Nico holds a combination of business (MBA) and technical (MESc) backgrounds with a focus in innovative solutions for problems requiring web, mobile and social network integration. With over 10 years of professional experience, Nico has been a lead developer, manager and technology advisor in multiple software development projects across public and private sectors. He holds unique expertise
Nico holds a combination of business (MBA) and technical (MESc) backgrounds with a focus in innovative solutions for problems requiring web, mobile and social network integration. With over 10 years of professional experience, Nico has been a lead developer, manager and technology advisor in multiple software development projects across public and private sectors. He holds unique expertise in the fields of digital strategy, Lean and Agile practice delivery methodologies including Lean User Experience (Lean UX), and real time technology implementations in interactive techniques.
Senior Consultant @ Technology Consulting
Information Management and Analytics Technology (IM&AT) From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Real Time LIVE! Chair @ Direct and execute the Real Time LIVE! venue at SIGGRAPH 2014 and SIGGRAPH 2015.
Real Time LIVE! In a nutshell: If you’ve been toiling in your lab for the last year on cutting-edge, awe-inspiring projects that focus on real-time interactions or graphics, then WE WANT YOU! If you have a mind-controlled robotic monkey with laser eyes, we DEFINITELY want you!
Real-Time Live! Remains the premier showcase for the most innovative and interactive real-time graphics created in the last 12 months, packaged into a diverse and fast-paced show.
We are seeking the latest examples of real-time graphics, interactions and simulations, including:
Computer games, Real-time art explorations, Research projects, Military or industrial simulations, Interactive animation and graphics, Scientific visualizations: medical, astrophysics, astronomy Interactive data visualizations and information graphics, Armies of autonomous penguin drones with shrink-ray bow ties.
As long as the submission is interactively controlled, rendered in real time, and repeatable for a live audience, it WILL be considered. Accepted work is demonstrated live on stage with a PC, game console, or telepathic device. From January 2014 to September 2015 (1 year 9 months) MBA CDL Program @ From March 2013 to May 2014 (1 year 3 months) Technology and Business Strategy Consultant @ - Created strategic media exposure campaign via tradeshows and high profile events leading to multiple new clients for Flixel’s creative agency solution.
- Provided strategic consulting in go-to market, target market identification and novel technology advisory.
- Created and implemented novel pipeline for filter creation integrating creative and techical channels into one solution. From March 2012 to May 2014 (2 years 3 months) Technical Analyst II @ - Developed, designed and managed medical diagnostic pipeline including cloud based solution from first line of code to online service base model to be offered across Canada in 2014.
- Coordinated with multiple directors and stakeholders on platform requirements and implementation of best practices including management of software quality assurance process.
- Redesigned, strengthened and re-launched digital presence for multiple critical external facing websites introducing Content Management System (CMS) that allows stakeholders to produce and manage content efficiently.
- Managed resources and relationship with project coordinators on brand guidelines and web presence strategy to include social, mobile and digital screen media. From June 2008 to May 2014 (6 years) Associate @ Extreme Startups is a venture backed startup accelerator that helps supercharge founder development and secure institutional seed capital. Our evolved programs provide an unrivaled combination of seed capital (up to $210K), digital product leadership education and access to a global pool of mentors. Founding investors include Extreme Venture Partners, Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), Relay Ventures and Rho Canada Ventures. From October 2013 to April 2014 (7 months) ACM SIGGRAPH S3 Technical Lead @ - Produced juried program showcasing live demos of interactive technologies to an audience of over 5000 people.
- Restructured Student Volunteer (SV) program; managed 400+ SVs to fulfill logistics for 20,000+ attendees.
- Designed and deployed web presence for multiple initiatives, enhancing user experience and growing user base. From 2000 to December 2013 (13 years) Real Time LIVE! 2011 Producer @ Support, promote and aid in the execution of Real-Time LIVE! Program at SIGGRAPH 2011 From 2010 to December 2011 (1 year) SIGGRAPH 2009 Student Volunteer/ExStudent Volunteer Program Chair @ - Lead the restructuring, standardization and deployment of student volunteer programs in SIGGRAPH and SIGASIA (2007-2010).
- Manage 400+ Student Volunteers providing logistic tasks for SIGGRAPH 2009. From September 2008 to August 2009 (1 year) 3D Graphics Development Consultant @ - Created 3D modeling of all assets in surgical simulator currently used to aid in medical staff training.
- Developed custom exporter for commercial 3D modeling software increasing production pipeline efficiency.
- Proposed integration of realistic skin rendering via novel and innovative techniques; recommendation was adopted. From March 2008 to June 2008 (4 months) SIGGRAPH 2008 SV/XSV Program Manager @ Lead the restructuring, standardization and deployment of student volunteer programs in SIGGRAPH and SIGASIA (2007-2010). From 2007 to 2008 (1 year) Marketing Strategy Director and Co-Founder @ - Business plan development and franchise management.
- Organized and managed logistical execution of 2000+ people events.
- Created online marketing campaigns for 2night.com’s products increasing revenue 25%.
- Managed 2night.com’s sales team and acted as first point of contact for 2night.com’s VIP clients.
- Provided web and print design services outsourced from Colombian graphics design studio. From 2005 to 2008 (3 years) Teaching Assistant @ Human-Computer Interface Design (SE 353)
Microprocessors and Microcomputers (ECE 470)
• Lead tutoring sessions providing help and support for labs and assignments.
• Prepared presentations and demos for varied class content.
• Provided email support as well as office hours for lecture concept questions.
• Graded assignments and labs. From 2006 to 2007 (1 year) SIGGRAPH 2006 SV Sub-Committee Technical Liaison @ Managed onsite operations and logistics for SIGGRAPH SV Program. From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) Coordinator @ Managed Technical Support team for ISP in the University of Western Ontario From 2001 to 2006 (5 years) Team Leader and Student Volunteer @ Managed Groups of SVs to effectively perform varied logistical tasks around the conference. From 2000 to 2005 (5 years)
MBA, Masters in Business Administration @ University of Toronto - Rotman School of Management From 2010 to 2014 Licensed Practitioner (LP) @ INSIGHTS Discovery Licensed Practitioner From 2008 to 2008 MESc, Computer Engineering 2007 @ The University of Western Ontario From 2005 to 2007 BESc, Bachelor of Computer Engineering @ The University of Western Ontario From 2000 to 2005 BSc, Bachelor of Computer Science @ Western University From 2000 to 2005 CELOP, English as a Second Language @ Boston University From 1999 to 1999 High School @ Gimnasio Campestre From 1990 to 1998 Nico Gonzalez is skilled in: Parallel Computing Techniques via CUDA and OpenCL., Photoshop, Computer Graphics, OpenGL, Software Engineering, Simulations, Training, Java, Mobile Applications, Web Development, Entrepreneurship, Business Design, Financial Modeling, Management Consulting, Business Strategy