FCIPS, Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply @
The University of Glamorgan
MCIPS qualified results driven strategic purchasing manager specialising in both direct and indirect spend with wide commercial management of legal, 'value for money impact and management of commercial risk. Extensive knowledge of commercial roles including drafting of contacts, negotiations & change management. Solid problem solving, decision making & analytical capabilities. Designing and implementing strategic approaches which ensure
MCIPS qualified results driven strategic purchasing manager specialising in both direct and indirect spend with wide commercial management of legal, 'value for money impact and management of commercial risk. Extensive knowledge of commercial roles including drafting of contacts, negotiations & change management. Solid problem solving, decision making & analytical capabilities. Designing and implementing strategic approaches which ensure effective delivery of the right outcome for the organisation, ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties. Wide category experience for raw materials, chemicals and additives, packaging, manufacturing, automotive, construction and mining equipment industries. Proven ability in all aspects of supply chain and purchasing management. Possessing demonstrable people & project management skills. Fully capable of working in a team and on own initiative, where skills, dedication and ability can be put to good use.
Specialties: Strong negotiation & communication skills in both written & oral form. Credibility to influence at the highest organisation levels. Strategic category development. Purchasing, Procurement, Project Management, Contract law, Global Sourcing, Raw Materials, Industrial Products, Industrial Services, Capital Expenditure, Packaging, General Services, Fleet, Utilities, Buy for Resale, Outsourcing, Insourcing, Stakeholder Engagement, Cost Reduction, Cost Avoidance, Cost Mitigation, Continuous Improvement, Value Analysis & Value Engineering, Optimisation of spend & efficiency, Framework Agreement and Service Level Agreement/Framework/Contract writing, Purchase to Payment (P2P), Data Analysis, Value Analysis/Value Engineering, BS10500 Ethics & Compliance, REACH, MS Office (Word ,Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Business Objects, Tetra, SAP, JDE, Infor, CRM, E-Procurement.
Head of Procurement @ Mabey Bridge is one of the leading specialist suppliers of high quality steel bridging infrastructure, wind turbine towers and heavy plated structural steelwork internationally.
I manage a team of strategic category managers supporting manufacturing and services support for the Infrastructure, Renewables/Wind Towers and International Modular Bridge divisions. My main focus is strategic consulting including business plan and purchase strategy development. I represent procurement on the S&OP team to review & monitor the precise impact the strategies have on operations. This process enables effective total supply chain management. From October 2013 to Present (2 years 3 months) Head Of Purchasing @ Siniat Limited. The new name for Lafarge Plasterboard aquired by Etex Group November 2011. From October 2012 to October 2013 (1 year 1 month) Head of Purchasing @ Returning from shared services to Lafarge Plasterboard Ltd since the acquisition of Lafarge Gypsum Division by Etex Group (November 2011). From November 2011 to October 2012 (1 year) Business Unit Sourcing Manager - Gypsum @ Since October 2007 I transferred to the newly established UK Services purchase department to lead purchasing for the Gypsum division.
• Direct and support lead category sourcing managers to ensure BU objectives are achieved.
• Continuous achievement of strict cost down & cash flow improvement targets across multiple projects whilst proactively promoting a safe working environment.
• Manage Raw Materials and Industrial Services categories for the UK
• Responsible for managing world wide raw material category lead purchases.
• Ensure divisional reporting objectives are met.
• Responsible for all local sourcing requirements not met by UK, European or Group strategies.
• REACH management for BU.
• Support BU to achieve BES6001 Responsible Sourcing accreditation..
• Reduce exposure to environmental risk by managing waste & recycle streams. From October 2007 to June 2012 (4 years 9 months) Purchasing Manager @ Establish purchasing department for the UK Gypsum Division, managing a multi million portfolio across multiple manufacturing locations.
• A full review of standard terms & conditions of purchase and framework agreements for goods & services with group legal department ensured exposure to risk is reduced.
• Purchasing support for multi million capital investment project for production facility in Yorkshire.
• Development and implementation of the Purchasing and Supply Strategy in line with key stakeholder objectives.
• Manage key European raw material categories for 18 plants.
• Introduced a cost effective, efficient and responsive purchasing service and ensure best value for money whilst developing best practice.
• Re-launch and raised awareness of the Purchasing department, taking a pro-active approach in offering advice and guidance to internal departments in all matters relating to the procurement of goods and services.
• Employ best practice sourcing techniques using market intelligence, cross functional teams, benchmarking, competitive tendering, pre-qualification and evaluation of potential suppliers. From November 2006 to July 2007 (9 months) Bristol, United KingdomPurchase Planning & Supply Manager @ Project management for the CEMEX global strategic change, procurement project for the hard rock & limestone quarries, concrete, asphalt and mortar plants, building products, wharfs and off shore sand dredging operations in the Wales region.
My role focused on change management building relationships and influencing internal/external stakeholders by completely restructuring the organisations procurement culture. This was achieved by successful development & implementation of the regional strategy for preparing both vendors and internal stakeholders, for the launch of a fully integrated SAP system in July 2006. From October 2005 to November 2006 (1 year 2 months) Purchasing, Supply & Contracts Manager (Interim) @ The development of a purchasing, supply and contracts management unit to establish and implement policy and procedures relating to contracted services and purchasing. Purchase goods & services & letting of contracts in accordance with financial regulations. Evaluate tenders submitted, ensuring that they comply with specification and reach the required level of quality. From June 2005 to September 2005 (4 months) Divisional Purchasing/Projects Manager @ Developing and promoting common policy across 141 packaging manufacturing plants. Enabling of ‘economies of scale’ by providing opportunities for combining the spend of other group member companies including DS Smith Plastics, Kaysersberg, St. Regis Paper, Spicers, John Dickinson, Abbey Corrugated.
Management of strategic supply relationships with key organisations & internal/external customers.
Divisional champion in use of E-Procurement tools achieving £2.5m cost savings accross broad range of industrial products, raw materials,transport and general services. From 2004 to 2005 (1 year) Purchasing Manager @ PSM is part of DS Smith Packaging and was specifically created in 1996, to meet the changing demands and strategies of companies with regards to outsourcing packaging supply chains.
I managed the 'total packaging solution' supply chains for a broad portfolio of blue chip automotive, engineering, food & beverage companies. From November 1999 to 2004 (5 years) Parts Manager - After Sales @ Set up international after sales department supporting a worldwide network of approved distributors for a new Korean HME manufacturing venture; the largest single investment made by an overseas company in the United Kingdom.
Introduced local procurement programme for OEM sourcing of mechanical and electrical components developing supply links with UK & European manufacturers & agents. From 1997 to 1999 (2 years) After Sales Parts Manager - Construction Equipment @ Establish an after sales support parts department for the U.K’s largest independent construction equipment plant hire and sales company. Developing relationships with suppliers in Japan, Korea UK & Europe. From 1996 to 1997 (1 year) Customer Support - Parts Manager @ Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd is the sole distributor for Komatsu Construction and Utility equipment in the UK.
After training at the Cwmbran engine and refurbishment centre, my achievements included promotion to set up & manage Marubeni Komatsu’s South West England depot to provide regional preventative maintenance solutions reducing overall machine downtime and repair costs. From 1984 to 1996 (12 years)
MCIPS, Purchasing @ Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply From 2000 to 2002 FCIPS, Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply @ The University of Glamorgan From 1998 to 1998 B.T.E.C., Management Studies @ Somerset College From 1995 to 1996 Anti Bribery Management System (ABMS) Lead Auditor BS10500 @ BSI Training AcademyIASSC Lean Six Sigma Black Belt - Currently studying.... @ International Association for Six Sigma From 2015 to 2015 Mike MCIPS is skilled in: Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Global Sourcing, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Negotiation, Continuous Improvement, Contract Management, E-procurement, Supply Management, Spend Analysis, Purchase Management, Management, Outsourcing, Raw Materials
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension