular reference to Quality Standards and Risk Management.
• Management of equipment installation at a number of sites simultaneously nationwide.
• Drafting and updating of Project Management documentation.
• Provision of technical and operational advice to the Project Manager and Project Board.
• Working closely with suppliers, Police and other stakeholders including Port Authorities, monitoring progress and assessing performance to ensure contractual compliance, identifying areas of potential conflict, and taking action to resolve them. From July 1996 to August 2003 (7 years 2 months) Various roles @ From July 1984 to July 1996 (12 years 1 month)
Post Graduate Diploma, Law @ The College of Law, Guildford From 1994 to 1997 Modern History and Politics, Modern History, Politics and Economics @ University of Southampton From 1981 to 1984 Dover Grammar School for Boys Peter Pott is skilled in: CCTV, Integration, Business Development, Security, Manufacturing, Consulting, Shipping, Risk Assessment, Operations Management, Risk Management, Program Management, Transportation, Project Planning, Change Management, Business Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension