Sr. Manager of Technical Operations @ Chime - Mobile Banking
Senior DevOps Engineer - Cloud Solutions and Operations @ Adobe
No education info found.
I selfishly automate everything I can.
Nathan is an IT professional with almost 20 years of hands-on and management experience. Dedicated to the DevOps cause and automation. Cloud / hybrid Cloud solutions, scaleout / failover to multiple Cloud / colocated datacenters, and cutting-edge monitoring solutions. DevOps evangelist - excellent at driving process and improvement! Acclaimed security expert.
I selfishly automate everything I can.
Nathan is an IT professional with almost 20 years of hands-on and management experience. Dedicated to the DevOps cause and automation. Cloud / hybrid Cloud solutions, scaleout / failover to multiple Cloud / colocated datacenters, and cutting-edge monitoring solutions. DevOps evangelist - excellent at driving process and improvement! Acclaimed security expert. Excellent SQL and DBA skills. Excellent communicator with years of experience interfacing directly with clients.
Years of experience in production environments ranging from from data closets at startups to acres of raised floor.
An intelligent, self-directed , high-energy IT professional with years of experience in the industry. Hands-on experience supporting the operations of high-availability E-commerce environments in multiple data centers. Excellent problem-solving and research skills. Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills. Effective at prioritizing and decision-making in fast-paced environments. Committed to constant improvement. A valuable asset to any team!
Specialties: Systems Administration, Operations / DevOps, Network Engineering / Administration, Amazon EC2, Cloud Solutions, Scale, failover, distributed computing, Network Security, Applications Engineering, Datacenter management, web application deployment and support, security, continous integration, administration, monitoring, metrics, automation and much more!
DevOps Systems Engineer @ From October 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) San Francisco Bay AreaAssociate Director - Cloud Operations and Support (Lead DevOps) @ Kony is the fastest growing cloud-based mobile application development platform (MADP) in the industry with over 600 live multi-channel apps, serving over 20 million end users across 45 countries, and generating over 1 billion sessions. Kony provides an integrated software development lifecycle (SDLC) platform to define, design, develop, test, deploy and manage multi-channel applications from a single code base. With Kony, you can deliver stunning user-first experiences, get to market faster and lower your application TCO. Kony also offers a suite of more than 30 ready-to-run B2E and B2C apps that enable customers to quickly extend their business.
In 2013 Kony was named a “Leader” in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms (MADP). For more information, please visit www.kony.com. From 2013 to October 2014 (1 year) Lead Operations Engineer (DevOps Lead) @ From January 2013 to April 2013 (4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaLead Operations Engineer (DevOps Lead) @ Get your own StarStar number at www.starstar.co! From January 2012 to December 2012 (1 year) Palo Alto, CANetwork Operations Lead @ Call of Duty Elite! (elite.callofduty.com). Check it out! From April 2011 to January 2012 (10 months) Santa Monica, CASpecial Projects @ (Consulting)
www.goubiquiti.com From 2012 to 2012 (less than a year) California, USALead Systems Engineer @ Lead Systems Engineer - Zune.net / Xbox Live From October 2009 to May 2011 (1 year 8 months) Seattle, WASenior Applications (Operations) Engineer @ Sr. Applications Engineer for Expedia.com/Hotels.com From August 2008 to August 2010 (2 years 1 month) Bellevue, WASystems Administrator - Graphics Technology - NBC ArtWorks @ Systems Administrator / Graphics Technology for NBC ArtWorks. Based in Fort Worth Hub at KXAS building. http://www.nbcartworks.com From January 2007 to August 2008 (1 year 8 months) Sr. Technologist - Graphics Technology @ NBCArtworks.com From January 2007 to August 2008 (1 year 8 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSr. Systems Administrator - NBC ArtWorks @ From January 2007 to August 2008 (1 year 8 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaManager - Web Operations - North America @ Manager - Web Operations - CapGemini Financial Services From March 2006 to December 2007 (1 year 10 months) Greater Atlanta AreaSystems / Network Administrator @ Lead Operations Engineer - SuSE Linux server administration and full company desktop migration from Windows to SLED. From November 2006 to April 2007 (6 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSr. Wintel / ColdFusion Administrator @ • Responsible for more than 150 internal and external ColdFusion Web Applications for Schlumberger, Inc. on several different platforms and versions in multiple Active Directory forests.
• Provided Citrix support for multiple versions of Citrix for multiple clients. Performed troubleshooting and issue resolution for Citrix profile errors, timouts, application errors, publishing and more.
• Provided top-tier Wintel administration and support to the IT Managers of multiple Fortune 500 clients such as Republic Insurance Group, Schlumberger, Hexion Specialty Chemical, Lion Copolymer, Kraton Chemical, University of Texas, Horizon Lines, and more.
• Project lead for an organization-wide SharePoint Portal Server rollout, including design, architecture, discovery, documentation, RFPs and more.
• Implemented and administered multiple VMWare ESX Server machines running multiple operating systems for database and application hosting and internal and external ticketing systems and web presences.
• Managed a team that implemented a large Citrix Presentation Server 3.0 farm for a large client. In the process of migration to Citrix Presentation server 4.0. Imaged all boxes, cabled, configured and set up the Secure Gateway, Web Interface, and connection with the STA.
• Lead Administrator for many Terminal Services boxes as well as several Citrix environments for multiple clients.
• Top-tier escalation point for many Active Directory administration tasks for Atos internal domains as well as customer domains.
• Worked with CA Unicenter 5.5 and 6.0 for change control and ticketing.
• IBM WebSphere administration.
• Performed multiple security audits for SAS 70 and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
• Managed with RADIA / HP OpenView, GEMS, Tivoli, and ANGate for monitoring, availability metrics and reporting.
• Administered CA BrightStor ArcServe Backup and Veritas Backup Exec for several clients. From January 2006 to December 2006 (1 year) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSystems Administrator @ From 2004 to 2006 (2 years) Network Administrator @ From 1998 to 1999 (1 year)
Nathan Oakes is skilled in: Cloud Computing, Data Center, Linux, Security, SDLC, Active Directory, System Administration, Databases, Networking, Network Security, Apache, SQL, Citrix, Network Administration, Scalability, Troubleshooting, DevOps, MongoDB, Amazon Web Services..., System Deployment, Java, Ruby, Powershell, Python, Tomcat, Amazon EC2, Disaster Recovery, Scripting, Cisco Technologies, Ethical Hacker, Big Data, Infrastructure, NoSQL, Release Management, Penetration Testing, Systems Engineering, Continuous Integration, Operations Management, Automation, Chef, Jenkins, Particle Physics, Server Monitoring, Hadoop, Agile Methodologies, OpenStack, Shell Scripting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension