Marketing Manager @ Marketing Manager for Washington Gas, a regulated subsidiary of WGL, that provides safe, reliable natural gas service to more than 1.1 million customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. A skilled marketing professional with 13 years of experience in developing comprehensive advertising campaigns (B2B, B2C, and B2G); new media marketing and promotions;
Marketing Manager @ Marketing Manager for Washington Gas, a regulated subsidiary of WGL, that provides safe, reliable natural gas service to more than 1.1 million customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. A skilled marketing professional with 13 years of experience in developing comprehensive advertising campaigns (B2B, B2C, and B2G); new media marketing and promotions; social media strategy; customer relationship marketing and branding strategy, leading to increased corporate growth, increased revenue and improved customer retention. From July 2013 to Present (2 years 6 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaSupervisor, Marketing @ Responsible for managing and implementing the Companies marketing plan to educate customers on the benefits of natural gas and promote its efficient and effective uses. Work with the sales staff to design programs and campaigns to increase the number of meters added to the system each year through conversions and new construction and to improve customer retention. Manage the marketing presence on the internet as well as social media. Recommend marketing strategies and implement approved plans. Lead a staff of marketing and promotion specialists.
- Develop, introduce, and manage marketing programs to add utility meters.
- Manage relationship activities with trade allies to retain existing load.
- Create an annual marketing plan, with business cases, for budget proposal.
- Manage campaign budgets; identify and recommend improvements in resource efficiencies.
- Manage WG use of web technology for new business initiation and market product fulfillment.
- Responsible for promotional programs and programs to increase the education and awareness of natural gas and how to use it efficiently.
- Collaborate with external audiences to review and evaluate the effectiveness of existing programs, guidelines, systems, and services.
- Design marketing programs and materials to promote alternative uses of natural gas.
- Work with community partners and other third parties to promote clean, efficient natural gas use From August 2011 to July 2013 (2 years) SP-Marketing @ Determine the demand for products and services offered by Washington Gas and its competitors and identify potential customers. Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the company’s profits or share of the market while ensuring the company’s customers are satisfied. Initiate product development and monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services. Perform pre and post financial analysis of marketing programs and services to maximize profitability. Utilize automation technologies and industry cost-sharing opportunities to maximize revenue and minimize costs.
Research, design, implement, and manage marketing programs. May manage long and short term alternative funding projects; develop marketing materials; make contact and solicit contributions from entities such as gas appliance manufacturers, distributors and installers. Serve as liaison between outside contractors and internal departments. Identify, design, and implement core-business initiatives to initiate, optimize existing capital expenditures. From September 2008 to October 2011 (3 years 2 months) Marketing & Design Manager @ Manage creative projects for subsidiary companies. Translate marketing objectives into creative strategies;
•Coordinate with subsidiaries to prepare advertising and marketing concepts that follow company branding specifications
•Consult with subsidiaries to identify their graphic needs, budget constraints, and reasonable deadlines for the project; serve as a liaison between subsidiary and printers/publishers
•Determine whether creative projects will be in-housed or require out-sourcing
•Experience in creating and executing both B to C and B to B marketing campaigns and materials
•Develop the images to be used in a variety of creative projects, including power point presentations, brochures, newsletters, advertisements, catalogs, direct mail, and corporate identity packaging
•Responsible for the design, layout, and formatting of marketing materials, including both print and web materials
•Manage the printing production process to ensure quality
•In coordination with the Senior Vice President of Marketing, develop and implement marketing strategies
•Manage marketing/promotional mailings and broadcast faxes for all subsidiaries
•Manage other various sales and marketing activities
•Proof and edit, newsletters, customer ads and marketing campaign materials
•Work in coordination with marketing/advertising firms to create ads and other marketing campaign materials
•Evaluated target markets and proposed marketing strategies. From October 2004 to September 2008 (4 years)
BS, Marketing @ Hampton University From 1998 to 2001 Nekole Johnson is skilled in: Business Strategy, Marketing Strategy, New Business Development, Social Media, Copywriting, Management, Advertising, Account Management, Outlook, Brochures, Newsletters, Direct Mail, Email Marketing, Marketing Communications, Corporate Branding, Budgets, Marketing, Competitive Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension